• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

lucifer. >hem<

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
first off, hello again all:)

secondly, the cutscene:p. HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?!? i mean, in the video he goes on about how he will "whip it out" and "thrust it in" and "it penetrates". this video was probably the reason the game's given a 16 guidance rating;)

but i actually think it's pretty useful and i wanted to know if anyone else uses it. it's just fun to blow up enemies:$

ps. on the bosses i use lucifer loads. if you use PIN-UP 3 times (as the max blades you can create is 15) then use BONDAGE (>ahem< 16 rating) and then use ECSTACY it hurts 'em A LOT.

pps. if you use lucifer on the combat adjusticator statues you can raise your rank like crazy. just keep using PIN-UP;)

w33l33

meh...
erm i believe the 16 rating is for the extreme fantasy violence for example when dante gets pinned to the statue of his father with his own sword through his chest and then proceeds to pull it out...

but yeah i know what you meani smiled at this point...
it is a very amusing and useful weapon, good tip

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
w33l33;70440 said:
erm i believe the 16 rating is for the extreme fantasy violence for example when dante gets pinned to the statue of his father with his own sword through his chest and then proceeds to pull it out...

hehe that bits cool. and i was jokin around with the age rating thing;)

neoLogy!

I'm a newb, I know. But I still can't find a use for the Lucifer. I prefer using the Rebellion and Gilgamesh...especially gilgamesh :D

FuumaMonou

neoLogy!;70448 said:
I'm a newb, I know. But I still can't find a use for the Lucifer. I prefer using the Rebellion and Gilgamesh...especially gilgamesh :D

It all depends on your style of play. I personally love Lucifer and it is my favorite weapon. However, I'm a person that likes more unorthodox type things in game'. Though, TBH, I use all the weapons quite a bit.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
hmm,i use Lucifer and admits it is cool.:lol: However,Lucifer's combos are the hardest to master yet...:wacko: I use all weapons without any problems...:)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I find Lucifer easier to handle than it looks. For some weird reason I can't use Gilgamesh at all>_< And it's weird since Ifrit was one of my favorite Devil Arms.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
pinky750;70439 said:
secondly, the cutscene:p. HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?!?

Dante is basically Capcom's Chuck Norris. He can do anything and get away with it, no questions asked. xD <3

aka958

Don't trust people
i LOVE using Lucifier and Pandoras Box they are the best Weapons for Dante at all (what i think)

Keaton

Premium
pinky750;70439 said:
first off, hello again all:)

secondly, the cutscene:p. HOW DID THEY GET AWAY WITH IT?!? i mean, in the video he goes on about how he will "whip it out" and "thrust it in" and "it penetrates". this video was probably the reason the game's given a 16 guidance rating;)

but i actually think it's pretty useful and i wanted to know if anyone else uses it. it's just fun to blow up enemies:$

ps. on the bosses i use lucifer loads. if you use PIN-UP 3 times (as the max blades you can create is 15) then use BONDAGE (>ahem< 16 rating) and then use ECSTACY it hurts 'em A LOT.

pps. if you use lucifer on the combat adjusticator statues you can raise your rank like crazy. just keep using PIN-UP;)

Thank **** someone else saw the inuendo! My other half says i'm just dirty minded >.<

Heh, I love Dante, each movie he's in is diffrent (especially love the stage/opera/panto style one just before he gets Yamoto) =p

___

Lucifer is a really good weapon...I havent got completly used to it yet (waiting to discover a more projectile like combo - alike Virgils Summoned Swords DMC3-SE). But I find changing between Rebellion > Giglamesh and into > Lucifer and back really piles up points especially since even when you back round to Giglamesh again Lucifers blades explode and deal added damage =p

Does anyone have any tips?

[also, it gives Dante a much greater range of distance covered in the air...try: Trickster. Jump, Air Hike, Trickster Air Hike + Up and Melee repeatedly on Lucifer, rolls and rolls in the air, dropping very little ^__^]

w33l33

meh...
VI-Rainbow;70494 said:
Dante is basically Capcom's Chuck Norris. He can do anything and get away with it, no questions asked. xD <3

to be fair Rockstar get away with it in the GTA series in every game (admitedly they are 18 rated) so why cant dante get away with it in devil may cry? and rockstar are just blatent with it aswell

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
Tony_Redgrave;70481 said:
I find Lucifer easier to handle than it looks. For some weird reason I can't use Gilgamesh at all>_< And it's weird since Ifrit was one of my favorite Devil Arms.

Yeah Same for me i cant use Gilgamesh at all, its to slow for me...
maybe after playing with Nero so much its kinda slow cause Nero is a fast Character.

neoLogy!

I find Gilga's uppercut great after you hit anything with a....that forward strike with rebellion. Just wait for them to get up and shove it right in their face :D

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Bandoor;70671 said:
maybe after playing with Nero so much its kinda slow cause Nero is a fast Character.

You think? I find Dante much faster..
Although when using Rebellion, of course with Gilgamesh he's slower.

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
Tony_Redgrave;70481 said:
For some weird reason I can't use Gilgamesh at all>_<

i don't like to use gilgamesh, it's just too slow for me. that's why i loved agni & rudra and cerberus! i mainly switch between rebellion and lucifer.

VI-Rainbow;70494 said:

:lol: chuck norris!

Keaton;70587 said:
Heh, I love Dante, each movie he's in is diffrent (especially love the stage/opera/panto style one just before he gets Yamoto) =p

:lol: that scene is amazing!

Keaton;70587 said:
Lucifer is a really good weapon...I havent got completly used to it yet (waiting to discover a more projectile like combo - alike Virgils Summoned Swords DMC3-SE)...Does anyone have any tips?

the closest you'll get is BONDAGE. create lots of swords using PIN-UP (15 is the max you can have i think). then use BONDAGE (that's swordmaster style, then forward + triangle or B, whichever is relevant to you:p). it basically makes all the blades you have created surround the enemy then impale that spot! (be careful though- if the enemy moves then all the blades will pointlessly pierce that space).

ps. there's also DISCAPLINE (that's swordmaster style, then triangle or B) which basically makes all the blades you have created move around you, then fire forwards to pierce enemies ahead. i don't find it that useful though.

Keaton

Premium
Bandoor;70671 said:

Giglamesh is LIGHTNING FAST when you upgrade to get the kick combo (Thanks to neoLogy! for identifying Kick13 for me), allows you to attack REALLY quick. Also, Giglamesh is a great evasive weapon Back+Melee shuffles Dante back and if you then press Forward+Melee he does a stong attack.

Its nice to combine Dante's 'launching attack' via Rebellion then Giglamesh's grounding aerial kick =p Helps alot on the combat adjucators.

Pinky750: Awesome thanks for the tips +rep! I will certanly take advantage of those moves :D

Top Bottom