• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mundus

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here is what i think.

Prince:
Argosax was the King of Hell.
Mundus was his son and he quickly grew more powerful and then overthrowed Argosax to become King.

Not Prince:
Argosax was the King of Hell.
Mundus was born and he rose to power quickly eventually overthrowing Argosax.

Don't know if that helps.

That actually does kinda help. Both theories are plausible. It would also explain why Argosax was so weak compared to Mundus. Mundus ruled because he was obviously the superior demon.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
That actually does kinda help. Both theories are plausible. It would also explain why Argosax was so weak compared to Mundus. Mundus ruled because he was obviously the superior demon.
I agree.
Though i think Argosax was much weaker then he orginally was when Dante fought him since he had been sealed away for so long, same goes for Mundus.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I agree.
Though i think Argosax was much weaker then he orginally was when Dante fought him since he had been sealed away for so long, same goes for Mundus.

And Argosax also turned into the Despair Embodied, which is the opposite of Arkham's transformation from Sparda to big blue clusterf*ck blob. In the DMC universe, blob generally means an inability to use power effectively. Argosax changing into the Despair Embodied showed he was done f*cking around.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
And Argosax also turned into the Despair Embodied, which is the opposite of Arkham's transformation from Sparda to big blue clusterf*ck blob. In the DMC universe, blob generally means an inability to use power effectively. Argosax changing into the Despair Embodied showed he was done f*cking around.
I think The Despair Embodied is Argosax's true form.
I really doubt that Argosax was a blob his whole life.
But i agree with what you said. XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think The Despair Embodied is Argosax's true form.
I really doubt that Argosax was a blob his whole life.
But i agree with what you said. XD

Of course, Argosax could have actually been stronger than Mundus too. At that point in time, with Dante being 30-40, he would have been much more powerful and had much more experience. Perhaps all of DMC2 was so easy because Dante was so strong.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Of course, Argosax could have actually been stronger than Mundus too. At that point in time, with Dante being 30-40, he would have been much more powerful and had much more experience. Perhaps all of DMC2 was so easy because Dante was so strong.
Perhaps.
I will admit that i find Argosax harder then Mundus, even in DMD mode.
Don't know if that makes me a bad player, but i find that Argosax is at first frustrating (ATC), then totaly bad ass! (TDE)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Perhaps.
I will admit that i find Argosax harder then Mundus, even in DMD mode.
Don't know if that makes me a bad player, but i find that Argosax is at first frustrating (ATC), then totaly bad ass! (TDE)

Honestly I found him pretty hard too. Though there are a few spots you can stand that cheat his AI into thinking you're in his line of fire when you aren't.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Honestly I found him pretty hard too. Though there are a few spots you can stand that cheat his AI into thinking you're in his line of fire when you aren't.
Really he was more frustrating in his first form then hard.
But like you said, TDE was his way of saying "I ain't ****ing around no more!"

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Oh and i just remembered something....
I think there are 6 or 7 lesser Kings (Princes?) of Hell that rule different parts of it.
Baal and Belphegor are two of them i think, but Mundus is the main king or emperor.

So basically:
Argosax - Emperor of Hell before Mundus.
Mundus - Emperor of Hell after overthrowing Argosax.
Baal & Belphegor - Two of the Princes of Hell.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black

So lemme get this straight... Argosax the Chaos was the King of the Underworld and Mundus was the Prince? How the crap does that work? Assuming that Mundus was born into princehood, I mean.

Actually I think the DMC 1 manual stated that a demon was born and quickly rose to power, toppling the devil king or something like that.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Ah, so Mundus was of a different lineage. Okay.
Demon royalty is determined by who is the strongest, not by lineage from the looks of things.
That actually makes good sense.

Argosax was the most powerful demon until Mundus came along and overthrowed him.
Then Mundus put 6 other demons in charge of the different parts of the Demon World.
(Assuming i am right about that)
When Mundus was defeated the first time, demons began fighting to become on top.
Same goes for the second time.

And so we reach the end of the shrubbery maze!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You'd think in technical terms, if strength and power defined who ruled in Hell, that Sparda would be the Emperor of the Underworld. If Sparda was supposed top dog, he'd be able to command his legions and stop them from attacking the human World. Only problem in that respect is those who would still oppose Sparda. And if Sparda took charge of the Underworld and stopped fighting altogether, his experience would not of been as great and therefore he would of been weaker if a rebellious assault to overthrow him took place.

Top Bottom