• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need some crits from you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablojin

Hey there,

New to the forum so a quick hi!

Just thought I would come to you guys for some crits!?

Im currently modelling dante from devil may cry 4, but was wondering if you guys would have a look and tell me if there is anything wrong?

I have modelled him from the skin outwards, using the dmc4 concept art as a guide, but making sure it follows the final design.

I have also created Ebony and Ivory, so hints on these as well.

The models arnt textured as of yet, but once I have completed this part I will be taking the model into Zbrush and taking his detailing to another level, (probs why you will notice there isnt much detail on his jacket etc)

Before zbrush though I need some help on a good "Dante" Pose as well as an idea for a nice bg.

Anyhoo enough of the waffling hi and hope you welcome me warmly.

Diablo

Dante_Devil_May_Cry_4_model_by_DiabloJin.jpg

Dante_model_update_by_DiabloJin.jpg

Dante_model_update_2_by_DiabloJin.jpg

Ebony_and_Ivory_by_DiabloJin.jpg

diablojin

Hey man!

I think you may be right, ha ha sometimes you can look at something for so long and not notice a problem till some one points it out to you!

Nice one!

Any ideas on poses?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
well...ur the artist so whatever u think looks best...personally i think that it would look cool with his arms crossed pointing ebony and ivory in front of him like he's gonna shoot something...that's classic dante...but also, there are so many possibilities for a pose to put him in...find one u like...i can't wait to see the final

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I gotta agree with GGC about the legs.
But, it's amazing, how do you do it? How long does it take?

Sparda™

Modeling can take days and weeks, If necessary.

I realize the amount of detail will get higher and this is just a taste. So far looks good. Keep It up.

sdf

I agree about the legs too, other than that looks xXx-cellent.

Offtopic:
Never liked Dante Boot covers at DMC4, i always though that they look like 5h!7.
It make him look like he's ....(my english gave me an error..lower part of he's leg) is from an elephant.

diablojin

Vergil'sB*tch;194417 said:
I gotta agree with GGC about the legs.
But, it's amazing, how do you do it? How long does it take?

I use a program called 3ds Max, use a technique called poly modelling. Then use a program called zbrush to add in details.
I will paint the textures in photoshop and use special shaders for the render. Then take it back to photoshop for touch up work.
So far I been working on it for the past 3 weeks, pretty much every night after work lol.

I agree about the legs too, other than that looks xXx-cellent.

sdf;194417 said:
Offtopic:
Never liked Dante Boot covers at DMC4, i always though that they look like 5h!7.
It make him look like he's ....(my english gave me an error..lower part of he's leg) is from an elephant.

Definately got to sort the legs now, haha its bugging me now they are pointing in like he has ridden too many horses lol, he would walk like John Wayne!:lol:

If I were to do virgil for a possible fight scene, how would he look being dante is of an older age..
Would he have the same facial features as dante, and what about clothes, would it be his blue jacket he wore for DMC3?

Just a thought I had tho :p

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
That's dedication. (I haven't got the brain to do something like that.)
The trouble with Vergil is... no one knows what he would look like.
(Well, i don't. :))

sdf

Vergil from DMC3 is the perfect one. The colors, the katana, the looks, the clothes, everything.

diablojin

ok guys gimme a couple of days to see what I can pull out the bag ;)

anyone got access to some HIGH res pics of Virgil, official capcom art and any other pics you feel may help :)

diablojin

Hey guys,

Spent a couple of hours on this...

Let me know if you think his hair looks ok, or if it should be styled different.

Thanks to Virgilsbitch for the Ref materials :)

20gy5og.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think the hair needs to be a bit longer.

And I think, maybe if you compare DMC3 Dante and Vergil shots to one another, you might pick up on subtle differences in their facial features (apart from the hair, obviously). Because they can't be completely identical - Vergil always struck me as having slightly sharper features than Dante. His nose is a tad bit longer, lips are thinner, jawline more pronounced - and he's paler to fit in with the whole Vergil-blue-ice thing. Dante has more of a baby face, fuller lips, warm tones on the skin. Those are just my observations - if you stare at their pics long enough you'll probably see the same thing I do. You might want to google it and check it out yourself though.

You're really good though, I'd love to see the final result :)

Sparda™

Vergil has the same facial features as Dante. They're identical twins. His hair is just slicked back with spikes peaking up, on contrast to the rebellious casual hairstyle of Dante.

So far looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom