• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metro Exodus

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ive heard good things about the Metro series and I do own Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light but havent played them yet, however it seems the sequel is cranking things up a notch again.

Metro Exodus Launches on February 22, 2019.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Ive heard good things about the Metro series and I do own Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light but havent played them yet, however it seems the sequel is cranking things up a notch again.

Metro Exodus Launches on February 22, 2019.

i know a lot of people who have metro games but haven't played it, and i always insist on them to go and play.. it's a really nice immersive game, gets into you, altho i gotta say the combat mechanic isn't that good, story and the setting was the main attraction..

Dark Drakan

Admin
i know a lot of people who have metro games but haven't played it, and i always insist on them to go and play.. it's a really nice immersive game, gets into you, altho i gotta say the combat mechanic isn't that good, story and the setting was the main attraction..

Checked my account and turns out I dont actually own it, could have sworn I got it on offer a while ago. I think they are now on offer on Xbox Live and I have a gift card so might use it to buy them both.

absolitude

Checked my account and turns out I dont actually own it, could have sworn I got it on offer a while ago. I think they are now on offer on Xbox Live and I have a gift card so might use it to buy them both.

With so many games on sales n possession that happens i suppose, you forgot what you own, lol. I recommend playing it on pc, tried it on my friend's 360, and it's inferior, dunno bout the current gen tho..

and do the original ones --not the redux, they say it's visually less darker and too clear.. seeing some screenshots, i think it's true..

but you might wanna check what is what

Dark Drakan

Admin
With so many games on sales n possession that happens i suppose, you forgot what you own, lol. I recommend playing it on pc, tried it on my friend's 360, and it's inferior, dunno bout the current gen tho..

and do the original ones --not the redux, they say it's visually less darker and too clear.. seeing some screenshots, i think it's true..

Yeah with Xbox One/360, PS4 and PC and with Origin, GoG, Humble Bundle and Steam I forget what I own on what service.

absolitude

Yeah with Xbox One/360, PS4 and PC and with Origin, GoG, Humble Bundle and Steam I forget what I own on what service.

.................................................................................................................................................................................... how'd you even live with all that?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I liked the reveal of Metro Exodus. It was a beautifully detailed first person shooter. The detail on the weapons are nothing short of incredible. And for the lightsource emitting from the other wrist to reflect on EVERY conceivable texture... that is incredible. You don't see it much in a lot of FPS'es. And I hope that I see more of that kind of detail. That attention to detail...

Dark Drakan

Admin
I liked the reveal of Metro Exodus. It was a beautifully detailed first person shooter. The detail on the weapons are nothing short of incredible. And for the lightsource emitting from the other wrist to reflect on EVERY conceivable texture... that is incredible. You don't see it much in a lot of FPS'es. And I hope that I see more of that kind of detail. That attention to detail...

I too am a sucker for developers who pay such attention to the little details in their games.

Dark Drakan

Admin

An update on this, just this second finished Metro 2033 Redux and really liked it. Shall move onto Last Light in the next couple of days as I purchased them both in the Steam Summer Sale.

absolitude

An update on this, just this second finished Metro 2033 Redux and really liked it. Shall move onto Last Light in the next couple of days as I purchased them both in the Steam Summer Sale.

mwahaha.. glad to hear that artyom, don't forget your filters and ammos.

i sure hope exodus won't disappoint

Dark Drakan

Admin
Metro Exodus is now exclusive to Epic Games store on PC
(until Feb 14th 2020)

Epic have managed to take another game from Steam & other store fronts (though temporarily) as the highly anticipated Metro Exodus will now release exclusively on the Epic Game store until Feb 2020.

Steam preorders will be honoured but it will soon be removed from sale on Steam until that time. Then the game will return to other store fronts on Feb 14th 2020.

It seems that the revenue split offered by Epic (88% to Steams 70%) is being preferred by Developers and in turn the price is being lowered to customers ($50 price down from $60 on Steam).​

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Metro Exodus is now exclusive to Epic Games store on PC
(until Feb 14th 2020)

Epic have managed to take another game from Steam & other store fronts (though temporarily) as the highly anticipated Metro Exodus will now release exclusively on the Epic Game store until Feb 2020.

Steam preorders will be honoured but it will soon be removed from sale on Steam until that time. Then the game will return to other store fronts on Feb 14th 2020.

It seems that the revenue split offered by Epic (88% to Steams 70%) is being preferred by Developers and in turn the price is being lowered to customers ($50 price down from $60 on Steam).​

Wow. I get the revenue thing but I fear the game night have a lot less exposure now. Steam has a huge customer base compared to Epic.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Wow. I get the revenue thing but I fear the game night have a lot less exposure now. Steam has a huge customer base compared to Epic.
Okay, so bear with me here. YES, Steam has a large customer base, but Steam has been prone to what's being coined as "review bomb" or "review bombing." This means, for whatever reason, a user can come onto the game's page, and put negative comments on the page. And I don't mean legitimate comments here, I'm talking about the fake reviews, fake comments ...hence "review bomb." This combined with SJW's? I'd want to be on a different platform.

It so happens that Epic Games has a large fanbase going back 20 years ago, to Fortnite. And what's the biggest game in the world? Fortnite. The biggest console game in the world is of course Call of Duty, but Fortnite is everywhere. Mobile, PC, Consoles. So, even if Fortnight declines or "dies," they still have millions upon billions of users on the Epic network. The only thing that you'd have to worry about is that Epic is owned by a Chinese conglomerate. At 40%, I doubt Tencent is going anywhere but to stay committed to the Juggernaut that is Epic.

Both companies are fighting over marketshare in the gaming space right now. Epic one-upped Steam by offering 30% royalties, as opposed to Steam's 10% royalties. What happened here with Exodus and other games is that they bought the exclusivity rights for a year or something to have a grip on the market. Exodus' hype is way too big for Epic to pass up. Thing is, last fall, Epic received $1.25 Billion dollars from several [major] VC firms, so they have money to burn.

Dark Drakan

Admin

Competition is good for customers and I like that Epic are allowing the developers a larger cut from sales. The game is also launching on console so I think its sales numbers will still be good,. They will of course take a hit releasing only on one marketplace platform on PC but overall I dont mind personally if it causes Steam to take notice.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Just checked the PC system requirements... They're ****ing nuts, what the hell.
What were you expecting them to do with the specs? The game looks absolutely amazing, so I hope this thing gets close to maxing out some of the more expensive rigs. I'm just gonna get it for PS4 and be happy with it.

I want more devs to do this kind of "attention to detail" love. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Just checked the PC system requirements... They're ****ing nuts, what the hell.

I thought they were rather inflated to say the least (my rig might handle medium settings between minimum and recommended).

For anyone interested
64622_6342_metro-exodus-pc-requirements-revealed.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What were you expecting them to do with the specs?

Ehm... Be reasonable with it? The minimum graphics card listed for a 1080p 30 FPS and low graphics settings experience is a GTX 1050 for God's sake, and for 60 FPS and high settings apparently you need a damn 1070 or RTX 2060 (!) with no less than 8 GB of VRAM to boot.

Like, holy ****. I can understand high requirements for high settings and resolution but the minimum specs sound damn exaggerated for a target as low as 30 FPS with low settings, and at this point part of me hopes it isn't because the game is badly optimized.
For comparison, Last Light, which also looked pretty damn good for its time, only had a measly GTS 250 as a minimum requirement.

This sounds bonkers to me.

Top Bottom