• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My take on DmC sequel characters and back story, updated if i'm ready :P

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
So, i dont know what the chances are for a sequel, so i figured i fanfict on one..

On the sequel, Dante is going to be a gloomy, vicious, cold much more loner personality. He accept only those who he has known from the first game, maybe Kat, maybe Phinneas.. IMO Dante need to have this personality after what happened on the first game, seriously, he had always been a loner until people showing up, and he finally knew that he had family, with one being alive and was a brother, and to know why he was different and also he's not alone for being different..

And that brief happines isn't for loong, too soon even.. and it broke like hell, that i'd hurt so bad if i were him..

here's my take on how he should look

dante_dmc_sequel_fan_fiction_by_absolitude_corner-d8e3ssp.jpg

dante_dmc_sequel_fanart_by_absolitude_corner-d8e3ssp.jpg

longer hair, ala keanu's john wick, still pretty and says i dont really care about looks..

"somebody kill me" look, he's hurt brother, very much hurt

wears red jacket, he's protecting the world, need to stand out for the demons, the jacket that says, here i am demons, my name btw, is Donte!

armored like jacket, he knew he can be physically hurt, and he needs health star and golden orb to revive, he definitely needs more protection, lol

very much it with this Dante, hope it makes sense

next up : Vergil, maybe Kat, maybe Phinneas and a brand new character(s) as villain

to be continued when ready..

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm sorry, but I never liked the "hair-behind-the-ears" look. I'd be all for it if his hair looked more like DMC1.

However, he outfit is beyond amazing, though. Great job.

While we're on the topic, I also have my own ideas for the sequel; it's going to fall heavily in-line with what @D0NN1E had planned when he was still working with Ninja Theory.

It's basically just filling out the blanks, really.

absolitude

he has a DMC2 vibe to him. Its a nice touch.

Im interested in seeing how the others are.

thx very much, vergil should be the hardest part and needs careful thinking, verymuch careful thinking, there's something about him that you don't wanna mess up

I'm sorry, but I never liked the "hair-behind-the-ears" look. I'd be all for it if his hair looked more like DMC1.

However, he outfit is beyond amazing, though. Great job.

While we're on the topic, I also have my own ideas for the sequel; it's going to fall heavily in-line with what @D0NN1E had planned when he was still working with Ninja Theory.

It's basically just filling out the blanks, really.

have mercy on me :) i dunno, this kind of hair felt manly for me, i'll try making the hair you liked, ofc it'll look good, but i'd like to see how it turns out too.. if i should go with the og Dante, i might go with the 2nd, it's a bit messy, will look good too..

or maybe this guy Nerva from Ultra Violet

006UVT_Sebastien_Andrieu_003.jpg

the movie sucked, his acting sucked, but dont touch the hair, it's all about the hair.. lol..

EDIT : and where is it? where is the thread? the one you or Donnie planned... me want look, me want..

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
thx very much, vergil should be the hardest part and needs careful thinking, verymuch careful thinking, there's something about him that you don't wanna mess up --
EDIT : and where is it? where is the thread? the one you or Donnie planned... me want look, me want..
Right here.

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/so-i-worked-on-dmc.18074/

Also, I'm glad you put so much thought into his look. It certainly looks that way because it sends the message that Dante isn't careless with his new look, but isn't trying too hard, either. It's the perfect look for him, in my honest opinion.

The guy's hair on that new picture you posted above -- this one --

-- is so much better than DMC1's Dante. Yes, this is also perfect. Use this. And don't even care what people say, I think that this hair plus your look should be Dante's official new look. It's beyond anything that I (or any other fan, really) could come up with. Good job.

absolitude

Right here.

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/so-i-worked-on-dmc.18074/

Also, I'm glad you put so much thought into his look. It certainly looks that way because it sends the message that Dante isn't careless with his new look, but isn't trying too hard, either. It's the perfect look for him, in my honest opinion.

The guy's hair on that new picture you posted above -- this one --

-- is so much better than DMC1's Dante. Yes, this is also perfect. Use this. And don't even care what people say, I think that this hair plus your look should be Dante's official new look. It's beyond anything that I (or any other fan, really) could come up with. Good job.

oh man, the thread was intense.. some of the ideas was also one of my plans for my fanfict, one being the significance of hell and heaven plane.. i was already preparing a character from hell and heaven.. and that heaven wont necessarily be good to Dante..

thx so much for the thread link Vergilius! and thx for your nice words..

seriously, if there will be a sequel, it's gonna be a GREAT one

absolitude

Hey! Um....if you do a DmC version of Lady, have her look more military/mercenary. Still HOT, but more like a fighter than a school girl

i dont do girls to be honest, it's darn hard for me, lack the skill, but since i'm doing digital tracing --dont know what the right term for it-- i think it's doable, and you mentioning military/mercenary makes a great idea for her fanfic background, since this serie is a reboot.. thx man.. i'll see what i can do

absolitude

!UPDATE

this will be a villainy character, SIBERIUS

yes, this is based -literally- from the character Siberius Vaako from the Riddick universe.. i just love that character too much that i wish that he would appeared more, since the Riddick franchise has no sure continuance..

Kudos to David Twohy as the creator of Riddick, i dunno who created Vaako, kudos to him too, maybe it was Mr.Twohy himself..

And since NT could have "Gollum" in their work, maybe.. you know.. they can ask Mr'Twohy for Vaako? since Riddick was a British-American production.. if not mistaken

anyway, here he is..

siberius___dmc_sequel_fanfiction_by_absolitude_corner-d8fcfvw.jpg

siberius_by_absolitude_corner-d8fcfvw.jpg

Name : Siberius
Race : Demon
Height : 190 cm
Favorite food : Ramen
Weapon : big bladed Machete, the one shaped like a butcher knife, only big.. it's -- ah, you know what i mean

So, this guy is pure demon, he's very much related to Mundus, let it be a mistery how, and that makes him also related to Sparda. In fact, he's closer to Sparda than he is to Mundus, in a way, Sparda taught him stuffs and maybe just playing when Siberius was just a kid.

The guy is focused, and a man of principle, he is cold, doesn't speak much, he has his ideal, which only him would know, and he minds his own businesses..

They say he lived in a country to the far east, running business for Mundus. But does he care about Mundus? only in a formal way, being part of the Mundus dinasty. Mundus's defeat --or was it death?, ofc reached his ears and eyes, the hell gate was opened. He didn't really care about Mundus's defeat/death, but he wants to know why and how, and most certainly who..

and he went to find out, a journey of formality for the dinasty, and mostly self needs --dammit my english is too limited to make out the perfect word

and what a surprise, when his search is apparently Sparda's own

to be continued..

Last edited:

absolitude

i desperately want to see that, characters that could be likable and have their own fanbase much like dante and vergil, either on the bad side or another anti-hero type.. and i dont want to talk about nero..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i desperately want to see that, characters that could be likable and have their own fanbase much like dante and vergil, either on the bad side or another anti-hero type.. and i dont want to talk about nero..
Nero isnt that bad, they just never did a good job making him stand out from Dante so maybe making him to be Dante's foil might be a good way to go.

absolitude

no complain on the looks, the way they deliver him is what i dont like.. and he's no different than dante in personality imo, so i see no point to see him as a whole new/different character

absolitude

!UPDATE

Angel character entry, now i'm too lazy to color it, it's painfully tiring so i'll keep it simple and draft-y, it's a friggin fanfic anyway..

miraj_by_absolitude_corner-d8mf1y0.jpg

Name : Miraj
Race : Angel
Height : 185 cm
Favorite food : -
Weapon : haven't thought of it, wanted a unique one but haven't got a clue

On my fanfic, angels are orthodox, formal and by the book kinds of people, now this young high-ranked angel is even more of those. He's strict, ambitious, fiery, short tempered and takes thing too seriously.. This kind of people in a stiff world are mostly know less of the bigger picture, you gotta wonder why the angels sent this kind of person down to earth..

His mission is restore balance and to shut down any remaining hell-gate, or so he thinks..

At first i wanted to give uniforms to these angels being them stiff and all, but being sent down to earth ofc they need to be discrete, least that's what they brief Miraj, so, them high angels told him to blend in --there's gotta be more to this huh.. anyway, the young angel did, he blends in..

PS: i hope this isn't considered double posting

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@absolitude: No, it's not considered as double posting. Especially not since this is your story. The last post you might of made could have been ages ago (since being busy with other things or lack of inspiration and/or motivation) could've been the reason as to why your story hadn't been updated for awhile. Not only that, but to bump your own story thread is to make other people aware that you have added more to it. Whether it just be an idea that you have or a whole new piece to add.

absolitude

!UPDATE!

reworked Miraj, yea yea, digital art is cheating, now shut it and submit to my will! :D

miraj___dmc_sequel_fanfiction_by_absolitude_corner-d8oy1xb.jpg

miraj___colored__reworked_by_absolitude_corner-d8oy1xb.jpg

NEW STUFFS

so okay, i know there's no such thing as full devil/nephilim form in DmC, since in mission i forgot which, there's this nephilim called asiel, aciel or something like that, turned into statue, and as you can see she's still looking human, only with wings..

but i'll go further and make a nephilim form for Dante in my fanfic sequel, for the sake of fantasy and fan-service.. plus i need him to have something to equal vergil in my planned story, cuz vergil will be in a whole nother level..

so here goes, NEPHILIM FORM

nephilim_trigger___raw_by_absolitude_corner-d8oy88u.jpg

well yea, again i'm too lazy to polish it, anyway, here's a quick brief, i need dante to look monstrous or devilish like in the original, i want the form to be agile and wild yet still elegant, organic and sturdy.. all to give the feeling of i'm turning into something different when i push the form trigger buttons..

and i want longer duration for this form, give him all new moves to master and perform.. this form should have more to it than just finishing enemies faster.. the environments will also turn with more darkish atmosphere, i like what they did in DmC with the atmosphere change

PS : colored and reworked version later

EDIT :

more characters,

ARKHAM

char_18334.jpg

well duh, a bald, cold, ambitious guy, he's perfect the way he were, nothing i want to change from him. Arkham is a very interesting character, one of my fave villain of all time, they did a great job with him, i love this ambitious villain with family tragedy type of character.. on my fanfic, he will work under Siberius, advisor something for Siberius. But he will still have his own agenda, and like the original, he will also have affair with Vergil. I forgot what Arkham was in DMC3, i'm planning to make him the manifestation of evil in human, there are demons, there are angels, and there are humans, arkham will be what humans are in evil form

and, when there is arkham, there will be

JESTER

jester___raw_by_absolitude_corner-d8p1s0e.jpg

In all honesty, like Arkham there's nothing i wanna change about Jester, they were perfectly designed, but there's something about jester --the more interesting character that bugs you to mess with him and creates your own version..

Like Arkham was, Jester is not demon, he is pure human being evil, make it a spiritual manifest or stuffs, i want human to stand out in my fanfic in a world where demon and angel roam..

Last edited:

absolitude

!UPDATE

PHINNEAS,
latest

also, no change, can't do it any better anyway, the design is already perfect.. and besides, and idea of a bum like prisoned demon wearing different clothing is kinda weird.
I've always imagined Phinneas to have Bond's Q like role.. well not necessarily gadget or cars, maybe some informations, or maybe yes, some demonic gadgets, why not.. and since he's a demon, maybe he can blend in for some purposes.

KAT,
kat___dmc_sequel_fanfiction_by_absolitude_corner-d8s4c9a.jpg

Now i only edited an already existing design from the game, so credits to Mr.Alex Garland.. I just tweaked some to be more in line with my continuity and taste.. i honestly prefer the looks on the original design than on the game, but i still changed the eyes a bit, i like this kind of eyes..

so I gave Kat black shirt, a representation of gothic and mourn--to what happened with vergil--, i also gave her skirt like something to make her more mature and feminine, and also to be more like a wiccan of gipsy.. I love the boots verymuch so no change to it

Kat has longer hair, longer in front, shorter in the back the way she was previously, it is also braided on the back.. Kat will still play the same role, her powers are growing.. but she want be involved much or let her into some dangerous mission, Dante won't let him, he is still weary for Kat's safety.. And Kat will be haunted by the memories of vergil, cuz i want her to, nah, cuz i think vergil means so much for her, maybe as a brother and saviour, maybe some love interest, i don't know, later..

to be continued..

Top Bottom