• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just received Virgils Downfall code!

Gbraga

Yeah, the first thing I noticed about Big V is that he's insanely fast compared to Dante. From pulling himself to platforms to lifting himself to enemies, He's there in an instant, the enemy has no chance. Also he's a lot more meticulous to master, Dante has a few moves which guarantees a launch on heavy enemies so long as the attack is fully charged, Vergil on the other hand has a 'middle ground' move which can only be activated with precise timing. Miss the timing = No launch.

And yes the removal of Colour-coded enemies is a breath of fresh air, Weapon in hand, Enemy in face = Attack. No 'use this for that' bullsh!t.

When He really shines though is when He has a protective circle of Summoned swords around him, it interrupts and traps nearly every enemy around him, especially useful for multiple Rage encounters.

I could feel the second I stepped into his shoes, Big V in the right hands can be devastating. I can almost guarantee He would eat Dante's campaign alive.
It's funny because not only Vergil is better than Dante (and more fun to play), but also it's so much harder! Vergil is not a crowd control monster like Dante, he's much more one-on-one action (which I love, since it was pretty much a series staple), so things like Hell and Hell might actually be a legit challenge.

But fighting Blood Rages with Vergil would be infuriating. **** Divorce! lol

Zilla

The inFAAMous
It's funny because not only Vergil is better than Dante (and more fun to play), but also it's so much harder! Vergil is not a crowd control monster like Dante, he's much more one-on-one action (which I love, since it was pretty much a series staple), so things like Hell and Hell might actually be a legit challenge.

But fighting Blood Rages with Vergil would be infuriating. **** Divorce! lol

Yeah, that's what I was saying to My friend who was watching My play, even He noticed that Vergil can't dominate a crowd as much and spends a lot more time on the ground as opposed to Dante who could stay airborne for days. It's good though, I really appreciate that Ninja Theory made Vergil feel so instantly different from Dante.

Transport upwards is the ultimate LOL method against Tyrants, poor things just can't keep up.

But yeah, I don't think I got through many missions on Hell and Hell without actually dying (using all 3 Gold orbs), also You'll likely loathe Mission 5 on Hell and Hell.

Gbraga

Yeah, that's what I was saying to My friend who was watching My play, even He noticed that Vergil can't dominate a crowd as much and spends a lot more time on the ground as opposed to Dante who could stay airborne for days. It's good though, I really appreciate that Ninja Theory made Vergil feel so instantly different from Dante.

Transport upwards is the ultimate LOL method against Tyrants, poor things just can't keep up.

But yeah, I don't think I got through many missions on Hell and Hell without actually dying (using all 3 Gold orbs), also You'll likely loathe Mission 5 on Hell and Hell.
Can't wait! I'm loving Vergil so far, I think I'll main him and say bye bye to Dante, I was planning on finally making a combo video, and I guess I made the right choice waiting for this DLC before I made it.

EvilX-81

Hey Greg! You should do another DmC user videos roundup to get the community more hyped! I suggest this one, which is in my opinion the best DmC video yet:

That was face-meltingly good. Wonder how he was pulling off the seemingly rapid fire angel evades.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
I didn't know you could parry the Hunter's hand grapple thing :blink:

Quick hint, you can parry almost anything in this game :blink: >_<

="Gbraga, post: 458022, member: 17193"

He plays like I do, no demon dodge and no DT and Items..FTW..Isn't that so much more enjoyable to watch than someone who just buffs themself up and 3 hits the boss? I'm still in the process of modding all boss files to make them have 4x the hp then I may play DmD again on regular DmC :p

Gbraga

Quick hint, you can parry almost anything in this game :blink: >_<

He plays like I do, no demon dodge and no DT and Items..FTW..Isn't that so much more enjoyable to watch than someone who just buffs themself up and 3 hits the boss? I'm still in the process of modding all boss files to make them have 4x the hp then I may play DmD again on regular DmC :p
Is a Turbo Mode mod possible? that would be so amazing

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Why does this video look so beautiful?! Not just in terms of the combos, but in terms of the actual graphics. Is this just what everything looks like on ultra settings, or is there some sort of other texture pack there. I swear I'm seeing a bunch of glyph-like designs on a lot of different effects, from the Ricoshot's glow in the hands, the Angel Glide ripple, and even the Hunter's spinning knife...

Is this all stuff I just never noticed because the PS3 version isn't as powerful...or what...?

Judgement

Is a Turbo Mode mod possible? that would be so amazing
Oh god! The combos! I can see it now!

To the both of you yes, it is actually easier to mod the files to only enhance the playspeed of the game than anything else. However to do so there are many things to take into consideration that I still need to look into. DmC is coded a bit differently than say dmc3 or 4 so doing this properly may be annoying though definitely promising. So easy ...yes, but time consuming also yesss...even more QQ. This was actually one of my original plans though xD.

Whatever yo do do not download a speed hack off the interwebz.. that will only make everything including you faster unlike the game faster but you the same plus they are all evilz and haz viruses

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Why does this video look so beautiful?! Not just in terms of the combos, but in terms of the actual graphics. Is this just what everything looks like on ultra settings, or is there some sort of other texture pack there. I swear I'm seeing a bunch of glyph-like designs on a lot of different effects, from the Ricoshot's glow in the hands, the Angel Glide ripple, and even the Hunter's spinning knife...

Is this all stuff I just never noticed because the PS3 version isn't as powerful...or what...?
Not only is everything maxed out on the PC, but there are alot of custom texture mods applied made by the player himself. He is an amazing player/modder and goes by the name of Zeromancer. He is a member of this forum, just go check out his stuff on the PC mods board.

Gbraga

He's a member here, Zeromancer, he makes incredible mods. He's using his own SweetFX settings, Nightmare Hunter mod, Badass Dante mod and Sky Glide mod, all made by himself. The game does look incredible on PC even without mods though, it's one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

To the both of you yes, it is actually easier to mod the files to only enhance the playspeed of the game than anything else. However to do so there are many things to take into consideration that I still need to look into. DmC is coded a bit differently than say dmc3 or 4 so doing this properly may be annoying though definitely promising. So easy ...yes, but time consuming also yesss...even more QQ. This was actually one of my original plans though xD.
Man, that's so nice to read, so it IS possible then? I can't wait until someone does it! I'd even donate money to support such incredible mod

Gbraga

Oh, he's also using HD HUD mod (not sure if he released it as a standalone mod or he's just using Good Old Dante as well)

Judgement

Man, that's so nice to read, so it IS possible then? I can't wait until someone does it! I'd even donate money to support such incredible mod

I appreciate the enthusiasm but when I make something that I want to play I only wish to release it to everyone else and would never want conpensation for it ^^ I work from my computer enough and acquire sufficient funds as it is so anything I do outside that is for me and anyone else who desires to have fun as I

Gbraga

I appreciate the enthusiasm but when I make something that I want to play I only wish to release it to everyone else and would never want conpensation for it ^^ I work from my computer enough and acquire sufficient funds as it is so anything I do outside that is for me and anyone else who desires to have fun as I
Your effort is much appreciated! Even if the mod doesn't come out, just the fact that you looked into it already means a lot, thank you!

Top Bottom