• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Names

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I was wondering, does it mention anywhere - canonically - that Dante's surname is "Sparda"? I don't remember it in any of the games. But I haven't seen all of the anime or read the novels. Not likely to for the time being either, so... I wanna know - is that his actual name or is it just something DMC fans or fanfic writers have adopted themselves?

I know his pseudonym is Tony Redgrave. Is it just that Sparda has no surname, and Dante/Vergil don't have one either, and this is one of the reasons for the pseudonym, besides hiding Dante's true identity? Or that it's kinda difficult to get an ID for the liquor store without a surname?

"Dante Sparda" always sounds a bit weird to me.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I don't believe it's ever really mentioned in canon anyway, pretty sure it's something that's been coined by the fanbase, I mean...If that were the case, could you imagine Sparda's name? Sparda Sparda? Really?

Meg

Well I thought of Dante Sparda as more of a shortened version of Dante, Son of Sparda. and not an actual last name.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
most surnames originated as a modification of the phrase " son of [ insert your dad's name here]" since sparda was a demon he didn't have a surname. based on the way surnames tend to work his surname whoud be something like " Spardason" but that dosn't sound quite right so if dante really needed a surname. "Sparda" whould be best.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
darkslayer13;213223 said:
most surnames originated as a modification of the phrase " son of [ insert your dad's name here]" since sparda was a demon he didn't have a surname. based on the way surnames tend to work his surname whoud be something like " Spardason" but that dosn't sound quite right so if dante really needed a surname. "Sparda" whould be best.

Oh yeah, like 'Johnson' or 'Richardson' - good call.

I've never liked using Sparda, as a surname - like Lexy said it's weird.

But I guess if they had to have a surname, what else could it be? What about Eva's second name?

Alastor005

SStylish
It's weird to call him like that.... thats why Capcom simply left the names like Sparda and The sons of Sparda ..Dante & Vergil . Simply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom