• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

May I Cry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
fon;286778 said:
You know what, that also sounds like what's going on with a few other companies too. Capcom has been losing money recently though, haven't they?
A speculation was that DMC's ratings were becoming bad so they needed something to boost it up again- at the cost of old fans, of course.
I'm not a worker at Capcom though, so meh. I don't know what they were thinking, really. (Lots of things are being kept under wraps too)

That is what is going on with every game company. If something sells, they continue. It's just that some game companies wants to make good games and get steady sells instead of making generic games that will make them go bankrupt. And some game companies takes wrong turns, some are self destructive, some just wants new things while others boosts what already is there, some pleases their fans, some looks for new fans, etc.

veg-G

Mmm-hmm.....so what were we talking about again?
kenjiharimaCU;287040 said:
I cried when I first saw the teaser trailer...

And old school Dante ate Strawberry Sundae.

when i first saw the trailer....my brain got assualted and never recovered. and that's why i'm here to rehab myself...hoping that the depression will go away

Chrysander

I share the confusion and frustration at the demise of old Dante. They won't ever live this down, unless they pack up and start again, how the fans would like them to.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
veg-G;287070 said:
when i first saw the trailer....my brain got assualted and never recovered. and that's why i'm here to rehab myself...hoping that the depression will go away

Here watch Hitler's subtitle rant. It took off alot of bad stuff inside me after the last 2 months. Almost gotten into depression after seeing that trailer made me sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=795L3VhlrJ4

[youtube]795L3VhlrJ4[/youtube]

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
WingsofaButterfly;297336 said:
Well, from what I hear, Capcom still has half the rights. ^^

No, Capcom has all the rights. What the hell you guys talking about? :lol: Ninja Theory is just developing it, and I highly doubt Capcom will sell off one of their better off franchises. Only one franchise I might see getting sold off by Capcom so far and thats Breath of Fire.

Meg

Sparda's rejected son;297375 said:
I don't like how the new Dante looks ether but what are you going to do? I guess we just gotta accept it. ^_^

Nah. I'd rather troll and flame and throw hissy fits. ;)

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Darth Angelo;297334 said:
Its original roots were cut off when Kamiya left after DMC1.

You're right about that. Tweeted Kamiya and showed him a picture of my New Type Devil May Cry anime magazine and he said "That's not my Dante".

The succeeding Devil May Cry games is not his vision, but the collaboration of different directors and writers from the Capcom team. The good thing is that it's done by Capcom and a Japanese team.

~Yamato slasher~

"Die" = vergil
sbg711;284548 said:
So I've checked a few threads. But I still feel like creating a thread of my own to express my frustration.

So they've started working on a reboot. Dante looks like an emo dikhead, smokes cigarettes, completely lacks taste in clothes, has a lasso-like excuse for a sword, and a memory of a tortured drug-addict.
Where's the demonic white hair? Where's the spanish slash arrogant slash cool attitude? Where's the PIZZA for god's sake?!

Now, first of all, Devil May Cry isn't mainly about Dante. DMC is a universe with it's own story, characters, environment, and most importantly, aura!
As I'll probably quote someone on this forum, "Dante is Dante". And, indeed, no matter how absurdly oldschool he may seem, he's still the arrogant arsehole from hell we all know and love.

Now, back in the old days (old days = dmc1-4), the compilation of the game's art style, heavenly/hellish soundtrack, magnificent world architecture, interrelated stories and characters was what let DMC become DMC.
The Devil May Cry title solely belongs to Sparda, Dante, Nero, Vergil, Trish, Lady, Bigass Sword, Yamato, and Pizza!

If you want to create a completely different game, then give it a different title. I really don't fancy halfassed marketing tricks of attracting attention to new products just by slapping them with popular trademarks.

And, even if it's too early to speculate or jump to conclusions, I'm still expressing my opinion that's solely formed by the teaser video itself.
So if there's really no reason for worry, given the chance that the game won't live up to its presentation, all I've left to say is: Either capcom seriously fked up with their announcement teaser video, or they simply fked up... entirely.
i feel exactly the same but couldnt describe it cause i suck at english>_<

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Lady™;284621 said:
As people we had to change certain aspects of our lives to be where we are at today. What you may have liked in the 3rd grade you may not be so big on today. I accept it so well because if you think about it, Dante's story is deepening and they are personifying him as a character more. Basically, Dante may have made mistakes in the past too. I love imperfect characters.

I totally agree with you... well said.

Lady™;284621 said:
Antoinades did say that this new game will be answering a bunch of unanswered questions, which in my opinion, is brilliant.

Yeah, answers would be nice. Since Capcom only gave us more and more questions, instead of filling the plot holes they created. In DMC 4, I was expecting some shocking revelations, instead of finishing the game wondering who the hell Nero really is.

And maybe his passion for pizza started to fill the empty space the drugs left after he stopped using them.... who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom