• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My last Nero/DB theory

Dante94513

Yes, I know, it's another of those "I think I know who Nero is" thread (There should be a zillion by now), but this just came out of nowhere yesterday and somehow I thought it fits quite well. Now I felt glad Capcom didn't reveal Nero because it helps bring out more and more ideas to help his backstory be more surprising (Unlike Elika's from Prince of Persia). Anyway, this is my last "Nero and the DB" theory till Capcom reveals it, so don't bash me it this was said before.

During the events of DMC1, Dante defeated Nelo Angelo. After that Nelo caused a huge sierge of power then vanished. A lot of people said he was dead, but its confirmed that he disappeared. (This would sound bootsy) Nelo's body as well as Vergil's were destroyed, but a remain piece of his soul was left wondering around the world (but it's invisible so no one sees it), It appears that Vergil is able to control that remaining soul. It was wondering the world to find a body that would suit him. (strength, and same desire for power to protect). So far he hasn't found a good vessel. He has to find a very fitting body to transfer into because he might not come out of it. He looked for a year (or so), but couldn't find a vessel. Till one day he reach Fortuna and he saw a young knight killing demons than no other human has done before. His name was Nero, he had amazing fighting abilities, speed and agility, his attitude and liking are somewhat different though. Vergil's soul has been watching him for a while to know more about him to see if Nero is the right vessel for him. Then comes the demon attack in fortuna. Kyrie was injured, Nero's Red Queen was damaged, and Nero was hopeless to save her. Nero cried out her name twice (like in the flashback ) then it triggered to Vergil that this is the same as to how it happened when Vergil wanted to save Eva. He thought that both him and Nero have a thing in common. And Vergil was not going to make Nero suffer what Vergil had. So Vergil thoughtfully transferred inside Nero. Nero's body then felt strange, his body became lighter and stronger,. Before he knew what was going on, his right arm started changing, and a voice echoed to his head "Power, Give Me More Power." Nero with ease exterminated the demon and rescued Kyrie, but she was unconscious. Days after the attack, Nero's hair starts to turn white, and his attitude is slowly becoming more,..proper. Vergil's soul couldn't fully take control Nero because his soul is a fragment (I sounds stupid, I know), but merging with Nero did change his appearance. I think in DMC4 when Nero obtained Yamato, part of Vergil's soul was restored. Another thing I think is the more Nero consumes power within the DB and find more counterparts, the more possibility that Vergil will be back and much stronger than before. Like the item in DMC4 that were sucked into the DB doesn't just make Nero stronger, but to Vergil aswell, and when Nero finds more of his counterparts. Vergil will be resurrected and take full control of Nero. Again this is my thought. Anyway,that was it (not so great, but I tried), there might be some misspelling so I'll check back. That was my last Nero/DB theory. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna read some manga.;)

Zato-OW

King
He did somewhat explode after his defeat to Dante. Hence Agnus finding shards of Nelo Angelo and using them to create Bianco's and Alto's. Which means he blew up after the fight with Dante which also probably means hes most likely dead(which he was when he was Nelo.) But who knows what DMC5 will bring. Maybe Vergil would have his original look back and no longer be a zombie.

Sparda™

DeviRyuuD;168421 said:
doesnt Trish in DMC1 say Vergil has died, after your fight with Nelo Angelo?

DMC1 carries a lot of plotholes, because, as of Devil May Cry 3 and novels/manga/anime, new information has been revealed.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
In DMC 1, Mundus stated to Trish that Vergil was defeated. It doesn't necessary mean that he was killed.

In theory, Nero may be Vergil. The dude was saying the same phrase as Vergil was, such as "blast," or "be gone."

If it is possession we are talking about, then it is a whole different story. Vergil taking over Nero's mind and body...scary. Someone call in the Exorcist.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
darth_angelo45;168433 said:
I made a video about my theory on the DB, I forgot to put it on here so I will do that now instead of making a new thread and causing more eye rolling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2YP_JTu1B4&fmt=18

I've been thinking about the Devil Bringer/Assault theory for awhile.In the DMC4 novel it states that Nero has his Devil Bringer from Assault.(even if it isn's canon)

First I thinked the Devil Bringer looks like Blitz's arm.

Oh and rep+ darth angelo for the vid

Top Bottom