• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

it wasn't meant to be insulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There's honestly no telling exactly what's going to happen. But I agree that taking that confusion out on each other is not the best course of action

Not necessarily. All we need to know is what Capcom's general position on game development is and base it off that.

Not long ago Capcom's general policy was quantity over quality, that has never worked for anyone in this industry, I don't get why Capcom thought they would be an exception. Recently capcom has started to take on a different approach, to drop all external projects and focus on making their own games themselves again. With RE6 Capcom has stated that they hear people and now they want to take it to what it was before it became so action focused.

My concern isn't whether it'll be DmC or DMC but rather whether or not Capcom will even greenlight another DMC of any kind. For all we know this is the end.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Half Life 3 isn't real and it never will be.

Plus you're just under the impression that Capcom just made the reboot for the hell of it. Like there was no reason at all for one. A series does not consider a risky and drastic move like a reboot of everything was going in the right direction. You stop it. We were talking about Bond.
so you're going to deflect a hypothetical analogy because you didn't like the arbitrary example used?

"capcom did it therefore it must be good"
"we're talking about james bond movies now"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, even if DMC5 were to be cancelled, someone else will make a game with lock-on, frame-cancels, royal guard, and guard cancels.

I still don't think taunts are necessary. There are other ways to link combos without having to stop what you're doing and use a one-liner. Vergil's sheathing of Yamato in DMC3 was a good example. All you had to do was wait for the sheathing animation to finish.

Also, you could very well press the select button and Dante could use a one-liner while still attacking. Ok, so I change my mind. Certain taunts can be used, but not the ones where I have to stop the action.

I'll be really disappointed if Bayonetta 2 doesn't have RG. The Witch-Time Dodge wasn't a good replacement, in my opinion. There's no excuse not to have it in the sequel.

I'm not saying that I have to buy it, but if there aren't any other action games coming out, I kind of have no choice on the matter if I want something with good gameplay.

It's either that or wait for Nordic Games to make Darksiders III.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh God, are we still doing this?

Chancey stop answering. Kam, quit being a provocateur.

Time for a random geek vid.

Kam

Oh God, are we still doing this?

Chancey stop answering. Kam, quit being a provocateur.

Time for a random geek vid.

at this point I'd argue that we're provoking each other. Then again I just like to argue about things...
>_>

Well, even if DMC5 were to be cancelled, someone else will make a game with lock-on, frame-cancels, royal guard, and guard cancels.

I still don't think taunts are necessary. There are other ways to link combos without having to stop what you're doing and use a one-liner. Vergil's sheathing of Yamato in DMC3 was a good example. All you had to do was wait for the sheathing animation to finish.

Also, you could very well press the select button and Dante could use a one-liner while still attacking. Ok, so I change my mind. Certain taunts can be used, but not the ones where I have to stop the action.

I'll be really disappointed if Bayonetta 2 doesn't have RG. The Witch-Time Dodge wasn't a good replacement, in my opinion. There's no excuse not to have it in the sequel.

I'm not saying that I have to buy it, but if there aren't any other action games coming out, I kind of have no choice on the matter if I want something with good gameplay.

It's either that or wait for Nordic Games to make Darksiders III.

Just out of curiosity unknown, Darksiders never had anything like dodge or royal guards, so why would you look forward to that games sequel? And even though I liked Darksiders, it hardly has the depth of a DMC or Bayonetta game, but maybe the new developers will make it a richer experience.

Kam

Just out of curiosity unknown, Darksiders never had anything like dodge or royal guards, so why would you look forward to that games sequel? And even though I liked Darksiders, it hardly has the depth of a DMC or Bayonetta game, but maybe the new developers will make it a richer experience.

because it had an interesting universe and it was recently sold to someone else, so we're curious to see how future iterations will look. If they look bad, we'll lose interest

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
at this point I'd argue that we're provoking each other. Then again I just like to argue about things...
>_>
Duly noted.

Well... see here's the thing. After defeating the first boss, you received some sort of wrist gauntlet. If you held the triangle button and the circle button (Y&B on the 360 controller) you were able to block... and hold that block. If you pressed it again, Death would perform a strike.

It wasn't nearly as good as Royalguard, I'll admit that, but if the mechanic were to be vastly improved in DSIII, then it could very well serve as a valid alternative to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

Just because DSII wasn't as good, doesn't mean that DSIII won't be. It's a (very) long shot, but it's still a possibility worth considering, when all is said and done.

because it had an interesting universe and it was recently sold to someone else, so we're curious to see how future iterations will look. If they look bad, we'll lose interest
Also, this.

Well, the world was probably my favorite thing about the game, but the gameplay definitely wasn't suited for replay value. It also was maddeningly easy to beat all the bosses, although I still loved them, because of the excellent music and animations (guardian theme is awesome).

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
i still keep hearing people go on about how the little wig joke was a slap in the face to fans.

....wait this thread was started yesterday? Are you kidding me, people are genuinely still whinging about that?
I didn't like that scene any more than the next hardcore fan because he looked incredibly stupid(and ugly) and it was very, very obviously a jab at the fans. I do want to point out that all these fans that have been raging on about how they're not going to support DmC or buy it or play it, that the scene was intended for the fans who ARE supportive of DmC and that it was probably meant to be funny (as in, ha ha, look how silly it is of them to tantrum about his hair) because that issue did become overused and old fairly quickly long before the game was released.
But then NT isn't in the thick of throes of the fandom itself, so I don't know of anyone who actually found that scene humorous.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
....wait this thread was started yesterday? Are you kidding me, people are genuinely still whinging about that?
I didn't like that scene any more than the next hardcore fan because he looked incredibly stupid(and ugly) and it was very, very obviously a jab at the fans. I do want to point out that all these fans that have been raging on about how they're not going to support DmC or buy it or play it, that the scene was intended for the fans who ARE supportive of DmC and that it was probably meant to be funny (as in, ha ha, look how silly it is of them to tantrum about his hair) because that issue did become overused and old fairly quickly long before the game was released.
But then NT isn't in the thick of throes of the fandom itself, so I don't know of anyone who actually found that scene humorous.

i found it funny. but my girlfriend who just played the game two days ago thought it was the worst thing in the world. when in comes to DmC she lives under a rock. so she didn't find out about it until then. but i wasn't just talking about the wig scene. its about how jokes like these in reboots and re imaginings of characters are taken so seriously. like in skyfall when bond said to Q "thats it?" and Q replied "we don't do the whole exploding pen thing anymore" and old bond fans got kinda ****ed at that statement

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
but my girlfriend who just played the game two days ago thought it was the worst thing in the world. when in comes to DmC she lives under a rock. so she didn't find out about it until then.
I don't follow. If she didn't know about DMC, then in why exactly would she think it was "the worst thing in the world"? Was the joke that bad to a newcomer's eyes? I'm sorry, I just need a bit of context, here.
its about how jokes like these in reboots and re imaginings of characters are taken so seriously. like in skyfall when bond said to Q "thats it?" and Q replied "we don't do the whole exploding pen thing anymore" and old bond fans got kinda ****ed at that statement
Heh. Good example. Even the smallest thing can get the mobs to pick up their torches and pitchforks.
Yep. :ermm:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I don't follow. If she didn't know about DMC, then in why exactly would she think it was "the worst thing in the world"? Was the joke that bad to a newcomer's eyes? I'm sorry, I just need a bit of context, here.
no. she's been a fan of DMC but i just got her hip to DmC

Heh. Good example. Even the smallest thing can get the mobs to pick up their torches and pitchforks.
you're telling me

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
no. she's been a fan of DMC but i just got her hip to DmC
Oh... well, hopefully, she's calmed down by now. God, I want to make Dante a geeky out-of-shape ginger now more than ever. Just to see what would happen.
neilxmen3bs.jpg

Smash. Definitely smash.

Really? I thought that part was funny XD
I didn't.
grumpy-cat.jpg

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
i did too. in the theatre i heard a few guys in in front of me and some friends say "thats a cheap shot. **** this movie". it was the craziest thing. and this thread reminds me of that moment so much
Maybe the James Bond fandom is not so different from ours after all...

Up where they blog
Up where they talk
Up where they stay all day on the foruuuuum
Posting free
Wish I could be
Part of that wooooorld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom