• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Major Arcana

TonyRedgraveDMC

Hmm, I was thinking if I wanted to avoid the not-so-subtle Shin Megami Tensei reference, I could make the Arcana as 22 humans who were born from demon souls (essentially demons reincarnated into humans) instead of 22 humans who possess parasitic demon artifacts inside of them making them half-demons. One way or the other, I want these individuals to each have a particular, unique demonic trait that translates fairly well into established gameplay mechanics, for familiarity. Once I am able to finalize the Arcana's purpose and functions, then I can get to work on the fanfiction.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I have small idea. how about arcana itself being a demon and all 22 cards are being his/her aspects divided between different humans/beings.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Unfortunately I had wanted "The Devil" to contain some of Mundus' power somehow, not sure if that works any more or not, but definitely wanted to make that character find and wield a "Mundus" Devil Arm (much like Sparda wielded "Sparda") What name would a godly devil like this have?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I know it would sound plain, but I'd say it would be called mundus, just like all devil arms cary names of those from which souls they were made of

TonyRedgraveDMC

Oh, whoops, I posted different details in a strange order. I followed all my points about including references to Mundus with the holder of "The Devil" with an unrelated question about what the name of the godly devil the arcana spawned from should be. I suppose that there may be Amulet pieces to awaken the demon soul within them, but also act as pieces of a separate amulet that keeps that devil locked up between several humans and such.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I hate to go back and back and back, but the biggest obstacle I'm facing with making this a proper plot point and getting to the characters and settings and such is the fact that the Bastone, Calice, Medaglia, and Spada were "holy relics", almost all of my Arcana feature demonic powers/traits, except 2-3 (The High Priestess, The Hierophant, and maybe Justice) My first thought is that in Tarot card reading, the face cards are used and are shuffled in such a way that when drawn, even their vertical orientation is considered during the reading, giving me reason to believe these Arcana could still be holy relics, but they also have a "upside down" dark side, which almost all of them are found in. In general I have little to no idea for what The High Priestess or The Hierophant's "demon" sides would do for the user, nor what the sacred versions of the other Arcana would do.

Top Bottom