• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mission ranks: too easy?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They actually use the Lures to surround and flank you, rendering you vulnerable for the ambush attacks they initiate after you are helpless. It's a two-stage attack which takes advantage of the players desire to acquire additional Red Orbs, just as an Angler Fish abuses a deep-sea fish's desire to find light.

Do you even CERAYZAY?

So...it yells, shoots ice, and freezes you for a few seconds...cute.

Not sure which monster you're referring to, but one of DMC2's better elements was the monster design which did, on the whole, resemble actual demons from Pagan mythology.

dmc2dantesword.jpg

I meant Furiataurus from DMC2.
180px-Furiataurus.jpg

...Credo is an Iaijutsu practitioner who doesn't use a shield, fly or use lancing attacks? My goodness.

Credo's attack style, the fact he throws lances to the similar fashion of Vergil and most of his attacks can easily resemble Vergil's, is obviously a nod to Vergil himself. God, I mean they both are voiced by the same guy.

Demon.jpg

First example of "Demon" on Google Image search. Notice: Horns, Muscular Physique, Hellfire. Ergo Berial...

...mind you, notice: Pasty complexion, derpy look on his face. Ergo The Hunter.

I think we have a compromise.

Like I said, at least the hunter looked like a demon.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
So...it yells, shoots ice, and freezes you for a few seconds...cute.

...no, it flanks, traps and ambushes you as well. Can...can you read?

Hell, the Hunter doesn't even bother stomping on you once it has you grappled. It's like he wants you to kill him...

I meant Furiataurus from DMC2.

Yeah, but I'm asking if that's a bad thing. If an element in a previous game worked, why not-...wait a minute, Furiataurus wasn't a centaur, and he was a quarter of Berial's size! What, they're the same because they have horns and are Fire Elementals!? They don't even fight in the same way!

Seriously though, why is similarity the previous elements so much of a problem? Even if Credo has certain elements of his character which resemble Vergil, that just makes hims similar to one of the most popular boss fights in the history of Devil May Cry. I can understand if you think that Vergin's Derpleganger looked better to you because that's a personal taste thing, but I don't see how Credo's similarities could be a significant problem.

Still, purely opinion thing, so it's cool.

Um yeah, ratings in DmC, uh too forgiving, locking them at S by collecting things is pretty dumb as the exploration dynamic is incredibly basic and it rewards repeated playthroughs more than skillful play, but it makes the casuals feel good about themselves so more power to them.

DragonMaster2010

...no, it flanks, traps and ambushes you as well. Can...can you read?

Hell, the Hunter doesn't even bother stomping on you once it has you grappled. It's like he wants you to kill him...

Again, it freezes you from attacking, and to that I say...cute.

Yeah, but I'm asking if that's a bad thing. If an element in a previous game worked, why not-...wait a minute, Furiataurus wasn't a centaur, and he was a quarter of Berial's size! What, they're the same because they have horns and are Fire Elementals!? They don't even fight in the same way!

Deny it all you want, but I know copy when I see one.

Seriously though, why is similarity the previous elements so much of a problem? Even if Credo has certain elements of his character which resemble Vergil, that just makes hims similar to one of the most popular boss fights in the history of Devil May Cry. I can understand if you think that Vergin's Derpleganger looked better to you because that's a personal taste thing, but I don't see how Credo's similarities could be a significant problem.

Where did I say it was a problem?:/

Still, purely opinion thing, so it's cool.

Um yeah, ratings in DmC, uh too forgiving, locking them at S by collecting things is pretty dumb as the exploration dynamic is incredibly basic and it rewards repeated playthroughs more than skillful play, but it makes the casuals feel good about themselves so more power to them.

EvilX-81

Come to think of it, how much did red orb collection net you on the previous stage for final rankings? The red orb hunting was honestly pure crap IMO.

Devil Player

It's easy to earn SSS in Human, Devil Hunter. However, I'm having some problems with missions on Nephilim mode...

I always manage to get SSS for secrets ( which I already collected) and points, but I always get SS for time. So, I keep having SS.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Again, it freezes you from attacking, and to that I say...cute.

Ensnaring the player is one of the most time-honoured enemy attack methods in videogame history.

Pong.png

this paddle is reflecting the puck back at me. cute.

I could understand being annoyed that Dagon is kind of a big dumb damage sponge, and that he fails to be as awesome as the Lovecraft short story he's named after, but that's not what you're referring to.

Where did I say it was a problem?:/

...and more intresting to me then the ass bosses of DMC4.
Here. You referred to Credo's similarities to Vergil as being part of this insightful analysis.

DragonMaster2010

Here. You referred to Credo's similarities to Vergil as being part of this insightful analysis.

So I called them ass bosses. That doesn't mean I have a problem with them to the point that I'm gonna go on a long rant about them. They were just ass to me. That's it.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Imma just contesting. I see DMC4's bosses as easily on par with the original in terms of providing a diverse challenge and varied visual appeal.

SuperDante007

I've just started playing through DMD mode after replying all the previous difficulties to make sure I get SSS for EVERY mission and after 4 levels on DMD you know what, I've gotten SSS on each one of them in one go... I honestly don't find it ANY harder than Nephilim mode in the slightest... I use DT sparingly... mostly just save it for those pesky Buzzsaws and when Witches or Rage pairs show up to kill them quick, otherwise not at all and it's not a great challenge. I don't think the enemie waves are harder than the previous difficulty. I may be proven wrong in the later levels but as it stands, it won't be long before I have that Super Dante costume :) Only 4 Trophies to go (5000 enemies, DMD, Heaven or Hell & Hell Or Hell mode to go)

Nessy

I've gotten SSS on each one of them in one go...

It's ridiculously easy, in fact the only challenge I am finding is doing the missions on DMD without getting hit once. I tried to pace out how much I played the game, but got the last of all the achievements early on Friday(HAH and 5000 kills), just 7 days after I got the game).

I have already done 7 levels on DMD with no damage, and it took me far longer to get that good at DMC4. It's annoying because I am not really one who enjoys the subjective style tournaments so much, so generally that's the end of the line for me.

Pogo

True, but old S wasn't exactly that hard against a lot of packs. The difficulty was caused more by the very quick combo timer.

Which is unfortunate since this game gives you more ways to close distance than any other DMC.

Kammosjuttu

... honestly. Amongst what kind of Gods have I ended up throwing myself?! Slowly but surely I am getting ****ed at it how people around here complain message after message about it how they find DmC too easy a game. But no, it's not easy. It's not. I enjoy the game, but compared to all the guys here, I am barely standing on my own two feet. Getting the trophies is tough. Unlocking the concept art is tough. Staying alive is tough. I feel like crap, being in the middle of perfect gamers with my average skills.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
... honestly. Amongst what kind of Gods have I ended up throwing myself?! Slowly but surely I am getting ****ed at it how people around here complain message after message about it how they find DmC too easy a game. But no, it's not easy. It's not. I enjoy the game, but compared to all the guys here, I am barely standing on my own two feet. Getting the trophies is tough. Unlocking the concept art is tough. Staying alive is tough. I feel like crap, being in the middle of perfect gamers with my average skills.

Is not always as easy as people on the internet make it seem to be, don't mind it. Like I said, is not some cakewalk even if easier than earlier DMCs.

vakarian23

DmC throws some enemy combinations at you that are indeed tricky, there's no denying that. Of course the game is not as easy as people make it out to be, the reason they call it easy in the first place probably is DMC3.
These two games really have a huge gap in terms of difficulty.

Nessy

DmC throws some enemy combinations at you that are indeed tricky, there's no denying that. Of course the game is not as easy as people make it out to be, the reason they call it easy in the first place probably is DMC3.

I'm comparing DmC with DMC4, which wasn't particularly hard anyway.

Kammosjuttu

Is not always as easy as people on the internet make it seem to be, don't mind it. Like I said, is not some cakewalk even if easier than earlier DMCs.

Yeah, I guess that you are right. Especially since usually the not-so-good players probably don't come around to inform how much they suck, thus leaving the masters to tell to each others how well they have done. I admit I was a tad moody yesterday when I wrote my complain, I don't usually get nettled over it that I am inferior to others at some things. So, I don't really mind, especially after hearing people to say "it's okay" just like you did. Thanks.

That's true; many a time it's the enemy combination thrown at you that leads to struggling. It's difficult if there are demons that each require a completely different weapon and approach. I often end up spamming some moves in tight situations in order to kill the enemy before my own health saps out and that really brings the style points down resulting in rankings like "B". With one mission that didn't have any blocked pathways I just raced past every enemy without hitting anyone and when I reached the finish line, I had gained zero stye points and my mission results were "0 points, ranking D". But of course, that was just experimenting and I have racked up the points after that.
But even if DmC isn't a cakewalk, I can agree on it, that I also find DMC3 more difficult (if based on my memory; it's been a little while since I last time played it). I wonder why did I get hooked in Devil May Cry series even though the skill level the games require isn't in sync with me... such a special series, haha.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I just played the first mission on Nephilim with the copy I borrowed from a friend and got an S ranking. And I got easily to SS during combat with just the basic moves you are handed.

I just hope things gets harder.

Top Bottom