• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Sparda

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Oh right, he made it seem like we actually saw proof at some point. Thats just putting 2 and 2 together maybe the injury was just an excuse to give Nero the sling and the DB came about another way.

IDK how but im just saying yes its logical and likley but not certain. With everybody hoping Vergil will come back I would not rule out the possibility that it is Vergil's soul or something stupid like that.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;193859 said:
Oh right, he made it seem like we actually saw proof at some point. Thats just putting 2 and 2 together maybe the injury was just an excuse to give Nero the sling and the DB came about another way.

Nero had the sling because his shoulder was injured, but in fact, the Devil Bringer appeared, and that happened just in two days.

IDK how but im just saying yes its logical and likley but not certain. With everybody hoping Vergil will come back I would not rule out the possibility that it is Vergil's soul or something stupid like that.

Given the novel, Vergil seems to have been reduced to a mere joke character, I have my doubts on seeing him again. He could have potential in being used in different scenarios, instead of the power thing.

The Devil Bringer is projecting Nero's DT as a hovering ghost, which has been proven that the specter is 100% Nero. The scabbard in the left hand is simply a signature of Yamato's features.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Actually, it has been confirmed that The DB was NOT a result of his injury. Also, we have proof. Again, the art book; Art of Nero without his coat on reveals that the DB goes all the way up to his shoulder. And capcom's notes on the Full out wings DT for Dante mentions that they were intending for Dante to have an "Perfect Devil Form" that risked him losing control, and that Nero was meant to go full Trigger, but then they decided to go with the aura.

EDIT: Section from the Nero art in the art book
NeroArm.jpg

Zato-OW

King
Damn I had this book a few months back(Let my brother have it) and I never seen that page. Anyway thanks for posting it. I swear capcom is stupid for not giving DMC4 unlockable costumes.

Also, Nero was obviously using the cast to hide his arm from the public. He was very familiar with the DB and knew he had it when Dante attacked him. I remember reading that he had it for just about a months time.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I keep saying that Nero knew EXACTLY what he was doing with his arm, yet some people keep insisting that the arm showed up when the Assaults attacked Kyrie, and it "awakened" when hit with Rebellion. That make no sense for such a theory to be true, since the kid was all too familiar with the capabilities of the Bringer.

Sparda™

Dante Redgrave;194190 said:
I keep saying that Nero knew EXACTLY what he was doing with his arm, yet some people keep insisting that the arm showed up when the Assaults attacked Kyrie, and it "awakened" when hit with Rebellion. That make no sense for such a theory to be true, since the kid was all too familiar with the capabilities of the Bringer.

His arm was normal before the attack of the Assaults, and no, none here is saying that the Rebellion's hit awakened the Devil Bringer.

Nero obviously didn't know how to absorb items and Devil Arms, because we can see from his expression on his face when he absorbs various items of demonic heritage.

Maybe he knew how to use the Buster in terms of brute force, but that's mostly instinctive rather than learning its control.

I also recall one scene in Mission 10, at the cut-scene with Dante, when he's trying to unleash the Devil Bringer's power to Dante, the latter keeps Nero's arm locked and when the Bringer glows, Dante lets Nero go clashing backwards with the wall. I mean, It's obvious Nero didn't know anything about how his arm works. That's the point of the game too, learning the new abilities of the Devil Bringer. Hell, even when he finishes the False Savior with his Mega Buster, he's surprised with himself.

Darth Angelo

Dante Redgrave;194161 said:
Actually, it has been confirmed that The DB was NOT a result of his injury. Also, we have proof. Again, the art book; Art of Nero without his coat on reveals that the DB goes all the way up to his shoulder. And capcom's notes on the Full out wings DT for Dante mentions that they were intending for Dante to have an "Perfect Devil Form" that risked him losing control, and that Nero was meant to go full Trigger, but then they decided to go with the aura.

EDIT: Section from the Nero art in the art book
NeroArm.jpg

Cool I like that first one it's a lot more original. I stand corrected thanks for digging it up.

Sparda™

darth_angelo45;194218 said:
I stand corrected thanks for digging it up.

You said that It goes to the elbow, when It clearly has consumed all his arm to his shoulder. How can you stand corrected?

Zato-OW

King
Ya, I think its an American thing or something like that. Which I'm not sure if your from here or not. I'm not even sure where the saying comes from. Then again, hes from the UK.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Sparda™;194198 said:
His arm was normal before the attack of the Assaults, and no, none here is saying that the Rebellion's hit awakened the Devil Bringer.

Nero obviously didn't know how to absorb items and Devil Arms, because we can see from his expression on his face when he absorbs various items of demonic heritage.

Maybe he knew how to use the Buster in terms of brute force, but that's mostly instinctive rather than learning its control.

I also recall one scene in Mission 10, at the cut-scene with Dante, when he's trying to unleash the Devil Bringer's power to Dante, the latter keeps Nero's arm locked and when the Bringer glows, Dante lets Nero go clashing backwards with the wall. I mean, It's obvious Nero didn't know anything about how his arm works. That's the point of the game too, learning the new abilities of the Devil Bringer. Hell, even when he finishes the False Savior with his Mega Buster, he's surprised with himself.

This is hardly the only DMC board I frequent, and nothing said the attack from the Assaults were when his arm changed, that just the time frame it happened, and that was weeks to months before the events of the game, not a couple of days. I will again note, Credo hardly seemed surprised at all by Nero's power, like he knew about it the whole time, and had been covering it up when Agnus revealed it at the conference scene. Such implicates Nero's had the Bringer for a while.

Nero had never been given reason before to figure out more beyond "make phantom of my hand, grab stuff and pound stuff", and as far as indicated, he'd never interacted with various demonic objects like the ones the Order had been hiding before. He didn't even know they had them. During the fight with Dante in mission, he didn't have a surprised look on his face when it further mutated as it was struck by Rebellion, and he seemed rather adapt at picking up the statue of Sparda's sword and hurling it at Dante. Also, immediately after the fight, when combating the Scarecrows, he used it to a more than fresh experience level of skill, knowing a bit of what it was capable of at that point. That seems to indicate he's know for a while what his arm was becoming, hence why he'd been hiding it with the sling. Nero probably concocted the story of being injured as a way to hide the arm as long as he could, since it really didn't seem all that impaired at all in the fight with Dante. The fact he raised it as a shield instead of trying to dodge meant he already knew something about it.

Sparda™

The timeline between the attack and the DMC4 events is what confuses me, as there's no reference as to how much It is.

Darth Angelo

Zato-OW;194236 said:
Ya, I think its an American thing or something like that. Which I'm not sure if your from here or not. I'm not even sure where the saying comes from. Then again, hes from the UK.

Don't you guys say that in the states? lol

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The timeline got even more confusing for me after i read the 1st DMC novel.
How can Nero have Yamato, when in the book Yamato crumbled into dust after Dante defeated Vergil? I mean WTF?

Top Bottom