• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

my thoughts on the next dmc

ruru22

well if they're gonna start adding characters and put dante out of the spotlight, thats gonna **** me off, cuz its dante!!! if they're gonna make a new one by all means make a dmc about sparda 2000 years ago, i would love to see that, see how he got all of his devil arms, i mean comon him getting rebellion and yamato would be cool as hell, i wanna see the demons he got them from..

june34

well if they are going to put dante out of the spot light he should atlest have key role in the next game

heatlancer

1# Trickster
june34;67113 said:
well if they are going to put dante out of the spot light he should atlest have key role in the next game

it's just a psp game.. those games never go major and it would'nt be considered dmc5

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I think that this would be a good time to make a game about Sparda to stretch out the series before Capcom starts to (hopefully) wrap the series up in the next sequel.

lol then it would be 5 3 1 4 2 o_O

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Capcom does not make games to explain things. Every game makes it more difficult to understand what the hell happened.

DMC1 facts:
1) Sparda rebelled against Mundus and sealed him along with the rest of the demons.
2) Sparda came in Earth, married Eva and had twin children named Vergil and Dante.
3) Sparda dies(?).
4) Mundus kills Eva directly or indirectly.
5) Vergil disappears, is though dead by Dante.
6) Dante opens Devil May Cry to slay demons and find the one responsible for the death of his mother and brother.
7) Dante uses Ebony & Ivory and Force Edge, a memento of his father.
8) Dante wears an amulet, gift from his dead mother.
9) Mundus resurrects and attempts to reopen the gate.
10) Mundus sends Trish to lure Dante into a trap.
11) Trish succeeds.
12) Dante kills various devils and amongst them Nelo Angelo, who had an amulet identical to Dante's and use almost the same sword attacks as him.
13) Mundus reveals that Nelo Angelo is/was Vergil.
13a) Dante combines the two amulets and Force Edge, and it transforms to Sparda, the ultimate sword that his father used.
13b) It is revealed that the amulets as one are the key to the underworld.
14) Trish tries to kill Dante.
15) She fails and get rescued instead.
16) Dante meets Mundus.
17) Mundus uses Trish as bait to kill Dante.
18) Trish sacrifices herself to save Dante.
19) Dante beats Mundus.
20) Dante leaves Sparda and the amulet to Trish.
21) The island is nearing an explosion.
22) Mundus returns to attack Dante.
23) Trish is revealed to be alive and gives Dante enough power to beat Mundus.
24) Dante and Trish escape the island.
25) Dante and Trish live/work together in Dante's shop, now called "Devils Never Cry".
26) Trish uses Sparda for the job.

After that there was DMC2 who had these questions:

1) Where is Trish?
2) Dante wields Rebellion instead of Force Edge/Sparda?
3) Sparda fought demons in Earth too alongside humans.
4) Dante does not have his amulet.
5) The gate, opens with some mysterious relics called Arcana instead of the amulet.
6) Bolverk, a demon supposedly fought Sparda. However he is not the most difficult demon to fight.
7) Argosax was demon emperor.
8) Where is Mundus?

Then DMC3 came who gave us new questions:

1) Vergil is still in Earth?
2) Dante uses Rebellion, and apparently now is a sword that Sparda gave to Dante.
3) Vergil's amulet is suddenly gold instead of being an exact copy of Dante's amulet.
4) They way to open the gate to the underworld is changed again. This time, it still needs the two amulets but also the blood of a pure, innocent girl (a priestess?)
5) Sparda sealed his own powers as well.
6) Force Edge is inside the demon world.
7) The two amulets along with Force Edge, did not create the sword Sparda as in DMC1. Could it be that you need Sparda blood to awaken it? It is never explained.

(Of course DMC3 had some answers. It showed us the method Sparda used to close the underworld, how Vergil met Mundus, how Dante opened Devil May Cry and how he got the Force Edge)

DMC4 is the best mystery of all:
1) Nero has the blood of Sparda(at least that what a crazy old man said), however not one person knows how he got it, and apparently not one person cares about it either.
2) Lady in DMC3 was like a zealot who wanted to kill every last demon herself. However, now she doesn't really care and offers the job to Dante instead.
3) Yamato reappears out of nowhere(?)!
4) Yamato appears to be a key for a Hell Gate that Sparda once sealed.(?)
5) Yamato broke. (?)
6) Nero has Vergil characteristics. (?)
7) Sparda served as a feudal lord of Fortuna long ago(?).

My point is that instead of a story about Sparda, it is more likely we'll see something new that we don't even expect, probably adding to our questions:p

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
I want to see a game with all the qualities of DMC3:SE on next gen.

1) Dante with a full story and a full set of missions (I dont mind Nero, but I'd rather it was more like the Dante/Vergil setup in DMC3:SE than the changeover in DMC4 - I felt as if it was two half-characters rather than 2 developed characters each worthy of a full game)

2) As much unlockable content as possible

3) Return of old characters - Vergil (in some form), Mundus (possibly), Trish + Lady with major roles. I'd also like to see Credo again, but that seems pretty impossible. Assuming Neros in it I would be happy to see Kyrie return.

4)Some missions filled with nothing but fighting through demon infested rooms

5) No time limit in Bloody Palace...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Leon;67253 said:
I want to see a game with all the qualities of DMC3:SE on next gen.

1) Dante with a full story and a full set of missions (I dont mind Nero, but I'd rather it was more like the Dante/Vergil setup in DMC3:SE than the changeover in DMC4 - I felt as if it was two half-characters rather than 2 developed characters each worthy of a full game)

2) As much unlockable content as possible

3) Return of old characters - Vergil (in some form), Mundus (possibly), Trish + Lady with major roles. I'd also like to see Credo again, but that seems pretty impossible. Assuming Neros in it I would be happy to see Kyrie return.

4)Some missions filled with nothing but fighting through demon infested rooms

5) No time limit in Bloody Palace...

I agree. Let me add some things regarding the story.
I'd like for Rebellion to have some better part. All of Sparda's swords have been known by all the vilains in games/etc but not Dante's (also Sparda's) sword. Weird.

Some explanations. For example if we see Vergil, I'd like to know how the hell he came to be. More than this "20 missions" limit. Difficulties are nice, but more Missions should be nice too. And more settings. All DMC's so far have about 3 to 5 settings with the missions going through them. I like that, and it's normal, but even more settings and missions (that would give them also the chance to explain more things) would be nice.

I also don't want the crazy guy to appear. Since DMC2 we have some crazy and pathetic guy who gains power in some sort of way. (Arkham, Arius, Agnus).

More moves/devil arms/etc.
Even devil bringer actually had only one move. It just varied with the enemy.
More Dante, Lady, Sparda please.

and I have some more in mind. Proably will edit later.

Top Bottom