• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Last Hope

TonyRedgraveDMC

This is just my personal assessment, and an opportunity to get something off my chest, and to have something be said so I can take my own words at face value: Today is Oct 17, 2017 (wife's bday actually) but also the 16th anniversary of the release of Devil May Cry in the U.S.. I strongly believe that if Itsuno's announcement this year isn't today, and isn't DMC related, it's finally time to stop keeping my eyes peeled, my ears perked, and my hopes up.

Not to say I won't hope for a new DMC title, but it's about time to quit grasping at straws with Capcom for now.

Viper

Premium
Why today? It may be the date on which DMC came out in USA, but to Japanese and gaming industry in general it's just another day, and games tend to be announced on big events, when you know potential customers will be paying attention.
Not to say you need to keep grasping at straws, change of things to focus on is good for the soul.

aoshi

Why today? It may be the date on which DMC came out in USA, but to Japanese and gaming industry in general it's just another day, and games tend to be announced on big events, when you know potential customers will be paying attention.
Not to say you need to keep grasping at straws, change of things to focus on is good for the soul.

Way to miss the point(even though thread's title is so obvious) by a long shot. He(we) are expecting a new DMC announcement is the gist of it. Its common sense to mourn the fact that DMC is almost dead. I don't know why is it so hard to understand for you.There is no need to get pedantic over it. Anniversaries are important too.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Way to miss the point(even though thread's title is so obvious) by a long shot. He(we) are expecting a new DMC announcement is the gist of it. Its common sense to mourn the fact that DMC is almost dead. I don't know why is it so hard to understand for you.There is no need to get pedantic over it. Anniversaries are important too.
Bitchy much?
What damn point? It's another fan crying about DMC5 not being announced yet, taking a date that only has meaning to one part of the world as the moment where they either deliver or he calls quits. Japan got DMC1 on August 23, Europe and Australia on December 7th, there are literally three anniversaries per year, and the first one is commonly the most important one, for more than one reason in this case.

aoshi

Bitchy much?

Not as much as you are, drama queen

What damn point? It's another fan crying about DMC5 not being announced yet, taking a date that only has meaning to one part of the world as the moment where they either deliver or he calls quits. Japan got DMC1 on August 23, Europe and Australia on December 7th, there are literally three anniversaries per year, and the first one is commonly the most important one, for more than one reason in this case.

If it does not matter being a DMC fan, you can get the hell outa here cuz this is a place for DMC fans in the first place. Again, with the pedantic details.We haven't heard anything in E3 or TGS this year. OP happens to live in the US. So its only fair he recognizes the US anniversary.Heck, the point was to hear some announcement as US anniversary is the closest we are right now. However, you had to make a deal out of pedantic details.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
FFXV taught me to never give up hope:cool:.

But ultimately you'll move on and you'll find other expierences to enjoy.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Bitchy much?
Not as much as you are, drama queen

....sweet father of Thor, that escalated quickly.

I should mention that everyone here's largely overestimating two things:

1) How much Capcom keeps track of the duration of time between entries in ALL of their franchises that aren't Resident Evil or Street Fighter. Other games like Breath of Fire, Onimusha, and Dino Crisis all had anniversaries in the past few years, and Capcom did absolutely nothing to acknowledge them, outside of maybe a sale on PSN or Xbox Live. Their fans keep better track of their licenses than they do...don't be at all surprised that Capcom shows the same neglect to Devil May Cry.

2) What Itsuno can or cannot announce to the public under Capcom's authority. You have to realize that even high-ranking Capcom devs like Itsuno and Kobayashi can't unveil upcoming games unless they're at a certain stage of development, unless it's there to build hype around current releases (Resident Evil 2's Remake comes to mind, since that announcement came right at the time both REmake and Zero were being remastered for PS4, as if to say "Hey, we're remaking a series classic, but until then, enjoy these games in HD!"). I wouldn't be surprised if the project Itsuno is working on was supposed to be unveiled at E3 or TGS, but wasn't due to revisions or Capcom blatantly thinking the game wasn't in a state to even tease before opting to reveal it later.

We still don't even know if Itsuno's project really is DMC5, as likely as it probably is. Capcom clearly was satisfied with how much DMC4: SE ended up selling, so that's probably enough to greenlight a sequel to shareholders. The fact that Itsuno even is working on anything gives us more fuel for speculation than anything else for the past five years, so I'd just be content with that until the inevitable announcement. Just pray for your sakes it isn't Rival Schools 3 or Dragon's Dogma 2 (despite how stoked I'd personally be for the latter).

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I honestly don't think Itsuno's game is DMC5 -- I could be wrong though.

DMC: Survive and DMC Pachinko 2 :laugh:

TonyRedgraveDMC

Woah, didn't want my thread to spark name-calling. I have to agree, Capcom itself probably doesn't notice dates like that, tho I have to disagree about announcements/teasers being delayed until game is at a nearly completed state; anyone remember the concepts we saw before DMC4, like the drastically different Dante design in the alleyway, or the almost-the-same-as-3 Dante in an arctic environment? I can live with some MvCI Dante models as a glimpse/teaser for more to come.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well I do agree with @Viper, the US release anniversary is more than likely of little to no importance to Capcom, at least not enough to grant an announcement, or a reason to quit hoping if it doesn't happen.

There are other, more substantial reasons, that were already listed in this thread, to think the franchise is dead.

Top Bottom