• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just Something I Noticed...

Veloran

RG6zmwu.png
qRuxUBh.png
JeqEQBu.png
NQnIRKF.png

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
He could have had/purchased another pair, many years have passed between DMC3 and DMC4.

EDIT

Also upon closer inspection those gloves definitely are not the same.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What am I supposed to be looking at exactly here? That they're the same gloves? They're not.

He's got fingerless gloves in 3, while in 4 just two of the fingers are exposed. Whatever sense that makes. I've never seen gloves like that.

Veloran

He could have had/purchased another pair, many years have passed between DMC3 and DMC4.

EDIT

Also upon closer inspection those gloves definitely are not the same.

What am I supposed to be looking at exactly here? That they're the same gloves? They're not.

He's got fingerless gloves in 3, while in 4 just two of the fingers are exposed. Whatever sense that makes. I've never seen gloves like that.
I meant the SCAR, not the gloves.

For a long time I was a bit confused by the close zoom in on Dante's left hand in DMC4's intro, or why he was spontaneously entering Devil Trigger. Then, as I was watching DMC3's cutscenes today, I noticed the final slash Vergil cuts across his left hand at the very end. Looking in DMC4 again, lo and behold there's a huge divot in his left palm.

Just thought it was a really cool detail.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't see a scar. It just looks like detail of Dante's palm. Would Dante be susceptible to scars considering he has super healing?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Because they're super-cool, that's why.
I don't see a scar. It just looks like detail of Dante's palm. Would Dante be susceptible to scars considering he has super healing?
Because the Yamato is well... OP.

What I mean is that it's powerful enough to leave a scar. Demon Curse 101 or some crap.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Agreed, doesn't seem like a scar to me, just detail in Dante's palm.

Seems the detail in his glove and DT glove changes when he uses his DT, but doesn't look like a scar to me.

And I doubt Dante would even get a scar, at best it probably just took longer to heal throughout the events of DMC3 since its Yamato.

Veloran

Because they're super-cool, that's why.

Because the Yamato is well... OP.

What I mean is that it's powerful enough to leave a scar. Demon Curse 101 or some crap.
I'd guess the gloves are like that because he deliberately cut off the index finger, probably for his handguns.

Agreed, doesn't seem like a scar to me, just detail in Dante's palm.

Seems the detail in his glove and DT glove changes when he uses his DT, but doesn't look like a scar to me.

And I doubt Dante would even get a scar, at best it probably just took longer to heal throughout the events of DMC3 since its Yamato.
I don't know, maybe. But even in DMC3 Yamato is the only thing that seemed capable of inflicting lasting damage. If anything would leave a scar, that would.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
*petting Dante's hand* Cut you once, shame on you. Cut you twice, shame on you still. You didn't learn the first time to not extend your hand. Now you must live the rest of your life with rage from palm readers! You can call the scars the "foolishness lines". :thumbsup: Your welcome.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
why he was spontaneously entering Devil Trigger.

Probably because he was getting beaten up. He always tries to DT as less as possible, cause he doesn't like his demon side, but when Nero was punching him (even though with probably zero consequences on him... I don't think he even felt pain) he was probably getting p!ssed.

Viper

Premium
Yeah, both his main line and heart line are straight and very pronounced, making it look like a cut and not something natural.

Let's see what we can find out from Dante's palm... *pulls out a book on fortune telling* :D

Clear and pronounced main line reveals strength for overcoming obstacles. Since this is his left palm, and he is right-handed, it is relevant to his emotions. Its straight shape tells us he is a good, honest person.
Life line is clear and without breaks, meaning a healthy life. Length of life cannot be determined from this line, despite common belief.
Heart line starting from the Jupiter's hill reveals his attitude towards love and marriage is too romantic, and that he could be more sensitive than others to emotional pain, cause they expect too much. Good news is that he doesn't seem to lean towards jealousy.
His heart line is quite high on his palm, so his approach to his emotional life will be more logical and intellectual, in other words he will have feelings but will be less open to expressing them. From its straight shape it also seems he will put his career first.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Lol. that's gold! Do you really know how to read it or you're just kidding?

Viper

Premium
I don't know how to do reading professionally, but all this stuff is based on a fortune telling book I have. Of course, for a more accurate analysis I'd need to see Dante's hand in flesh, since this doesn't show all the little irregularities of lines like "islands", dots, breaks, etc.

Top Bottom