• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Idea of a DMC2 Remake

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm refering to the person she was cloned from as in similar to how Trish was made in the image of EVA, Arius used someone as the source material for Lucia and the other secretaries.

There is story material to be mind there.
.................no we don't need another Trish plot plus with Trish is rather relevant because she was copied from Dante's mother so she can lure in Dante. Unless if Lucia's original design or Arius inspiration for her design came from someone important to him like a long dead wife or his a beloved daughter he lost then it wouldn't be necessary.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
.................no we don't need another Trish plot plus with Trish is rather relevant because she was copied from Dante's mother so she can lure in Dante. Unless if Lucia's original design or Arius inspiration for her design came from someone important to him like a long dead wife or his a beloved daughter he lost then it wouldn't be necessary.

But who else is he gonna clone but someone important to him?

Plus lets not leave it half-baked like 4 and 2 were. If we are gonna explore Lucia's story we gotta answer the questions most relevant to her like who she is, which would be tied to who she was clone from.

And besides, The trish subplot wasnt that good so we can acknowledge it and turn it up to 11 by comparing and contrasting the two expierences.

bigger problem is figuring out what Dante's character arc is.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But who else is he gonna clone but someone important to him?

Plus lets not leave it half-baked like 4 and 2 were. If we are gonna explore Lucia's story we gotta answer the questions most relevant to her like who she is, which would be tied to who she was clone from.

And besides, The trish subplot wasnt that good so we can acknowledge it and turn it up to 11 by comparing and contrasting the two expierences.

bigger problem is figuring out what Dante's character arc is.
What does that mean?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The main problem with dmc2, dmc4 and the anime was that Dante had no character developmen or arc to go thru which made him boring to watch.

He had no rival to fight, no lesson to learn or issues to resolve.

Well I felt the concept of DMC2 Dante's story was that Dante surpassed his father and became the legendary dark knight yada yada yada so why not focus on that aspect but even better and he can have Bolverk as a rival as Bolverk used to face Sparda so why not Dante's DMC2 rival be a demon who faced his father in the past and it can help contribute to him maturing and becoming a legendary demon hunter like his father thus surpassing him.

Also this game needs a new title outside DMC2 like how Operation Raccoon City was a remake of another Resident Evil game but with another title or MegaMan Powered Up being a 3D remake of MegaMan(1) and MegaMan Maverick Hunter X to MegaMan X(1)......................so I guess like Devil May Cry: Inferno.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I felt the concept of DMC2 Dante's story was that Dante surpassed his father and became the legendary dark knight yada yada yada so why not focus on that aspect but even better and he can have Bolverk as a rival as Bolverk used to face Sparda so why not Dante's DMC2 rival be a demon who faced his father in the past and it can help contribute to him maturing and becoming a legendary demon hunter like his father thus surpassing him.

Also this game needs a new title outside DMC2 like how Operation Raccoon City was a remake of another Resident Evil game but with another title or MegaMan Powered Up being a 3D remake of MegaMan(1) and MegaMan Maverick Hunter X to MegaMan X(1)......................so I guess like Devil May Cry: Inferno.

But how do you turn that into character development? whats the arc and how does it explains his actions?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But how do you turn that into character development? whats the arc and how does it explains his actions?
........I guess a lot of the bosses Dante faces were resurrected demons that his father fought long ago like lets say Trismagia or Furiataurus.

Funny idea for the Trismagia boss scenario when Dante faces him Trismagia since he is the all knowing oracle of the underworld he should speak in a whimsical, poetic, and riddle-like tone(most like a reference to the Divine Comedy since he was based off of Satan from the Divine Comedy) in an attempt to make Dante question his actions but Dante gives him an answer that was rather similar to Sparda's answer when Trismagia questioned his actions to protect mankind. In the end Trismagia dies but upon his death still questions Sparda's answer and only fought Dante to see if he could and felt rather upset or sad despite being the all knowing oracle still could never figure out Sparda's actions himself. Dante sees this and reflects on his past battles with Trismagia, Bolverk, and his past demons he realizes that demons and humans aren't so different after all. They all have one thing in common.........pride. Then Dante finally comes to a conclusion as to why Sparda decided to betray his demon brethren and side with the humans....well his own conclusion(which will be unknown to the audience).

Trismagia seconds before his death begins to laugh as he notices that Dante realizes the answer himself something he couldn't and Trismagia asks Dante...
"When the time came do you think Sparda has ever killed a human for the sake of mankind?"
Then swooshh...Trismagia bursts into a white flash just like in the game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
........I guess a lot of the bosses Dante faces were resurrected demons that his father fought long ago like lets say Trismagia or Furiataurus.

Funny idea for the Trismagia boss scenario when Dante faces him Trismagia since he is the all knowing oracle of the underworld he should speak in a whimsical, poetic, and riddle-like tone(most like a reference to the Divine Comedy since he was based off of Satan from the Divine Comedy) in an attempt to make Dante question his actions but Dante gives him an answer that was rather similar to Sparda's answer when Trismagia questioned his actions to protect mankind. In the end Trismagia dies but upon his death still questions Sparda's answer and only fought Dante to see if he could and felt rather upset or sad despite being the all knowing oracle still could never figure out Sparda's actions himself. Dante sees this and reflects on his past battles with Trismagia, Bolverk, and his past demons he realizes that demons and humans aren't so different after all. They all have one thing in common.........pride. Then Dante finally comes to a conclusion as to why Sparda decided to betray his demon brethren and side with the humans....well his own conclusion(which will be unknown to the audience).

Trismagia seconds before his death begins to laugh as he notices that Dante realizes the answer himself something he couldn't and Trismagia asks Dante...
"When the time came do you think Sparda has ever killed a human for the sake of mankind?"
Then swooshh...Trismagia bursts into a white flash just like in the game.

thats a good scenario.

i think the game should end with Dante going soul-searching by going to Hell and exploring, trying to figure Demons out.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
thats a good scenario.

i think the game should end with Dante going soul-searching by going to Hell and exploring, trying to figure Demons out.
............hmmmmmm......I guess it work but I thought him just saying he is going to hell and rides off into his motorcycle was badass enough...also yeah I would give Dante and Lucia different ending credits(didn't like how I had to beat Lucia's scenario to see freakin end credits) and after credits different ending cutscenes(for Lucia the same as before and for Dante what you said).

DmcJACKPOT

Let's rock!
How about a new style : Dante summons souls of Demons he defeated and claimed, like Bolverk's wolves ?
and a secret Sparda style. Game should definitely get longer, harder. Epic cutscene, a little betrayal and twist should do some magic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
At this point, if you are gonna bother to do a DMC2 remake you might as well go all out and rebuild from scratch.

go big or go home. There are alot of good ideas and potential within DMC2 but very bad execution so this would be a chance to get it right.

Top Bottom