• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

its dissapointing...

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
it's cruel when you play a game and think "whoah! cool graphics dudes! surf's up!" but in years time they improve graphics and you look at the old game and think "actually, there a bit dodgy." i experienced this with my old playstation 1 games, and this discussion relates to dmc because having played dmc3 before the previous 2 you just think the graphics were very bad, and it made my experience of playing the first 2 not as good as other people's would have been.

again, just something i wanted to get off my mind.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Yeah I felt the same way about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 when I bought it for my PS2. I had not played the game in ages, not since I had (and used to own) a PS1.

And shouldn't this thread be moved to the General Chat area?

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
i thought about where it should go and i said to myself "it's to do with games, so i'll put it into the gaming discussion". that a good enough reason for ya?

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
lol we shall leave that one to the staff.

But yeah, it is pretty disappointing when you look back on PSone games and think-Jesus it looks really pixelated now.....But Crash Bandicoot had good graphics I have to say lol :lol:

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
crash is best left with those graphics. they made him very cartoony and zany and that was his appeal.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
yeah i'm just gonna add that some RE games were scarier with the old graphics just because the zombies had no facial model...i'm serious it was scary as HELL looking at a zombies that look so bad by graphical terms, it scared the crap out of me sometime when i went to go kill a zombie, shoot once i saw a zombie so ugly, i died because of it...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Haha! I totally agree, SpArAda. I played Resident Evil: Director's Cut for the original Playstation a while ago and I can honestly say I found it much scarier than pretty much every Resident Evil game to date! The whole B-movie feel of the game just seems to make it much scarier in my opinion. ^_^

Oh yeah, I set up my old 16-bit Sega Mega-Drive a week or so ago - it really is difficult to comprehend just how 'wowed' I was back when I was playing the old Sonic The Hedgehog series back in the early 90's. I used to think games like Golden Axe and Golden Axe II were the best things since sliced bread, even with such primative graphics.

Those were the days...

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Yeah, sometimes the more archaic graphics give horror/ survival games a notch up to the ones with a newer graphics system. However those are abouts the only type of games where older graphics give the game more of an atmosphere. I mean compare Tekken 1 to Tekken 5 (Big dif or what?):lol:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yes, Tekken's difference was indeed very surprising, if you fall down in Tekken 2, u can go for a drink until your character stands again:p
I loved T'ai fu: Wrath of the Tiger when I owned Playstation, but now it's difficult to understand what a monster looks like:p
Still I like though, too bad it was broken

pinky750

Sir Fretalot
i remember tomb raider 1, there was a T-rex, it used to be scary as hell, we went back on tomb raider, came to the bit with the T-rex and...

i couldn't stop laughing.

Tyles

That doesn't occur to me. What comes to mind is how innovative the graphics were for their time. I seem to be stuck in that sort of era when it comes to replaying old games because they're just too different now to compare them to modern games.

Rend

Necromancer
I don't really care about graphics as I do about quality but it is appreciated to see games looking all shiny and nice, but yet I still pay 16 bit rpgs on my snes(some classics remain with you forever), I can't seem to find my genesis though, I thought I left it in the closet, but when I went to find it, it was not there.

Dark Drakan

Admin
What matters really is, in your memory the moments you had on that game at the time were great and for the time the GFX were great. I mean GTA was a revolution when it came out but i cant go and play it now as the colours give me a headache so its better for me to remember the good classic times i had on it back then. Games improving in GFX and physics is no bad thing as more and more 'classics' are being created year after year.

Qairthra

I Punt Demons.
yeahh you have a point there.i went to play my final fantasy V game,i was like...wow how things have changed.still an amazing game though!

Top Bottom