• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero Theories

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Devil May Cry fans speculate multiple theories regarding Devil May Cry 4's new character, and supposed protagonist, Nero. Nero is a character who bares a remarkable resemblance to the devil hunter, Dante. He has a demonic-possessed arm, which grants him the use of demonic capabilities.

Theories begin to spread once Nero was brought out before the public eye. One theory speculates that Nero may be the reincarnated or ressurected form of Vergil, Dante's twin brother. The second theory may be that Nero is a clone of Sparda, created by Sparda followers/ worshippers. Another theory, would be that Nero is possibly a descendent of Sparda's line. Lastly, and the strangest theory, is that Nero is Sparda himself.

But all of this is speculation. Therefore, in your opinion...just who the hell is this Nero guy?

D

Deleted member 209

mightynelson;16722 said:
he might be that red fire demon you see in the E3 video.

but u see him fighting the demon so how does that work?

In one of the sketches in another forum u see Nero with the aura around him and that looks like the fire demon

I think he might be a remnant/clone of sparda designed to b his vessel when the ult ppl that he serves resurrect him but he has been possessed by the demon that he's gonna fight in the end of the game neways.

Mobfigurz

That picture is found on the Official DMC4 website, and I dont believe the impression/silhouette of the demon that has possessed Nero is the Fire Demon we see in the Trailers.
For one the size of that Demon is vast compared to that image and his arms differ, apparently Nero faces the Fire Demon early on, so it cant be that Demon in his Arm.

I believe we're all clutching at straws and Im annoyed that Capcom hasnt released any more information regarding the game, no release date or synopsis

D

Deleted member 209

well yeah..

but judging by the size of the demon and seeing as its powers are fire related it wouldn't be the full demon inside him only a fraction. The sketch is pretty much identical to the large demon that you see in the gameplay/promo videos for the game.

Mobfigurz

But regarding the Sketch, the size of that Demon isnt so big, even though it towers above Nero, the Fire Demon appears to be much larger, maybe the Trailers decieving and your right, I dont know, Im just not sure about anything, especially the Clone theory, that seems a lil too far fetched, even for a Game.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
Fire demon? As in that creature with the huge horns? I don't think that's Nero; I mean, he has to fight the bloody thing.

D

Deleted member 209

THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!

what do u mean by far fetched it could b possible :lol:

Mobfigurz

Could be possible, but Im simply sayin that Cloning is over used in fiction and even for a game about Demons and Devils I think the Clone angle would be weird and little hard to believe, from my perspective anyway.

As for "THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!"....I did say "maybe the Trailers decieving and your right"

D

Deleted member 209

Mobfigurz;16842 said:
Could be possible, but Im simply sayin that Cloning is over used in fiction and even for a game about Demons and Devils I think the Clone angle would be weird and little hard to believe, from my perspective anyway.

As for "THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!"....I did say "maybe the Trailers decieving and your right"

I meant that's what I said to Atikkin coz he said that Nero had to fight the fire demon and could'nt be Nero, and that's basically what I said.

I was thinkin bout it after reading some theories what if Saprda had another child? < I'm all out of ideas

and Nero is like Dante's half brother or sumthin.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
In my opinion, the cloning theory is a little too much. DMC has more a horror-genre mixed in with action. Out of all the three games, I've never seen something that was close to sci-fi; such as this thing cloning thing. But if that does happen, then it's something totally brand new.

Now everyone has been speculating that Nero and Vergil have a connection? This discussion has been going on for a little while. What do you think?

Mobfigurz

Everyone that says he's a Clone, tell me this much, who is he a Clone of?

Cos a clone is a duplicate, yet he looks like Dante and Vergil, but not enough to warrant claims that he's a clone of either of them. he cannot be a clone of Sparda as Sparda was a pure Demon, who only took on a Human form when he sealed the UnderWorld and his Powers with it.

So who is Nero a Clone of, cos you guys say it with such passion, so enlighten me to who you think he's a clone of?

Mobfigurz

I dont see how thats possible, we get to see Dante as a younger man in DMC3, so if Nero in DMC4 is at about the age Dante was in DMC3 then he's not a clone of him, if he were, he'd look identical to Dante.

I think the Clone theory is flawed.

Zeke Axel

Proof of Existence
Cloning is out of the question.

I'd rather think Dante forgot to turn Doppelganger off at the end of DMC3. And so Nero was born...

Personally I think this... and I'll ****** say it for the fourth time on this forum...
Nero IS VERGIL!!!
Oh go ahead and show me he's not...

PS: Sorry for being harsh, I don't intend to insult anyone with the word "******" in this post. It's just my reaction to the situation...

DevilBringer91

First of all, Nero CANNOT be Vergil reincarnated, as his spirit is trapped inside Nero's Devil Bringer. In the Tokyo Game Show trailer, Nero hears a voice saying "Power, Give me more power." Vergil was all about power and maybe he chose Nero to succeed in his plan to attain power. Nero might have the same bloodline as Dante, but only on the human side as he is fully human, not a demon hybrid. Third of all, Nero is NOT a clone of Dante. When he was little, he was an orphan and was adopted by the Order of Knights, as stated by the Devil May Cry 4 website. Take this into consideration. :mad:

Any questions, contact me.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
So far the cloning theory is flawed. It has been dropped. Nero being Vergil the reincarnate is considered, according to DevilBringer91, another flaw. Therefore, now we must acknowledge that Nero's possessed arm maybe cradling the power-thirsty spirit of Vergil. If that's the case, do you believe that Vergil may be attempting to ressurect through Nero. As far as I am concerned, Nero is not a happy camper with his devil arm.

Then if so Nero is not descendent to Sparda's line, why then, does he resemble the Sparda twins?

D

Deleted member 209

Atikkin;17359 said:
So far the cloning theory is flawed. It has been dropped. Nero being Vergil the reincarnate is considered, according to DevilBringer91, another flaw. Therefore, now we must acknowledge that Nero's possessed arm maybe cradling the power-thirsty spirit of Vergil. If that's the case, do you believe that Vergil may be attempting to ressurect through Nero. As far as I am concerned, Nero is not a happy camper with his devil arm.

Then if so Nero is not descendent to Sparda's line, why then, does he resemble the Sparda twins?

WELL WHAT IF NERO IS VERGIL'S SECRET LOVE CHILD!! :lol:

this is unlikely tho. Coz I don't c at what point in the time between DMC3 and the up to date one he'd find the time..

but consider that he is maybe a copy of Vergil but flawed in some way. Like Trish is a copy of Eva? Maybe after Vergil was defeated in DMC1 Mundus made a copy of him. I like the idea of original demons. :dry:

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
look all i know is that nero's arm is possesed by vergil coz in the video shown at e3 at the end nero says "and a voice echoed...power! give me MORE POWER!!!" and obviously vergil was obsessed with power so it is him!!

Top Bottom