• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Idea of a DMC2 Remake

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If Capcom ever remade DMC2(OH GOD IM PRAYING ON IT TOO!!!)....this is how I would envision it or I might as well post my ideas.

I got the idea from this thread:

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/dmc2-remade.9999/page-2#post-365401

I Felt DMC2 HAD SOOOOOOO MUCH potential to be a great game( Not because it was a sequel to the great DMC1 but it had so much interesting ideas & seem)but Capcom seemed to have rushed it & failed. So here is what I see could've improved to make a great remake. However I am putting in Capcom's resources, time, & other outside game & mostly company based factors into consideration when making this list.

#1. Story Mode(Standard Mission Mode)

In DMC2 there was Dante & Lucia mode but on 2 separate disks & Trish shared their modes. So first thing I would make that Dante & Lucia share 1 disk for their story mode but not like how DMC3 did Dante & Vergil mode(2 separate save files for them). I was thinking on the main mission select screen(the screen that you open where it has the missions, the difficulty modes, library, theater, & etc) the player can easily switch between Dante & Lucia via the L2/LT & R2/RT buttons or at least make it so the player don't have to reset the game or go far back so they can change files or have both Lucia & Dante's modes in 1 save file. Then if I were Capcom I would give Trish her own mode & missions rather than make her play through Dante's & Lucia's mission(but to save time & resources just reuse elements from Dante's & Lucia's missions for Trish with some new content like her own story & a few new bosses). I would also tie Trish into the plot & show what she is doing during the events of DMC2 or write her in there while maintaining DMC2's original plot & storyline as much as possible. To even out(or go by 5's) I would add some few new extra missions for Dante & Lucia to make that 20 missions for Dante(rather than 18) & 15 for Lucia(rather than 13)....Trish....I don't know yet. However she should be unlocked once you beat both characters story on any mode once.

#2. Weaponry & Combos/Moveset

I would completely overhaul the entire weapon selection & choices like take out Vendetta & Merciless & give Dante real weapons(maybe some Devil Arms just 2 really not sure what to replace them with)...Ebony & Ivory and the Shotgun of course stays(but he has both guns at the beginning of the game or not?). I find the Submachine guns kinda worthless & noisy(just a faster version of E&I which functions can easily be incorporated into E&I) but I would keep the Rocket Launcher(why???). Despite being overpowered I would nerf it(like they did Pandora) to avoid making the game too easy but give it some new functions & abilities(via Gunslinger Mode & extra basic mode actions). For Lucia since her weapons were so cool looking(unlike Dante's)...I would keep them but make them different from her standard Cutlasser so each weapon can have its own actions, combos, & entirely different moveset. Like those long blades function like Twin Swords(or kibas look it up) & that short yet big blade would have fist like properties functioning of a brass knuckle. As for her arsenal...the knifes stay but those long knives got to go but they can easily be incorporated into her standard ninja knives like gives its functions(I mean they're just like her knives but covers more range so one can easily give her knives an action that covers more range than its standard throwing). Then she just needs another arsenal weapon(shurikens or something or a dart/shuriken shooter that attaches to her arm is sweet) but I say keep the Cranky Bomb but give it some new actions & functions to make it great to use(I thought it was cool weapon) but change its shape & form & make it more than just a bomb make it a multipurpose weapon(close to Pandora). Give her more moves as well but its going to be a challenge for Lucia for Dante they can easily recycle his moves from the other DMC games. As for Trish I didn't play her yet but from what I heard & seen on DMC wiki.....hmmm...tough one but I got an idea do what NT did for DmC using the trigger buttons to alter the shape & abilities of Sparda(like it having 3 forms...the standard form is its sword form, the LT mode is its scythe form, & RT is an axe or spear mode & switching modes even mid combo can change up the combo or overall attack) or just do the standard DMC weapon cycle method but Sparda due to being the strongest Devil Arm in the series have like 3 forms. She has her standard Luce & Ombra, Nightmare-y should be used on land as well(or just take out undersea based missions), & her Lightning Arrows/Bolts/Bullets(whatever)....not sure how she played before but this can work out....for now. Everyone should have like 50-100 moves(with Dante having the most & Trish having the least)

#3. Obtaining Weapons & Upgrades

For the weapons in the missions(story) lets just say I feel that all weapons should be found via story-like cutscene(DMC4 style) even the guns. Like Dante's 2 other Devil Arms should be obtained from killing a certain boss like DMC3 or after like DMC4 to create an awesome cutscene.....but better question which bosses(just 2 most likely). He should have E&I & Shotgun at the beginning by default. His Rocket Launcher should be given to him(I'll reveal that in later in story). Lucia's weapons should be Devil Arms as well even Cutlaseer passed down in Vie de Marli. She obtains her other Devil Arms in a manner like DMC3(but what bosses?) or DCM4. She gets another arsenal type weapon from her grandmother after Arius's goons bombs her house. The Cranky Bomb???? Beats me...oh how about in a mission(or cutscene) she can't advance but finds it & uses it to open up a opening or just finds them in a cutscene after achieving something post mission. Trish(she might have less missions than Lucia so need to find another Devil Arm outside Sparda). She has her guns & lightning at the beginning but gets Nightmare-y later via cutscene or given to her by someone. As for the Devil Hearts....I say remove them....well remove the Elemental & Offensive/Healing Hearts(not sure about the ChronoHeart)....but it can be used to replace DarkSlayer Style(from DMC4) since Dante doesn't have Yamato anymore so like a QuickSilver Style...while Lucia gets Doppleganger Style....so then remove all the Hearts & replace some of them with 1-2 found upgrades or through boss fights(like DCM3 with Doppleganger & Geryon). Dante should be able to fly at the beginning & Lucia has the speed but the 2 pick up those upgrades they lack in some way.

#4. Style System

Yeah bring back DMC4's style system of switching but I think Lucia should have access to the style system but they have different names & different yet similar functions & abilities. Dante has usual has his Gunslinger, SwordMaster, RoyalGuard, & Trickster Style with an extra QuickSilver Style while Lucia has a style that improves her arsenal throwing skills, martial arts & melee combat skills(not sword or large weapon skills like Dante), a style that supports her acrobatic movements but in a different light than how Dante's Trickster Style gives him dashing & teleporting, & something that parallels Royal Guard but is different with the extra Doppleganger Style. So then that way Lucia & Dante can stand out while being both equally fun to play as. As for Trish......I got nothing.....You guys got anything...all I got is nothing or just mimics Dante styles.

#5. Lock-On

I would add a better lock-on system or just return the old DMC Lock-on system & take out this auto-lock nonsense(its not a bad idea but its best to go with the method that works for DMC). Can adjust lock-on settings.

#6. Stage Design & Environments

I say the stage design & environments should remain the same with some changes to stage design & concept to make it a slightly new experience(like adding in new challenges or puzzles). I think DMC2's free world environments kinda more fun than DMC1,3, & 4 basic follow this stage in a straight line. By free world I mean being able to jump from building to buildings & the amount of wide space each locations has for exploration(it felt like I was playing Prototype or Assassin's Creed)...no in fact I would expand that idea. However the thing that held this back in DMC2 was the POOR-ASS CAMERA ANGLING.

#7. The Camera

This was DMC2's biggest issue the stiff as hell & very poor camera angle & camera in general. I could go on forever on how it sucks but I can easily tell you how to fix. Firstly, I would give players the option to MOVE OR CONTROL THE DAMN CAMERA........with the right analog stick like any other normal game or when your locked-on to a target at least shift focus to the target. Make it more like DMC4's camera & camera control & can zoom in & zoom out(but not too far or too close). Can even adjust camera settings.

#8. Secret Rooms or Secret Missions. Is That the Question??

What do you guys think Secret Missions or Secret Rooms? If Secret Missions each character can have their special mission. However...:/I kinda find those secret missions a pain in the ass(well maybe not DMC1 but 3 was annoying but an absolute pain playing as Vergil & 4 was SUPER F**KIN ANNOYING!!!). If Secret Rooms I say we can improve it by making them come in more sets rather than 2 sets of enemies or make it more challenging no wait it was fine the Secret Rooms were annoying because they weren't properly organized if I found one & I was at level 2 I could miss one but the next one would be level 3. I think if I missed one the next one should be the level after the it for me to know I missed one & plus those were hard to find....they should have some secret mission indicator like DMC3 & DMC4. What do you guys think?

#9. The Enemy(A.I., Design, & Difficulty)

The problem with DMC2 enemies was that even though on Normal Mode...I felt like I was playing on Easy Mode(same for Bosses but its different for them). Just like how DMC3's Normal Mode was Hard Mode so they made a Special Edition that easied up on the difficulty they can make the difficulty harder. Making the A.I. much more smarter & tricky or at least not so simple minded. Trust me I played Bloody Palace Mode those enemies on high levels have shown they're formidable foes or maybe that's because there was so many of them. Make them harder too by removing the whole seeing the enemy health bar plus some enemies had very freaking low health that using guns killed them in a second(give them more stamina & health can fix this) plus increase their durability I mean guns was able to slow them down or just immobilize them so yeah. Also change up their design a bit to make them more fresh looking & new or well modernized(somewhat like DMC4 or how DmC have enemies that mimic old enemies from DMC game. Also introduce a few new enemies while they're at it & due to Capcom's current technology give them better & more moves & make them more fierce & menacing/cool(like DMC4 enemies). Improve their attack abilities & patterns so they're not so predictable.

#10. Story & Characters

I'll get to story later(probably in another thread or its own thread) but as for story it needs great improvement(for starters more dialogue, more cutscenes, & more connections to other DMC games). Now for characters I know this game could use some DMC4 story flare & have a large variety of characters by that I mean include more characters than the original story but all the while maintain its original story without changing it too much. In other words "change the flow not the course". As for characters Trish should be included in the story even if she is doing her own thing, a lot of references to past characters & the previous games, more human based interactions, more dialogue to clear some stuff up, Lady should be in & have a minor role(but still bigger than her role in DMC4)....in fact she should be the one that gives Dante & Trish they're last gun weapon. Like she found Nightmare-y in some old ruins & gave it to Trish to help her aid her & creates a super powerful Rocket Launcher for Dante. Might as well thrown in some new characters who are ultimately irrelevant to overall plot but for like 1 purpose but is still there to add some variety to the cast. Explain why Lucia & Matier are the only people there on that island or at least make the attempt to show some or few civilian or villager based characters living there. Some more backstory & background would be nice. Ohh a funny Trish & Lady interaction or a Lady-Dante-Trish interaction, a Trish & Lucia interaction(even for 1 scene would be nice), & more cinematic cutscenes & epic moments like at the near end & end but found in middle parts of the story so as the story progresses it gets more epic not just suddenly gets interesting at the climax....As I said before I'll deal with story in a later thread & as for bosses.....I'll deal with that probably in this thread if this thread gets over 2 pages

Furthermore(yeah there is more).

#11. Modes

Outside the missions which are now Easy Mode(with DMC2 normal mode difficulty), Normal Mode, Hard Mode, (Dante) Must Die Mode, Heaven or Hell Mode, & Hell Mode & Bloody Palace (which should be redesign to have a familiar aesthetic of that of DMC3 or DMC4 & include bosses in Bloody Palace Mode....well I think that is optional but hey what the fans thinks?) they should include for the first time Boss Battle Mode & Boss Survival Mode in which you can fight any boss using character. Can easily switch between character modes(even Trish) on the main menu via Trigger buttons(reminder each character has their own missions). Then you have the Theater, Rankings, & the other standard stuff.

#12. Music

I like DMC2's music the most don't know why others hate it or dislike it just because their isn't enough metal or it isn't Gothic enough or had any lyrics but to me it was unique & was pretty epic songs to play during battles & boss battles & there was so much variation or soundtracks too....but all that aside I guess they can to save time & resource they can recycle most of the soundtrack & edit & remix them to make them more metal, gothic, & more modern by this times video game OSTs(hell resorting to adding dubstep elements or method of editing the music or using computer editing). Then add in some new tracks & alter some or few old tracks so they can include vocals & have a couple new songs by using English & Japanese artists & bands. Heck even change the opening & use a new song/theme. Even change the ending theme or add vocals in it & alter it(on a side note all characters should have their own ending theme & end credits too).

#13. The Graphics & FPS

This game should run with the MT Frameworks 2.0 thus they can create much better & create possibly even more faster, responsive, & fluid action. Even the in-game(or during gameplay) graphics should look great & reflect on the story cutscenes like how DmC & other UE3 games does it...but make them look very great & the graphics be like this
FFv13-Graphics-Compare_2.jpg

Either or

#14. Style Ranking System

I thought using DmC's ranking system of it staying there only if you get hit but hey who cares lets keep it like standard DMC style ranking system. Also the speeding up when it reaches a certain rank(S) could work but it really doesn't need it...you think...it'll be cool. Most importantly I would use new words or phrases never used in past DMC games(even DmC) like Dashing, Cunning, Badass, Amazing, Showtime(if using DmC's stylish system it would speed up here by Dante yelling "Its Showtime!!", Trish saying "Jackpot" & Lucia....some random phrase), SSexy(something for the girls & Dante is sexy too......no homo), & SSStylish(can never have a DMC game without it).

#15. Costumes

The Super Costumes gotta make a comeback. As well as the other DMC2 costumes(them deisel costumes & etc) should be unlockable & Trish should have a few costumes. Any other extra costumes would probably end up being DLC.....just saying DLC is the new hit thing with Video Game Companies these days. As for the costumes they should be noticeable in story cutscenes like how DMC1 & DMC2 did it but even so in

Finally...this may be a bit odd but a Nero mode(I'm just saying this personally based on Capcom's past business actions & being totally fair & logical & I'm just saying...hey its Capcom).
fbz_11346e5d48f8db10d1b3869b5e023483.jpg

DLC...yup a Nero DLC mode or just gets Nero as a playable character...his overall role in the game....can/will he have his own story....that can be discussed...Now just saying its Capcom.:/

Sorry for making it so long your all free to discuss about anything even stuff I missed out like control scheme, the bosses, & etc.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Maybe an elemental style for lucia or trish playing on their ice or lightning abilities.
*Scofff* huh thank you for at least posting...its been almost 24 hours since I posted this thread & it only gets 1 post but I guess it being in the DMC2 section has something to do with it.

Anyway......I'm trying to avoid elemental advantages & disadvantages (so that we won't have the same issue of DMC3....I mean DMC1 was more about survival while DMC has turned into a series that is about stylish action......& what the heck am I saying......hell yeah that sounds pretty interesting).

Okay I got some names down.

Lucia's Styles(Acrobat Style=Trickster Style, Combat Master Style=Sword Master Style, Bayonet Style=Gunslinger Style, & Ice Queen Style=Royal Guard Style).....should she have like a gauge for one of her styles like how Dante has a Royal Gauge.

As for Trish.....I still got nothing......but hey why not (Blitz Style=Trickster, Executioner Style=Sword Master, Sharp Shooter Style=Gunslinger, & Electro Diva Style=Royal Guard)......same ending sentence for Lucia.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
*Scofff* huh thank you for at least posting...its been almost 24 hours since I posted this thread & it only gets 1 post but I guess it being in the DMC2 section has something to do with it.

Anyway......I'm trying to avoid elemental advantages & disadvantages (so that we won't have the same issue of DMC3....I mean DMC1 was more about survival while DMC has turned into a series that is about stylish action......& what the heck am I saying......hell yeah that sounds pretty interesting).

Okay I got some names down.

Lucia's Styles(Acrobat Style=Trickster Style, Combat Master Style=Sword Master Style, Bayonet Style=Gunslinger Style, & Ice Queen Style=Royal Guard Style).....should she have like a gauge for one of her styles like how Dante has a Royal Gauge.

As for Trish.....I still got nothing......but hey why not (Blitz Style=Trickster, Executioner Style=Sword Master, Sharp Shooter Style=Gunslinger, & Electro Diva Style=Royal Guard)......same ending sentence for Lucia.

To be fair, DMC is about stylish action.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I did but i cant remember the bosses so i was thinking to start the story first and figure out the bosses from there.
Well I remember the bosses.....why not just look them up on the DMC wiki.

The bosses were(in order)

Dante's bosses: Orangguerra(a giant gorilla), Jokatgulm(a giant blue jellyfish, snake, octopi demon hybrid and female like Echinda from DMC4), Infestant Helicopter(a war helicopter possessed by a bug demon called an Infestant), Nefasturris(a huge mummy that forms from the buildings or some huge tower and has lightning and mummy based abillities but after defeating its first form it becomes the Nefascapitas.....a decapitated head), Furiataurus(as you can tell fiery taurus or a fiery Minotaur that wields a giant hammer), Noctpterean(a giant moth that has pixy dust...no not joking), Bolverk(a ghost skeletal like demon that wields a large sword like spear that can extend and fights with his 2 demon wolfs companions Freki & Geki), Tartarussian(a 2 headed cage and iron encased demon with 2 giant chain balls for hands), Arius(the main villian, a rich billionaire, owns a large international corporation called Uroboros, and a human sorcerer that can summon other demons to fight you), Phantom(that giant lava spider from DMC1), Bolverk again(since he fought Sparda he is automatically more important that all bosses that aren't the main villains), Trismagia(a 3 faced floated head that can split into 3 different heads...each head has a certain color in which each color represent a certain element of either fire(red), ice(white), and lightning(blue) and if they combine to their original yellowish orange 3 faced form they pull off a 3 elemental attack that is impossible to dodge), Arius again(only this time he has his Secretaries come fight you as well and they have boss like stamina and its like fighting a watered down Lucia), and for the final boss you fight Argosax the Chaos(its literally almost every boss you fought which are Orangguerra, Jokatgulm, Nefasturris, Noctpterean, Furiataurus, Phantom, and for some unknown reason Griffon, that lightning bird from DMC1, jumbled up into one big body or collage of demons) and its final form and true form The Despair Embodied(a Satan-like looking demon which has a human shaped body composed off fire mixed with light and lack all facial features but has horns and a long tail and uses its huge wings as a weapon and can use its not physical body composed of well fiery plasma to shape its parts into any weapon like turn its arms into a sword and can apparently change its sex at anytime).

Lucia's bosses: Plutonian(its pretty much Tartarussian and no difference whatsoever only a color swap and has less abilities), Jokatgulm(Lucia fought it before Dante did so it seemed it retreated and later appeared again for Dante to fight and kill it), Oranguerra(but he mainly counts as a mini-boss since didn't get a proper introduction and has less abilities than when Dante fights), Noctpterean(apparently more of these exists even if Lucia killed one before Dante did), Tateobesu(I have no idea what this thing is but its a underwater demon that looks like a giant flounder, as stated you fight it underwater and it can turn invisible so its already annoying by those facts), Tartarussian(she pretty much knocked it out and then Dante appeared at the same place she was and fought it finishing it off), Arius(just like when you fight him the first time as Dante), Phantom(its unknown who got to him first but it appears he reappears as a guardian to the demon world), Trismagia(yeah its unknown whop really killed him but when Lucia finished him off he looked like he died...I forgot how it went down with Dante but I'm safely betting Lucia killed him), and for the final boss Possessed Arius(Arius but only possessed by Argosax after Dante shot him from the top floor of the building and he lacks all of regular Arius movesets but when he became possessed he absorbed a piece of the tower that was once Nefasturris and gained its lightning abilities and more), and for his final form Arius-Argosax(a giant grotesque monster, almost Resident Evil status, that......is very easy to beat and does almost nothing outside sprays toxic gas but I only beat the game on Normal Mode maybe he actually puts up a slight challenge in Hard Mode and LMD/DMD mode).

Oranguerra does reappear as a mini-boss in a Dante mission and Freki & Geki does the same as well as the Infestant takes over tanks and smaller helicopters to pose as mini-boss for one of Dante and Lucia's missions.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I remember the bosses.....why not just look them up on the DMC wiki.

The bosses were(in order)

Dante's bosses: Orangguerra(a giant gorilla), Jokatgulm(a giant blue jellyfish, snake, octopi demon hybrid and female like Echinda from DMC4), Infestant Helicopter(a war helicopter possessed by a bug demon called an Infestant), Nefasturris(a huge mummy that forms from the buildings or some huge tower and has lightning and mummy based abillities but after defeating its first form it becomes the Nefascapitas.....a decapitated head), Furiataurus(as you can tell fiery taurus or a fiery Minotaur that wields a giant hammer), Noctpterean(a giant moth that has pixy dust...no not joking), Bolverk(a ghost skeletal like demon that wields a large sword like spear that can extend and fights with his 2 demon wolfs companions Freki & Geki), Tartarussian(a 2 headed cage and iron encased demon with 2 giant chain balls for hands), Arius(the main villian, a rich billionaire, owns a large international corporation called Uroboros, and a human sorcerer that can summon other demons to fight you), Phantom(that giant lava spider from DMC1), Bolverk again(since he fought Sparda he is automatically more important that all bosses that aren't the main villains), Trismagia(a 3 faced floated head that can split into 3 different heads...each head has a certain color in which each color represent a certain element of either fire(red), ice(white), and lightning(blue) and if they combine to their original yellowish orange 3 faced form they pull off a 3 elemental attack that is impossible to dodge), Arius again(only this time he has his Secretaries come fight you as well and they have boss like stamina and its like fighting a watered down Lucia), and for the final boss you fight Argosax the Chaos(its literally almost every boss you fought which are Orangguerra, Jokatgulm, Nefasturris, Noctpterean, Furiataurus, Phantom, and for some unknown reason Griffon, that lightning bird from DMC1, jumbled up into one big body or collage of demons) and its final form and true form The Despair Embodied(a Satan-like looking demon which has a human shaped body composed off fire mixed with light and lack all facial features but has horns and a long tail and uses its huge wings as a weapon and can use its not physical body composed of well fiery plasma to shape its parts into any weapon like turn its arms into a sword and can apparently change its sex at anytime).

Lucia's bosses: Plutonian(its pretty much Tartarussian and no difference whatsoever only a color swap and has less abilities), Jokatgulm(Lucia fought it before Dante did so it seemed it retreated and later appeared again for Dante to fight and kill it), Oranguerra(but he mainly counts as a mini-boss since didn't get a proper introduction and has less abilities than when Dante fights), Noctpterean(apparently more of these exists even if Lucia killed one before Dante did), Tateobesu(I have no idea what this thing is but its a underwater demon that looks like a giant flounder, as stated you fight it underwater and it can turn invisible so its already annoying by those facts), Tartarussian(she pretty much knocked it out and then Dante appeared at the same place she was and fought it finishing it off), Arius(just like when you fight him the first time as Dante), Phantom(its unknown who got to him first but it appears he reappears as a guardian to the demon world), Trismagia(yeah its unknown whop really killed him but when Lucia finished him off he looked like he died...I forgot how it went down with Dante but I'm safely betting Lucia killed him), and for the final boss Possessed Arius(Arius but only possessed by Argosax after Dante shot him from the top floor of the building and he lacks all of regular Arius movesets but when he became possessed he absorbed a piece of the tower that was once Nefasturris and gained its lightning abilities and more), and for his final form Arius-Argosax(a giant grotesque monster, almost Resident Evil status, that......is very easy to beat and does almost nothing outside sprays toxic gas but I only beat the game on Normal Mode maybe he actually puts up a slight challenge in Hard Mode and LMD/DMD mode).

Oranguerra does reappear as a mini-boss in a Dante mission and Freki & Geki does the same as well as the Infestant takes over tanks and smaller helicopters to pose as mini-boss for one of Dante and Lucia's missions.

I would probably give Bolverk and argosax a bigger role

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I would probably give Bolverk and argosax a bigger role
Bolverk yes....Argosax....I would explain more about it and what the hell is it...I would explore the fact that he was the demon emperor after Mundus was defeated by Sparda).

Perhaps Bolverk was a demon was able to slip into the human world in pursuit of Sparda so he can face him and defeat him since he defeated the demon emperor and found him to be a worthy opponent and an interesting flashback revealing a moment when Sparda defeated him in the past.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Bolverk yes....Argosax....I would explain more about it and what the hell is it...I would explore the fact that he was the demon emperor after Mundus was defeated by Sparda).

Perhaps Bolverk was a demon was able to slip into the human world in pursuit of Sparda so he can face him and defeat him since he defeated the demon emperor and found him to be a worthy opponent and an interesting flashback revealing a moment when Sparda defeated him in the past.

I'd set him or mundus up as the 7 princes of hell.

Other than that, I would definitely do more with DuMary Island as a culture and explore both the human and demon communities to see how they are affected by Arius's scheming.That's fodder for side stories with Trish or other DMC characters to have.

most of the bosses are probably his unwilling expirements, demons or animals expiremented on by arius given them a sad feel.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'd set him or mundus up as the 7 princes of hell.

Other than that, I would definitely do more with DuMary Island as a culture and explore both the human and demon communities to see how they are affected by Arius's scheming.That's fodder for side stories with Trish or other DMC characters to have.

most of the bosses are probably his unwilling expirements, demons or animals expiremented on by arius given them a sad feel.
I do remember in DMC3 Vergil referred to Mundus as the prince of darkness....so a 7 princes of hell idea doesn't sound so bad.

Yeah I always thought that when Granny said that Arius turned Dumary Island into a demon paradise she meant the demons drove the humans out, killed them all, and/or drove them to an remote corner of the island. I actually find this as a great opportunity to tell a tell about role reversal....

In the past Dumary Island, demons were constantly hunted down by the islands' guardians right....so the demons lived in exile or prejudice and were as you say "hunted and killed with extreme prejudice" since they were demons...this must've happened after Sparda defeated and sealed Argosax....that was when demons went from being the great forces of darkness that plagued the island to the Vie de Marli's.....well....their b*tches....you get it. Before they were worshiped as gods by the local heretics of the island but after Sparda came in and dethroned their leader they were the Vie de Marli's prey. Now that the Vie de Marli is almost gone and Arius has brought the island back to their rule....its role reversal...and I think it would be best to focus on that concept through the demon's eyes or perspective.

Like in some boss battles(perhaps Oranguerra, Jokatgulm, Furiataurus, & Trismagia) the demons talk about getting their revenge on the humans for the treatment they had to endure for those years, blaming the traitor Sparda for taking away their paradise and taking that rage on Dante, showing Arius gratitude(by killing Dante) for returning things to the way they were supposed to be, Dante is a bastard...yada yada yada, and other stuff.....can't think of none right now.

For Lucia's story the demons brings up the fact that Lucia is a Vie de Marli and in one occasions brings up the"your just like us" hint before Lucia learns that she is a creation of Arius and one demon boss brings up "Why fight Arius, your father? Your just like the rest of us, a demon. You think you can protect mankind from your kind, a demon? You'll never be a Vie de Marli. Your just like me, a demon, and you too will turn on mankind and soon enough even Dante will hunt you down. Don't you see Arius he plans to create a world for us demons, a world where we are no longer hunted down like dogs....a world for you...so why do you still insist on going against him?!"

For Trish's story, it adds more background to the island, Uroboros, and Argosax as well as the demon bosses.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I do remember in DMC3 Vergil referred to Mundus as the prince of darkness....so a 7 princes of hell idea doesn't sound so bad.

Yeah I always thought that when Granny said that Arius turned Dumary Island into a demon paradise she meant the demons drove the humans out, killed them all, and/or drove them to an remote corner of the island. I actually find this as a great opportunity to tell a tell about role reversal....

In the past Dumary Island, demons were constantly hunted down by the islands' guardians right....so the demons lived in exile or prejudice and were as you say "hunted and killed with extreme prejudice" since they were demons...this must've happened after Sparda defeated and sealed Argosax....that was when demons went from being the great forces of darkness that plagued the island to the Vie de Marli's.....well....their b*tches....you get it. Before they were worshiped as gods by the local heretics of the island but after Sparda came in and dethroned their leader they were the Vie de Marli's prey. Now that the Vie de Marli is almost gone and Arius has brought the island back to their rule....its role reversal...and I think it would be best to focus on that concept through the demon's eyes or perspective.

Like in some boss battles(perhaps Oranguerra, Jokatgulm, Furiataurus, & Trismagia) the demons talk about getting their revenge on the humans for the treatment they had to endure for those years, blaming the traitor Sparda for taking away their paradise and taking that rage on Dante, showing Arius gratitude(by killing Dante) for returning things to the way they were supposed to be, Dante is a *******...yada yada yada, and other stuff.....can't think of none right now.

For Lucia's story the demons brings up the fact that Lucia is a Vie de Marli and in one occasions brings up the"your just like us" hint before Lucia learns that she is a creation of Arius and one demon boss brings up "Why fight Arius, your father? Your just like the rest of us, a demon. You think you can protect mankind from your kind, a demon? You'll never be a Vie de Marli. Your just like me, a demon, and you too will turn on mankind and soon enough even Dante will hunt you down. Don't you see Arius he plans to create a world for us demons, a world where we are no longer hunted down like dogs....a world for you...so why do you still insist on going against him?!"

For Trish's story, it adds more background to the island, Uroboros, and Argosax as well as the demon bosses.

That's some good stuff. I was thinking of making the source material of Lucia a bigger deal than she was in the game. Have her be a boss and all.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's some good stuff. I was thinking of making the source material of Lucia a bigger deal than she was in the game. Have her be a boss and all.
Perhaps when she attacks Dante after Dante defeated Arius that transpires into a boss battle on both sides(Dante VS Lucia/Lucia VS Dante).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I meant more of bringing in the person who Lucia was cloned from and giving her a bigger role.
I just thought that Lucia was made from random thought or if your refering to her name/number rank as "Chi" so you mean she should fight the "Alpha" Lucia.....oh while your at it maybe she should fight the "Omega" Lucia...since DMC2 took a reference from the beginning and the Bible does bring up the "Alpha & the Omega" concept...the beginning and the end.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I just thought that Lucia was made from random thought or if your refering to her name/number rank as "Chi" so you mean she should fight the "Alpha" Lucia.....oh while your at it maybe she should fight the "Omega" Lucia...since DMC2 took a reference from the beginning and the Bible does bring up the "Alpha & the Omega" concept...the beginning and the end.

I'm refering to the person she was cloned from as in similar to how Trish was made in the image of EVA, Arius used someone as the source material for Lucia and the other secretaries.

There is story material to be mind there.

Top Bottom