• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Devil trigger

Dante.devil

Most of this argument goes back to the original concept of what a DT is.

A DT (in DMC 1) was just a state where Dante would channel the power of the Devil inside the Devil Arm he obtains. In this state, Dante would merel be "covered" in the demon's power, shifting in and out of its form as he attacked.

In DMC 3, this concept was slightly changed so that Dante could have his own DT, but it would change depending on whatever weapon he was holding.

So, is Nero's DT his own power or someone else's? More than likely, it was someone else's and that someone was obviously Vergil. You see, its not that Vergil's soul ended up anywhere, rather Yamato had its own spirit just like any other Devil Arm.

How do I know? Well think about it? DMC 1 is the only game where Dante doesn't have his own DT and is also the only time where he doesn't use Rebellion. So it's safe to assume that Rebellion had its own Devil and the same can be said of Yamato.

As such, Nero's DT is his own, but influenced by the power of Yamato.

I think Nero's DT is chaneled from Yamato which contains some of Vergils power(like Sparda have Sparda's power) because Rebellion was awakaned by Dante's blood. So i believe that Sparda Yamato and Rebellion are some kind of Devil arm but very special.

Railazel

I think what would help out with this is if Nero absorbed other Devil Arms like the ones Dante had found in each of the gates.

If Nero's DT changed with each Devil Arm then it would be proof that it was his own and that Yamato was more of a "boost" for its awakening. If Nero's DT remained unchanged and still held Yamato regardless of what weapon Nero was holding or if it doesn't awaken when he's holding Yamato, then that would mean that Nero's DT is sourced by Yamato.

Another thing to consider is that DT is possible due to Dante having demonic blood and he is physically changed by the soul he's triggering. So how is it that Nero's DT doesn't change him? It seems like he's doing an outpouring of demonic power rather it being inclusive like Dante's or Vergil's. It almost seems as if his arm is more of an outlet of power rather than an expression of his demonic heritage. It's almost as if it serves the same kind of function as the pieces of Nelo Angelo's armor in the Angelo demons-- A conduit of power.

Dante.devil

I think what would help out with this is if Nero absorbed other Devil Arms like the ones Dante had found in each of the gates.

If Nero's DT changed with each Devil Arm then it would be proof that it was his own and that Yamato was more of a "boost" for its awakening. If Nero's DT remained unchanged and still held Yamato regardless of what weapon Nero was holding or if it doesn't awaken when he's holding Yamato, then that would mean that Nero's DT is sourced by Yamato.

Another thing to consider is that DT is possible due to Dante having demonic blood and he is physically changed by the soul he's triggering. So how is it that Nero's DT doesn't change him? It seems like he's doing an outpouring of demonic power rather it being inclusive like Dante's or Vergil's. It almost seems as if his arm is more of an outlet of power rather than an expression of his demonic heritage. It's almost as if it serves the same kind of function as the pieces of Nelo Angelo's armor in the Angelo demons-- A conduit of power.

That make sense

aoshi

Nero's arm does absorb demonic powers after defeating them except berial who retreats. But these powers only magnify powers of his arm such as buster holds and summoned swords(I can't remember the move but is similar to summoned swords of vergil, a charge shot from blue rose in DT). So it would be safe to say that nero is solely influenced by yamato awakened by his arm. Though arm is owned by nero, His devil form is not. In devil form, the devil figure behind him uses yamato in conjunction with nero's attacks with red queen and blue rose.His devil form is equivalent to dopple-ganger style (not completely) where another entity attacks with him than nero himself acting as demon. Which is why nero was not confirmed by capcom as not to have a DT as dante.Even in DT , nero is open to attacks and does not absorb attacks like dante in DT.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
What I remember knowing:

- Nero's arm is his own arm, not Vergil's or Nero Angelo's, since it's blue and red - Nero's signature colors. It could be a partial Devil Trigger. Nero was likely supposed to have a full DT, as you can see from my avatar.
- The spirit floating behind Nero is most likely a combination of his own Devil Trigger and that of Yamato. You keep saying it's Vergil's or Nero Angelo's, but they don't have a halo attached to their shoulders, do they?

Yamato might have a soul of its own, or it contains part of Vergil or Sparda; you have to keep in mind that Yamato and Rebellion were once Sparda's swords, and as such, they house parts of Sparda's soul - the part based on power, and the one based on rebellion, lust, love etc, just like Vergil and Dante represent the two halves of Sparda.

In Japanese folklore, Muramasa was a smith who was thought of as nearly insane, and Muramasa's blades yearned for blood. Basically, Japanese blades often have souls of their own.

I've written more about this in the thread Nero's Origins.

Railazel

Nero's arm does absorb demonic powers after defeating them except berial who retreats. But these powers only magnify powers of his arm such as buster holds and summoned swords(I can't remember the move but is similar to summoned swords of vergil, a charge shot from blue rose in DT).

Not powers, Arms. As in weapons, like the ones Dante gets.

Jamesy

vergils power is neros pwer. thats why he was able to awaken yamato. dante probably knows this which is why he let nero have yamato as it is his by inheritance. i dont see it as a spirit but as a manifestation of his demonic aura. like his devil bringer.

I agree!
When Dante says 'Keep it', after their little tussle at the end of mission 11, that gives a big clue.
I agree with it also being a manifestation of the power not the spirit.
Great stuff!!

Top Bottom