• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marvel's Daredevil - Netflix Show

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
The guys at Marvel strike again! This time, with the titular Man Without Fear! Yep, as part of a deal between Marvel and Netflix, Daredevil, as well as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, are all being implemented into Marvel's sprawling Cinematic Universe as shows.

Daredevil is the first show being released on Netflix, and judging by the trailer... it looks pretty damn good! I like how it actually seems to draw a ton from the source material, especially Frank Miller and Brian Michael Bendis's run. It's also cool to note that this occurs in the same world in which the other Marvel Studios films take place. Maybe we'll see some Daredevil action in another Avengers film?

Anyways, I've constructed this thread as a way to discuss the character of Daredevil for any similar fans of the character to discuss the show, the source material, and other Marvel stuff. And of course this is a spot to pool information on the show for anyone who's interested.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/daredevil-teaser-trailer-exclusive-debut?read
some commentary with the showrunner.

I've read some Daredevil before and I'm excited to see another crack at it. I think I'm a Lil spoiled with Arrow/Flash and Agent Carter as superhero shows so im hoping DD is another homerun.

now i have a to go get a netflix.

I am curious as to how much of a connection it has to the larger MCU with the films and Agents of Shield etc

Maybe we will see some some cross pollination later on.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Looks impressive and I will be watching this, also the executive producer is from Spartacus which is great news.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Here's the latest motion poster for Marvel's Daredevil!

Also, the show was featured on Empire Magazine, where a bunch of new info and images were unveiled.
http://www.manwithoutfear.com/daredevil-news-article/2015-02-26-Set-Visit-in-Empire-Magazine

Also, the show made the front cover of Film Ink magazine.

filminkcover.jpg

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
looks like i'm "borrowing" my brother's netflix account...all reals tho can't wait. looks boss. and finally. marvel giving the devil his due. i'm with chance tho. as much as i adore millers DD run i wanna see the red suit. either that or the black and yellow. i dare MARVEL to do the black and yellow suit

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
I really wanna see his real costume.
I do too, but I think they want us to wait and see. Suspense and mystery are important elements, I believe, and right now the suspense is killing me!

Honestly, the whole show conveys the visual style of the comics, especially the Bendis and Maleev stuff. Since everything else is so accurate, I expect the red suit to be the same.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well these four shows for Netflix will culminate in a fifth show called the defenders which is a street-level version of the Avengers for Netflix.

I am curious tho if DD gets another season will they try and get Scarlet Johanson to come in for Black Widow or would they use a different character like Echo or one of the other BWs?

TBH as much as i do want connections between the MCU, I think Daredevil would end up being the one with the least connections to the other movies/show.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i try not to get hyped for things usually due to it not living up to expectation and ending in disappointment...but screw it. i'm riding the hype train. GET HYPED

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/10/daredevil-trailer-2-rewind-theater

in case people wanted a play by play.

I think "Sticks" might be the one to give him the signature outfit as a parting gift from mentor to student.
Hmm... it's possible, although in the comics, Stick never had such a flair for the theatrics. As a matter of fact, in Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (a comic book story arc written by Frank Miller in 1993 that everyone not familiar with the Daredevil character should read in order to get acquainted with his origins), Stick disappears from Matt's life altogether after Matt commits a reckless action in order to get vengeance for the death of his father. Although, of course, Stick would later appear at random intervals during Matt's life and even after he had long began his vigilante career.

I've heard some speculation that Melvin Potter (The Gladiator), a Marvel Comics character and regular Daredevil character, will tailor his suit. Again, this is all conjecture, but it would make sense.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I see they retained original look of Kingpin. If he plays like he looks we're in for a treat

Top Bottom