• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MY Version of DMC4

GF9000000Returns

Yep like the title said. Let's just call it a concept thread.

Anyway I want it to be at least 80% different from the original DMC4. I want it to be a good "full" DMC game just like DMC3 and DmC because DMC4 was all about the gameplay and nothing else. I will be talking about things like the story, characters, and add or replace some new moves for Dante instead of him having the same sh*t.

Anyway, later I'm starting with the characters, stay tuned!

GF9000000Returns

Dante (a bit of Gloria) design
I'm sure I'm not the only one here who HATED Dante's cowboy costume, it just doesn't make him look like "Dante" to me. Note that it's a Dante after DMC1 so he has to look somewhat similar between the DMC1 & 2 Dante, like this...​
THAT'S how I want my version of DMC4 Dante to look like, not a foolish cowboy with the DMC3 haircut. And also the devil trigger to look almost like the DMC2 one.​
And as for Gloria, just cover some stuff up, please. I don't wanna see another Bayonetta clone.​
Character Personalities
Now it's just four characters I want to change. Everybody else is fine.​
Nero- He needs to be a more tougher and sardonic protagonist than he is now, like how the DmC Dante is. And cut the "KYRIEEEE" crap. Maybe if she got cut by a demon, he would scream that, but not for every 5 missions. He can still have his caring side, but again, he needs to be more tougher.​
Dante- Now you know I have a lot to say about him. Since the story is after DMC1, he needs to be MORE mature like the DMC1 Dante, and less DMC3ish. I bet the reason why he's like that in the first place is because of the success of DMC3. He can still act like that when he fought Nero the first time, but THAT'S IT! He also needs to do what secondary protagonists do best, and that's fighting along too. And I don't know about you guys but I want my version of Dante to smoke, not to make him cool, is because it would make him look like feeling so stressed out.​
Kyrie- I want her to be a strong girlfriend and that is by fighting too, even if it's just for a few scenes. I don't want a anime cliche love story! I want Kyrie to be like either Android 18 from DBZ or Nami from One Piece by actually doing sh*t instead of just standing there crying for someone to save them.​
Agnus- I just want him to be more funny.​
Next I will be talking about the story campaign, value, and putting new moves for Dante.​

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Character Personalities
Nero- He needs to be a more tougher and sardonic protagonist than he is now, like how the DmC Dante is. And cut the "KYRIEEEE" crap. Maybe if she got cut by a demon, he would scream that, but not for every 5 missions. He can still have his caring side, but again, he needs to be more tougher.​
Oh yeah. He's gotta BE the bad boy, not ACT the bad boy.
Dante- Now you know I have a lot to say about him. Since the story is after DMC1, he needs to be MORE mature like the DMC1 Dante, and less DMC3ish. I bet the reason why he's like that in the first place is because of the success of DMC3. He can still act like that when he fought Nero the first time, but THAT'S IT! He also needs to do what secondary protagonists do best, and that's fighting along too. And I don't know about you guys but I want my version of Dante to smoke, not to make him cool, is because it would make him look like feeling so stressed out.​
I'd say leave the smoking to Nero. Since this is old Dante, he should be an alcoholic. In that scene where Dante remembers Lady's request, he should have beer in his hand instead and Lady comments on it, to which Dante replies "I drink when I'm stressed out. And with all these demons these days, I might as well be an alcoholic. Better start fillin' out those AA cards."

Kyrie- I want her to be a strong girlfriend and that is by fighting too, even if it's just for a few scenes. I don't want a anime cliche love story! I want Kyrie to be like either Android 18 from DBZ or Nami from One Piece by actually doing sh*t instead of just standing there crying for someone to save them.

I don't really care about Kyrie fighting. I want her to have more character. Joke around, tell a joke, be a bit of a sassy sass to Nero while still being cute. God, at least be a cute little Tsundere once to Nero! Do something Kyrie!

Agnus- I just want him to be more funny.

Next I will be talking about putting new replacing moves for Dante.

Can't wait.^_^

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Dude, beefed up Kyrie would be freakin amazing. I'd like her 1000x times more if she was really like that in the game.

(Btw, Android 18 is awesome <3)

GF9000000Returns

Story Campaign:
The story longetivity for my version would be around 10-15 hours without cutscenes and 20 hours with cutscenes. It would be in two sections. One will be about Nero's orgins and will explain about how he got his arm (6 hours), while the other one will be about the main game story with a different change (9 hours). There will be 29 missions total, 7 from Nero's orgins and 22 from the main. You can choose between 3 characters, Normal Nero w/o DB, Devil Bringer Nero, and Dante. The Devil Bringer Nero and Dante would also have their super forms while the Normal Nero would have an EX mode.​
Playable Modes
Story​
Secret Missions​
Bloody Palace​
Online Style Tournament (an online mode to perfect your scores)​
Trial Mode​
Training​
Tutorial​

Weapons
Nero- Red Queen(sword), Blue Rose(gun)​
Devil Bringer Nero- Red Queen, Yamato Combination (similar to Vergil's Force Edge style), Blue Rose​
Dante- Rebellion, Giglamesh, Lucifer, Alastor (I'll explain why he has it in my version), E&I, Coyote-A, Fire Laser Gun (a new gun I'll explan later)​
Next will be the movesets for Normal Nero and some of Dante's.​

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Dude, beefed up Kyrie would be freakin amazing. I'd like her 1000x times more if she was really like that in the game.

(Btw, Android 18 is awesome <3)

Well I just don't think she needs to be a fighter in order to be liked. She just needed more emotion, screentime, and a better set up of attire and appearence.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Liked some of your thoughts, still i prefer DMC4 Dante over this Dante in this trailers, he looks too "cute", too feminine doesn't really look like he aged from DMC3 to 4 (even DMC3 Dante looks more like a man compared to this one). The dual-wielding idea similar to what Vergil do with Yamato + FE would be cool, in a thread i created to discuss what could be done to improve from DMC4 i've mentioned it, it felt somewhat "lacking" not being able to use Yamato whenever time i wanted with Nero.

This is far more acceptable than the final product. At least Dante here acts like the DMC1 version, which he was supposed to be.

Where do you see some similarity with DMC1 version here? I think he looks and acts more like DMC3 Dante, he doing that "cuhrayzeeness" with the camera is so DMC3-ish, even the voice is similar.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I made a thread about it and Im gonna post it here again

Vergil is trapped in yamato, Nero is a halfbreed 8 year old. He was the result of demonic experiments where young women were impregnated with demonic semen. Nero was among the few surviving babies. turns out that nero is in vergil's bloodline. His "father" was sparda's little brother who was banished from hell. Thus sparda's brother is trying to come up with something to impress the rulers of hell to get back. he plans to raise an army of halfbreeds with enhanced powers and give it to the rulers of hell as a present. Yamato was found by sparda's brother and he used it to extract vergil's essence and insert them into nero to enhance his strength. Nero, one day stumbles upon yamato and unleashes a weakened vergil. The release of vergil lets out a surge of aura which is picked up by Dante and he quickly makes his way towards the facility. Vergil takes some of his essence back from nero, temporarily giving him back his powers and he starts making his way towards the exit, while fighting demons and Nero follows him. Dante finally arrives and they reunite at the gates of the facility. Sparda's brother too arrives at the gate and proceeds to attack, vergil looses his powers again and while dante fights sparda bro, nero and vergil escapes with the aid of a mysterious woman. Dante is defeated, however, an old demon comes to his rescue and takes an unconscious dante back to his house. All of them reunite at a warehouse and the old demon is revealed to be a sort of father figure to sparda and his brother, while the woman is nero's mother. The old demon pleads Dante and vergil to help him bring down sparda bro and they both agree because vergil wants to know more about his father and Dante cant just refuse a the large sum of money he is offered. Then comes the missions and stuff. Vergil needs to get his powers back first. Stuff happens, things blow up. Nero is needed to actually destroy sparda bro, vergil stops the destruction of sparda bro to know more about aqcuiring his powers. Another DANTE VS VERGIL takes place. a good ending takes place where vergil understands that he needs to stop. Old man sacrifices himself. Dante cries because he wont get the money. Sparda bro dies and before dying reveals that sparda is still alive but dormant. and that sparda is the thing that he wanted to present to the rulers, not nero. Nero is only a key to aqcuire sparda.

My theory is only a basic outline with numerous plot holes and stuff. Im not much of a writer, Im just bored and wanted to express myself. feel free to add to my theory and include more details about the involvement of nero and his mother. ( his mother is only 28, same as vergil and is a potential love interest)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Character Personalities

Kyrie- I want her to be a strong girlfriend and that is by fighting too, even if it's just for a few scenes. I don't want a anime cliche love story! I want Kyrie to be like either Android 18 from DBZ or Nami from One Piece by actually doing sh*t instead of just standing there crying for someone to save them.

Agnus- I just want him to be more funny.

Next I will be talking about the story campaign, value, and putting new moves for Dante.

I enjoyed DMC4 Dante's personality. He had evidently matured from DMC3, and I believe his character developed in a smooth transition between the two games. He was the character I liked the most throughout the whole of DMC4. XD

Kyrie could definitely do with some tweaking though, so I agree with that point. Android 18 was pretty badass. One of the major things about her that put me off was her voice. It just drips with helplessness. I also agree with your point about Nero, lol, it was hilarious really, how often he'd take to screaming his beloved's name. *shot*
Tough is good. :)

GF9000000Returns

Nero (w/o DB) movelist​
Red Queen
/\x3 (Nero does a quick down slash then a left and right slash)

/\, delay, /\, /\, /\ (After the down slash, he does slamming sword attack, a quick upper then he jumps up and does a strong down slash for the finish)
  • EX version (the last hit of the combo will create a fire explosion, blowing away many enemies)
/\, /\, delay, /\(x4) (He can still have the same cross sword combo as the DB Nero but he would have a different animation after the combo is done)

R1, up, /\ (He dashes and does a powerful down chop attack, causing the enemy to bounce up or away)
  • EX version (The dash attack would create fire streak ripples on the ground)
R1, down, /\ (High Roller)

*in air* /\ (He does a Helm Breaker-like attack, but a sloppier version. It can also a quick cancel attack like Dante's Killer Bee or DmC Dante's Helm Breaker)
  • EX version (same as the Double Down, but smaller)
Mixed Combat Style
Ox4 (Nero does a punch, a roundhouse kick, a turning elbow hit then a heavy side slash)

O, delay, O(x5) (After the first punch, Nero will do more punches just like he did to Sanctus in the first battle followed a hard punch for the finish)

O, O, delay, O(x4) (After the roundhouse kick, he'll do a jumping spin kick, a turning punch, then an up and down slash)

R1, up, O (He dashes and does a flash kick)

R1, down, O(x3) (He does a hit from the hilt of his sword, a quick ax kick, then a quick calibur-like slash)

*in air* O(x4) (Nero does a slash, followed by a turning kick, another slash, then a finishing down slash)

*in air* R1, up, O (Nero grabs on enemy and delivers a headbutt, causing the enemy to bounce into the ground)

*in air* R1, down, O (does a Killer Bee dive kick attack)

*sprint* Select (He does a spining reverse kick)

Blue Rose
charge [] (delivers a powerful bullet shot to blast the enemies away)​
Next is Nero with the Yamato Combination moveset.​

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
May I add a suggestion for this? Bring back the Free Ride move from DMC3, more on Nero. Nero kinda did that in DMC4 before beginning Mission 2 and after Mission 1 which was his first fight against Dante.

Top Bottom