• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kat Useless or Not

Kat, Useless Or Not?

• Total voters

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I just meant that the "strategic" sense you were mentioning was different than what I thought, which I agree with yours.

Although, Trish did sorta beat the crap out of Dante when they first met :ermm: Maybe he got caught by surprise (likely), but...I dunno. I'd think Trish has something on Lady, what with the lightning powers and the floating around stuff :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
and in terms of defeating these enemies? How will that go? Normal weapons aren't going to do a thing against powerful demons.

After a series of repeated missile barrages and rockets to the face Cerberus would be pretty vulnerable plus firearms is the only way to remove his ice armor. Also destroying each head or at least two of them wouldn't be too hard.

I also recall Bael going down because Nero punched him hard enough....I know his Devil Arm is powerful (he crushed the Savior's face and even punched back an entire army of Dagons) but a punch is still a punch....or did Nero slammed him hard enough.

Demons aren't overpowered beings. They're above humans on the basis they possess supernatural abilities and can take more bullets than your average human and demons (In DMC) have been shown to be able to be taken down if you shoot them enough.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, Lady was a bit of just a straight up b!tch. She just shot at Dante.

Every girl in DMC is just basically a crazy b!tch when you think about it.

Trish destroys his front door, throws a bike at him, pretty much tries to kill him and that was just her way of saying hi.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

After a series of repeated missile barrages and rockets to the face Cerberus would be pretty vulnerable plus firearms is the only way to remove his ice armor. Also destroying each head or at least two of them wouldn't be too hard.

I also recall Bael going down because Nero punched him hard enough....I know his Devil Arm is powerful (he crushed the Savior's face and even punched back an entire army of Dagons) but a punch is still a punch....or did Nero slammed him hard enough.

Demons aren't overpowered beings. They're above humans on the basis they possess supernatural abilities and can take more bullets than your average human and demons (In DMC) have been shown to be able to be taken down if you shoot them enough.

Remember though, E&I shoot magic bullets (apparently).

And this brings up something fun - playing through DMC3 with only firearms, without upgrading much, nor using any supernatural abilities like Air Hike, Royal Guard. That'd be...quite the challenge, methinks.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I just meant that the "strategic" sense you were mentioning was different than what I thought, which I agree with yours.

Although, Trish did sorta beat the crap out of Dante when they first met :ermm: Maybe he got caught by surprise (likely), but...I dunno. I'd think Trish has something on Lady, what with the lightning powers and the floating around stuff :p

Physically and stats wise Trish is above Lady but the two are said to be rivals and in the anime they actually fought each other even if it was a simple bout.

I think Trish can beat Lady but Lady has a lot of firearms and weapons.

As for firearms and demons. Nero's gun Blue Rose has 2 barrels despite it being a colt gun (those only have one barrels) for it was explained in the DMC4 manga Nero customized it (for he liked messing with firearms and mechanics) so it can shoot 2 bullets at once and it was due to the demons exterior as demons possessed a rough exterior that the first bullet was meant to pierce it while the second bullet does the damage.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Remember though, E&I shoot magic bullets (apparently).

And this brings up something fun - playing through DMC3 with only firearms, without upgrading much, nor using any supernatural abilities like Air Hike, Royal Guard. That'd be...quite the challenge, methinks.

E&I are still man made guns. Their bullets can be infused with Dante's magical energy to power them up to do extra damage.

The only instances of Dante actually powering up his guns or infusing them with his demonic energy was in DMC1 when he shot Mundus back into the demon world and DMC2 when he blasted Argosax. It was apparent to show the guns charged up with lightning (and fire) to indicate the shot is powered up with demonic energy where the other cases it seemed like it did not meaning he most likely shot them with regular bullets plus Lady has a rocket launcher, missiles, and grenades......I think they're effective enough.

As for the challenge can we still use Gunslinger Style....also what difficulty?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
E&I are still man made guns. Their bullets can be infused with Dante's magical energy to power them up to do extra damage.

But there's been in-game instances where its said they're firing magic bullets :x Can't remember which one now. But whatever.

As for the challenge can we still use Gunslinger Style....also what difficulty?

I dunno...Gunslinger style comprises a lot of supernatural abilities like the rapid fire and Rainstorm. but...I guess that can be the one Style you're allowed :p No Artemis though, since that's a demonic weapon, too. I'd say...uh...Normal difficulty? I guess?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But there's been in-game instances where its said they're firing magic bullets :x Can't remember which one now. But whatever.

I dunno...Gunslinger style comprises a lot of supernatural abilities like the rapid fire and Rainstorm. but...I guess that can be the one Style you're allowed :p No Artemis though, since that's a demonic weapon, too. I'd say...uh...Normal difficulty? I guess?

Actually Lady has been shown to able pull off some rather stylish and well over the top moves in DMC3.

We can consider stuff like Rainstorm acrobatics and Rapid Fire from the Sniper Rifle great aim and shooting skills.

Artemis kind of sucked any.

If anything people will just spam Kalina Ann since its the gun that does most damage...so Dante's strongest gun weapon belongs to Lady that says a lot.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It also has really sh!t range in-game for some reason >.<

I suppose to really make it feel like you're just a human, a higher difficulty would be in order. Hell and Hell for the ultimate challenge as a squishy human!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It also has really sh!t range in-game for some reason >_<

I suppose to really make it feel like you're just a human, a higher difficulty would be in order. Hell and Hell for the ultimate challenge as a squishy human!

DMC3 doesn't have Hell and Hell mode....the highest is Heaven and Hell mode.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
O______________________________________________________________o

Holy crap it doesn't? Sh!t mang.

Dante Must Die then, I guess :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Eh, "Lady Must Die" challenge would probably work best with DMC3, using E&I and Kalina Ann,

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
NYO! Lady only had pistols* and Kalina Ann! You are Lady now! Put on the skirt and DANCE!

*and a skorpion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
NYO! Lady only had pistols* and Kalina Ann! You are Lady now! Put on the skirt and DANCE!

*and a skorpion

So get DMC3 on the PC and download a Lady skin mod.

So an all gun and Gunslinger only playthrough with no supernatural abilities would be this.

Minus Air Hike and charge shots and replace the Shotgun with Kalina Ann.

Top Bottom