• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lets discuss DMC's Plotholes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Can we figure everything out?

In the DMC1 intro, it says that Sparda "reigned" over the human world until his death (disappearance?)... why would you rule over something you're trying to protect? Did they make him king, or did he make himself king?

If Sparda was a king for 2,000 years, how is it that Lady doubted his existance? We know that Sparda died at least after Eva was impregnated with Dante & Vergil before his "death," so Sparda was at least alive during some point of her youth. He wasn't someone that lived 500 years ago or something.

Did Sparda really wait 1,972 years to have children?

Did Dante & Vergil ever know their father? The only things they seem to know about him is what they read or what they hear. They didn't even seem to know that they're demons... or at least Dante didn't.

How did Sparda die? I know Sparda sealed away his power... but how much? According to DMC2, Sparda was still freak'n powerful! Demons also appearantly have infinite life-spans, and if Dante & Vergil are any hint, Sparda probably had a healing factor that rivals Deadpool's.

Why was the Force Edge in the demon world? It appearantly had no purpose. It was Sparda's power, and both Sparda's blood and the blood of a priestess holding the portal shut.

If the portal was still sealed until Dante & Vergil fought the second time, where did all of those demons come from??

How is it that Vergil killed Beowulf so easily when Dante was doing so poorly?

IF Arkham really did have Sparda's power, why was he so freakishly weak? And why didn't the Force Edge transform into the Sparda sword? And IF Arkham was really able to use Sparda's power, why couldn't Trish?

Why is it that in DMC1, when Dante's 28 years old, Trish says that Dante lost a mother and brother 20 years ago. But in DMC3, Dante's 18-20 years old and is not suprised one bit to see Vergil alive and well. Was their mother still alive too? Was Dante actually 38 in DMC1?

If Mundus' presence was all over Mallet island in DMC1, why didn't Mundus do to Dante what he did to Griffon the moment Dante stepped foot on the island?

Why did Griffon say that Dante was more powerful than Sparda, when Dante needed his father's powers to beat Mundus half to death?

If there are any more, please add on.

Sleeping Giant

In the DMC1 intro, it says that Sparda "reigned" over the human world until his death (disappearance?)... why would you rule over something you're trying to protect? Did they make him king, or did he make himself king?

I don't think "reigned" necessarily means that Sparda made himself king, I think it means he looked after the human world.

If the portal was still sealed until Dante & Vergil fought the second time, where did all of those demons come from??

Good question

Because Vergil is much more poweful than Dante is, besides, Vergil wields the yamato which if I recall correctly was described in DMC1 as able to cut through anything.

IF Arkham really did have Sparda's power, why was he so freakishly weak? And why didn't the Force Edge transform into the Sparda sword? And IF Arkham was really able to use Sparda's power, why couldn't Trish?

I read the answer to that somewhere I just don't remember where.....anyways the Force Edge didn't transform into the Sparda sword and Arkham didn't have Sparda's full power nor could he control the power he has because the blood of Sparda doesn't flow within him.

If Mundus' presence was all over Mallet island in DMC1, why didn't Mundus do to Dante what he did to Griffon the moment Dante stepped foot on the island?

Yet another good question

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I think Sparda just kinda got old like everyone else..and died. and then i think mundus and the other demons then plotted and had Eva killed. and then from that point Vergil was in a way lost to Dante. but then in Manga Dante thinks Vergil is dead but finds out that he is alive. and then at the end of DMC3, Vergil decides to stay in the demon world, so then he is lost to Dante at that point too. So when Trish says that he lost a mother and a brother to evil 20 years ago. she could have meant that he lost his mother 20 years ago while he could have lost Vergil only 10 years ago..(it would have been a mouthful if she had said- "Your the man who lost a mother to evil 20 years ago and a brother 10 years ago, the son of the legandary dark knight sparda....")
The Game,DMC3 is one year after the Manga. and Dante says that it's been a year since he and Vergil last meet. which would mean that they met in the manga. And as for how old Dante is in DMC3, I've wondered about that. Now I have a question...How old were Dante and Vergil when their mother died?

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
Vergil killed Beowulf more easily because he was blind and he couldn't tell where EXACTLY he was in the room, whereas one of his eyes worked when he fought Dante. That, and Vergil beating him was just a cutscene. For you, it was a bossfight, so it's bound to be harder. And of course, the main reason is that Vergil, being smarter than Dante had the brains to just jump on Beowulf and slice his brains in two. Dante, on the other hand had to be awkward about it and just did anything to beat up Beowulf. Difference, big difference.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
UltDeadpool;15225 said:
Can we figure everything out?

If Sparda was a king for 2,000 years, how is it that Lady doubted his existance? We know that Sparda died at least after Eva was impregnated with Dante & Vergil before his "death," so Sparda was at least alive during some point of her youth. He wasn't someone that lived 500 years ago or something.

Did Sparda really wait 1,972 years to have children?

Did Dante & Vergil ever know their father? The only things they seem to know about him is what they read or what they hear. They didn't even seem to know that they're demons... or at least Dante didn't.

How did Sparda die? I know Sparda sealed away his power... but how much? According to DMC2, Sparda was still freak'n powerful! Demons also appearantly have infinite life-spans, and if Dante & Vergil are any hint, Sparda probably had a healing factor that rivals Deadpool's.

Why was the Force Edge in the demon world? It appearantly had no purpose. It was Sparda's power, and both Sparda's blood and the blood of a priestess holding the portal shut.

Why is it that in DMC1, when Dante's 28 years old, Trish says that Dante lost a mother and brother 20 years ago. But in DMC3, Dante's 18-20 years old and is not suprised one bit to see Vergil alive and well. Was their mother still alive too? Was Dante actually 38 in DMC1?

Why did Griffon say that Dante was more powerful than Sparda, when Dante needed his father's powers to beat Mundus half to death?

If there are any more, please add on.

As regards to reigned, it says "quietly reigned" which suggests that he ruled from behind the scenes if you see what I mean. Sparda's machinations preserved peace and justice until his "death".

That is also why Lady was sceptical about his existance. As regards to your question about Eva's impregnation and Sparda having to wait that long before having kids, it's somewhat rational to believe that he impregated Eva just before his death so Dante and Vergil never knew their father. I think it believable that he took a demonic bride beforehand (Nevan said Dante's father was a "Handsome devil) but had to fight even his original family due to his strong sense of justice. Of course this is all speculation but I think it fits in, just fitting the pieces of the jigsaw together.

I will try to think up solutions for the others on a later date but it's very very late now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom