• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Message to Capcom.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Hey everyone, I'm sure you guys will agree that the gaming industry on a whole needs to change, it's not about us anymore. Things need to change and I think Capcoms as good a place as any to start.

So I'm trying to get as many people as I can that want change to get together and show companies we will not be manipulated any more. I'm asking everyone that agrees with this to post a short video saying how they feel and hopefully if we can get enough people behind this they will have to listen. It can be as anonymous or yourself recorded in any way you can whether it be webcam or even on a phone, please help support this and it may help us all.

If you want to help, please post your vid as a response to this link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj7CjYIaYFk

If you don't agree with this please just ignore it or don't comment, I'm not trying to be popular or start a flame war. I'm just trying to get the respect we deserve and get our voices heard. Thank you everyone.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Best way to get companies to change is to simply stop buying their products if you arent happy with them.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Best way to get companies to change is to simply stop buying their products if you arent happy with them.

Agreed, the reason we are being treated this way by companies like Capcom is because they know we aren't going to do anything about it. They assume we aren't strong enough to not buy the same game over and over because they wave a new slightly cooler character in front of us that wasn't in the original. They are treating us like drug addicts because we acting like drug addicts.

The only way we are ever going to make a change in the industry is through sacrifice and being strong as a whole gaming community. I am dying to play Assassins Creed Revelations but the way Ubisoft are going latley I am fully prepared to just simply not buy it, watch a playthrough or wait until I can buy it without the money going to them.
You want to make a change? You have to do the one thing you probably won't want to do, like don't buy Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, yes im sure Vergil is going to be one of the most kickass characters in the roster and super fun to play as but we are never going to make a change unless we start refusing to be sucked in by stuff like this. We need to make them realise that we have integrity and that they need us, we don't need them. We all have to realise that something needs to change and we have to stick together, stay strong and make personal sacrifices for the greater good.

A single person can't acomplish much but if you are a part of something bigger you can change things in ways you can't imagine. It's just really hard to not listen to that selfish voice in your head that says "f**k it I don't care it's not like they are even going to notice"

aka958

Don't trust people

This. =O

I buy their stuff because I want it and I don't buy their stuff because I don't want it. .-.
They don't really manipulate us as everything they publish isn't forced upon us.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This. =O
I buy their stuff because I want it and I don't buy their stuff because I don't want it. .-.
They don't really manipulate us as everything they publish isn't forced upon us.

Maybe not but when companies start to realise that no matter what people are going to purchase their products over the years they stop innovating. For example the CoD series ive been a fan since the start but after CoD 4 the series has just recycled itself year after year. They know people will continue to purchase it because its CoD so they just recycle old ideas and dont really push themselves to go that step further. They break records with sales every year yet more people seem to complain about them every year but still purchase them so why would the developers put in any more effort if people are going to buy them anyway?

If those people who complained every year simply purchased another product then the developers would have to take notice.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The gaming industry isn't about the gamers anymore. It's definitely about the money. Sega proved this when they Stopped Streets of Rage remake being released for free by another company (as it was no profit to Sega itself).
Where one person doesn't agree with the way a company works another will either agree or won't care.
It's always up to the individuals.
If companies don't care about the gaming public or the fans, they aren't going to listen to them.

Street fighter and Zelda... Two franchises that have been milked like the cash cows they are.
None more so than Street Fighter. What is there? Street Fighter 4, Super Street fighter 4 and isn't there rumors of an Ultimate(or is there)?

I only buy games if i want them or if they look good.
I'm buying Fable 2 Game of the Year edition because i can't download content from the internet, but I already have the main game. Companies milk games for all their worth and DLC also proves that.

I'm not disrespecting anyone and I do agree with you Spawn, but that's my opinion.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
This. =O

It isn't forced upon us but more and more we are being forced to pay for things we want, forgetting that a lot of these things we are paying for are things that should be included/free. And most people just sit there and take it because they are so hooked/desperate for they are bringing out. Only interested in getting what they want and paying anything to get hold of it. People say they don't like where the industry is going and want it to change but aren't willing to let go in order to make it happen.

I mean look at this
http://www.destructoid.com/japan-disaster-led-to-disc-only-release-of-ultimate-mvsc3-206639.phtml
I read that and was like "wth? Did I just turn 2 pages over at once?" How exactly does an earthquake and a tsunami throwing off your development schedule end with the sudden decision to exclude any possibility of DLC ever and force you to actually create further content just to pass it off as 'worth buying all over again'. We all know the reason why they aren't bothering with DLC, because just releasing it again will make them a hell of a lot more money.

aka958

Don't trust people
People are buying it. =O

Kinda all we need to know, don't'cha think?
If you complain about it, why do you buy that new copy still? -.-
I'd say to take Dark Drakans advice and complain by not participating in buying from them if it gets to people that much. .-.
I knew CoD was just recycled trash as soon as I saw Modern Warfare 2. I'm not buying it because I know that fact. I don't complain about it, kinda funnny seeing all those peeps buying the updated version for a hefty sum though.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Talk with your wallet, not a petition becuz they can simply delete a petition or pretend it never arrived. Money talks big time in this industry. Harness that. And the companies are forced to provide quality product. You buuy crap products, over time, companies make crap products because they know we'll buy it. Stop buying the crap stuff and it forces the companies to seriously rethink the quality of their products.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
That's the point I'm trying to make, this isn't a petition, it's a boycott. What a lot of you are failing to understand is it's not just a case of crap products anymore, companies have been doing that for years. It's the point of you give them an inch and they take a f***ing mile. Because people have supported their re-hashes they've started doing it with more of their franchises, because people bought overpriced DLC they've started purposely holding back things that should be in game so they can charge you for it or even release a re-hashed version with it included, let me remind you of the pitiful mess that is MvC3 I haven't played it online but I've heard bad things and when they've had all the time with SF and it's versions to sort out online that's not acceptable and I don't even need to tell you how "fun" that game is offline. Oh but that's ok rather than sort these problems in a patch like other companies, they'll release a new version in a few months. Now they're not even giving the option to upgrade your old copy of MvC3 to the Ultimate because of the disaster in Japan.....Bull$hit and their using the tragic death of hundreds to make money, no they're not trying to manipulate you.

Oh and while we're on the subject of MvC3 let me remind you that Frank West was supposed to be in the "Vanilla" version, but they took him out at the last moment because "we thought about it and we just can't put him in the game, his moveset is too hard to pull off" well guess who's in the new version.

Check out the recent Megaman fiasco, look at the state of Resident Evil and I'm sure I don't need to remind you of what happened with DmC. Yet people continue to give money to them because, oh it has a character I like. It won't be long before they try and sell a game based on a single char being added, oh wait they already have done that with DR2: Off The Record.

I know full well that the only way they're gonna listen is if everyone stops spending their money, but they don't. How bad will it have to get before people realize they need to stop giving these companies their money? Then you get "gamers" that support everything a company does and flames other gamers over their concerns. Modern fans care more about the companies that milk them than the community of gamers they belong to which is a joke.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The fact some game companies are complaining about the 2nd hand games industry destroying their ability to make money says as much about the way things are going as well. If one company managed to set the precedent and start something that means all games will be coded and can't be replayed by 2nd hand users, then others will jump on the bandwagon (this is already the case with PC games and DLC). This is different from the idea of downloading and piracy and how it harms companies. The (console) games industry never had a problem with 2nd hand games before. The new business mindset is to do as little work as possible for each release for as little money as possible and close any gaps where people might think of getting a game for cheap or for free.

This tells me that not everyone is going out and buying games new and at full price, or it wouldn't be a 'threat'. Although buying games isn't a big deal for many people any more. I think in the past it was a lot of money to buy a game full price (I have the price sticker still on the cover of my PS copy of Resident Evil 2 from The ACME Comp & Games store that says £45 from when I bought it in 1999), but now you can get them half of that, new. Either they'll put up the price I suppose, or else try to clamp down on 2nd hand games buying, or make up for it by putting only half a game on disc and the other half on DLC. Etc. Business finds the path of least resistance and most profit. At the moment that is making games with recognizable IP and/or milking them, putting less work and/or time into them - if the end result is still a sale for full price, then the company sees that as a victory even if the game itself is rubbish.

Drakan's right though. The only way to exercise your power as a fan and a consumer is by withholding your money. I say this about the movie industry too, although that's a lot worse - so much crap is made because it's throwaway entertainment. £6 for a cinema ticket and people will go watch anything, no matter how awful. So awful stuff keeps getting churned out. Although the games industry used to be less throwaway, it is moving towards this, and if buyers don't decide with their money when something is no good, it'll be 'good' for the games industry regardless.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I knew CoD was just recycled trash as soon as I saw Modern Warfare 2. I'm not buying it because I know that fact. I don't complain about it, kinda funnny seeing all those peeps buying the updated version for a hefty sum though.

Dont get me wrong ive enjoyed the CoD series but i dont understand why reviewers have rated them so highly and why they continue to outsell everything despite other titles being more innovative. Modern Warfare/Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops were all just tweaked titles instead of true sequels. I played CoD 4 for many many hours online and loved it, i played MW2 a decent amount online and then i played Black Ops online for 25mins before going back and playing Bad Company 2 because it just felt like it had been copy and pasted from the games before it. I mean multiplayer wise i believe Battlefield is the better game and if Battlefield 3 can have a campaign that matches its multiplayer brilliance (i dont doubt it will be brilliant) then it deserves to outsell another rehashed CoD title. Many people have said that they believe Battlefield 3 will be the better game but CoD will continue to sell more, makes me question as to why this happens year after year and this isnt the only example.

Im a football fan (soccer) and i do purchase the new updated Fifa games every year but they actually tweak and try and update as much as they can with an annual sports release. Fifa 12 is actually looking really good and much improved over Fifa 11 and if a sports game developer can tweak and change so much in their games each year which are limited as to what they can change so they actually feel different then why cant other big gaming developers do the same?

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Crap games are the reason I haven't bought a single DS game since Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver. (The newest purchases before those were Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks). The Nintendo DS game library is an excellent example of how 95% of what is made is crap. The 5% that's really awesome and worth buying are way too little and infrequent. I don't even look forward to much from the 3DS, except for LoZ.

And yes, the gaming industry seems to be suffering from lack of creativity. Back in the 90's and 2000's the industry was in it's hey day with tons for awesome games (all platforms mind you - pc, handheld and console). It seems that the industry has plateaued and has no where to go. Except make up some swanky new console that can do almost anything a computer can do these days. Don't get me wrong, new consoles aren't bad, but you gotta back them up with some great software.

Make me a great game - good story, graphics, game play mechanics and fun factors and I'll definitely buy your game and recommend it. (Hell I LOVE Assassin's Creed Brotherhood along with DMC.) Make me a crap game, and it will end up in the pre-owned section of the game store faster than greased lightning.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Crap games are the reason I haven't bought a single DS game since Pokemon Platinum and Soul Silver. (The newest purchases before those were Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks). The Nintendo DS game library is an excellent example of how 95% of what is made is crap. The 5% that's really awesome and worth buying are way too little and infrequent. I don't even look forward to much from the 3DS, except for LoZ.

And yes, the gaming industry seems to be suffering from lack of creativity. Back in the 90's and 2000's the industry was in it's hey day with tons for awesome games (all platforms mind you - pc, handheld and console). It seems that the industry has plateaued and has no where to go. Except make up some swanky new console that can do almost anything a computer can do these days. Don't get me wrong, new consoles aren't bad, but you gotta back them up with some great software.

Make me a great game - good story, graphics, game play mechanics and fun factors and I'll definitely buy your game and recommend it. (Hell I LOVE Assassin's Creed Brotherhood along with DMC.) Make me a crap game, and it will end up in the pre-owned section of the game store faster than greased lightning.

I think the problem is that certain games are majorly successful and instead of creating something new and equally excellent other developers seem to want to clone already successful titles and share the spoils. No innovation just developers looking at other successful games and why they are successful then trying to copy them but doing a much poorer job of it. New games that have been innovative like Portal and Red Dead Redemption didnt copy anything and stood on their own two feet and won awards for it. More developers need to take these risks and create new IP's that arent simply clones of each other.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I think the problem is that certain games are majorly successful and instead of creating something new and equally excellent other developers seem to want to clone already successful titles and share the spoils. No innovation just developers looking at other successful games and why they are successful then trying to copy them but doing a much poorer job of it. New games that have been innovative like Portal and Red Dead Redemption didnt copy anything and stood on their own two feet and won awards for it. More developers need to take these risks and create new IP's that arent simply clones of each other.

Definitely agree. We don't see much originality anymore. Real time strategy, free-form gaming (Elder scrolls series - Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim), dungeon crawlers like Diablo. Great innovations. Portal is fun, though I never played them. I miss the days when new and exciting games were announced. Now it's oh, another clone of so and so. -.-

Dark Drakan

Admin
Definitely agree. We don't see much originality anymore. Real time strategy, free-form gaming (Elder scrolls series - Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim), dungeon crawlers like Diablo. Great innovations. Portal is fun, though I never played them. I miss the days when new and exciting games were announced. Now it's oh, another clone of so and so. -.-

At least Deus Ex and Elder Scrolls are returning with sequels this year, they shall be impressive for sure.

aka958

Don't trust people

Oh there is originality, I promise.

L.A Noire was new, so was Heavy Rain, the dimensions of Super Mario Galaxy was and still is pretty darn new.
There is heavy loads of originality, but the thing is that the originality is really minor in comparison to the clones.
Hence why I'm a really negative when it comes to new games, and some games sequels. I anticipate but I never buy, because there are alot of bad games. Now when I look at reviews of those games I once were curious about and test demos of them... I can happily lean back and say "Wow, lucky I didn't burn money for trash like that". =O

Dark Drakan

Admin
Oh there is originality, I promise.

L.A Noire was new

Playing currently and preordered as soon as id heard about it because i thought that Team Bondi deserved my money for breaking the mould and trying something new.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Personally haven't tried L.A. Noire yet. But I hear so much good from it. ^.^

As for originality, yeah looking back, there are some really neat games out there. Heavy Rain didn't quite catch my attention. Not built for that kinda of game (more like a giant interactive DVD in my opinion). Mario Party, Mario Galaxy are all wins in my book. Even the motion based gaming systems and the older music games are good hits, even if they are classic by this point. I mean god, rockband has been around forever. LoL.

Top Bottom