• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Reboot Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirgilTheart

Devil May Cry brand new tears -- DmC reinvents Capcom's classic action franchise to explore new frontiers with the series. The "Devil May Cry DNA" of stylish action, rewarding combat and a brash, smart-talking protagonist all remains; however, it has now injected with a dark and brutal gameplay that promises to redefine the franchise.
Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost. DmC retains the series signature mix of sword and gunplay but add additional weapons, all new powers and a revitalised gameplay system as players encounter the game's devilish mix of enemies and navigate the rich, interactive environment.

That's apparently the official description of DmC. As some of us are aware, there is a hint of the game's plot in the quote.

Set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC depict a duplicitous world where nothing is ever as it seems and the line between good and evil is constantly blurred. Spurred into action by the promises of a trusted relation, Dante bursts into this world intent on revenge at any cost.

The promises of a trusted relation? Going to guess that is Vergil. Even though DmC IS indeed a reboot, certain elements to the plot like Vergil are most likely going to show up. Not to mention he's quite a popular character.

Anyways, the following is my theory; This story is the reboot's story of "Dante"'s origins. Vergil sets things up for the demonic power within Dante to start awakening (hence the silver/white hair in the back) AKA; Dante will eventually be completely white-haired before the game is done (it's hinted briefly with the following image that flashed on the screen the first time the voice asks "What is your name?"

vfxiwx.jpg

On top of that, Vergil ALSO has Dante get sent to the mental hospital, to get him ****ed and break out to go after Vergil (only for it suit some sort of plan Vergil has)

The massive headache(s) he gets in the trailer? Progression of the demonic powers could possibly one heck of a bit(ch to have. ;)

Anyways, as for the smoking and more violent than the original Dante, it's my hope that hopefully the game will also contain massive character development.

... *looks at the crowd* Thoughts, folks? *puts on bulletproof vest for safety* :)

Asmodaius

I like your theory and that you base it on official statements like that.
How much Vergil is a part of this is something we have yet to see, but it could easily be him they are referring to indeed. And I too think it would be cool if his demonic powers were evolving slowly and that would also explain his traumas which we see in the trailer.

VirgilTheart;275434 said:
That's apparently the official description of DmC. As some of us are aware, there is a hint of the game's plot in the quote.

The promises of a trusted relation? Going to guess that is Vergil. Even though DmC IS indeed a reboot, certain elements to the plot like Vergil are most likely going to show up. Not to mention he's quite a popular character.

Anyways, the following is my theory; This story is the reboot's story of "Dante"'s origins. Vergil sets things up for the demonic power within Dante to start awakening (hence the silver/white hair in the back) AKA; Dante will eventually be completely white-haired before the game is done (it's hinted briefly with the following image that flashed on the screen the first time the voice asks "What is your name?"

vfxiwx.jpg

On top of that, Vergil ALSO has Dante get sent to the mental hospital, to get him ****ed and break out to go after Vergil (only for it suit some sort of plan Vergil has)

The massive headache(s) he gets in the trailer? Progression of the demonic powers could possibly one heck of a bit(ch to have. ;)

Anyways, as for the smoking and more violent than the original Dante, it's my hope that hopefully the game will also contain massive character development.

... *looks at the crowd* Thoughts, folks? *puts on bulletproof vest for safety* :)

I like that ;).Nice build-up.

Vampi

How can he miss the theory thread? Its right there in this forum LOL. And Moses is not being rude, rather helpful. There's alot of theory threads popping up and flooding the forum, while Meg's has a perfectly good thread with all the theories together.

Vampi;275486 said:
How can he miss the theory thread? Its right there in this forum LOL. And Moses is not being rude, rather helpful. There's alot of theory threads popping up and flooding the forum, while Meg's has a perfectly good thread with all the theories together.

Maybe he didn´t scroll down his mouse beacuse he didn´t know it exist :huh:,ok maybe i overreacted about moses but he could say that in better manner.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
And before another thread gets out of hand, i just want to say that i like your theory VirgilTheart.
Now i just gotta wait and see if they ruin my fave character of the series

VirgilTheart

Vergil'sB*tch;275495 said:
And before another thread gets out of hand, i just want to say that i like your theory VirgilTheart.
Now i just gotta wait and see if they ruin my fave character of the series

Thanks! :D And also thanks to everyone else who likes the theory. :D ^_^

On another note, sorry about not posting it in Meg's Theory thread. :( I'll try to remember that next time. :lol:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Nice one ^_^

I found this theory very interesting. I wouldn't have read it if it was in the Theroy thread 'cuz once I've read a few posts in threads I don't usually go back 'cuz everything seems to be getting out of hand at the minute.

I like the screenshot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom