• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It seems another Person is interested in continuing DMC.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm expecting the worse common denominator version of DMC5 where its nothing but a cheap attempt to win the DMC community back. Will the fans take it? Hell yeah they will. Because anything with old Dante on the cover now will sell like hotcakes.
Capcom doesn't even have to try because the fanatical idiots will grab it without question like the blind sheep they are.

Then again, most of them also consider DMC 4 a good game so they have pretty poor judgement and sh!t taste in games.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Even if they give us a dmc5, what gurantee do any of you, who keep blabbering about "give me my 5", have of it being good? Do you want to see another poorly made game?
Another "We rushed it you buy it"?

I'm tired of this attitude. Let them release a dmc5 that meets our expectations and a little more, before you get hyped.

Even with a modest budget they can make an awesome Trish, Mary or Lucia spin off.
Graphical off the charts? No. But at very least you would get good gameplay and a good story that branches out the females.
I say modest because i know focusing alot of money on a Trish spin off will not be good business, as she is not main character.
Nero/Dante are main characters. Mostly Dante.

Be happy when capcom makes a good game, but don't get hyped when they haven't even given you a game worthy of such hype.

Hell, why should those of us who want dmc5 be hyped? Remember "We dont want Dante" or their very reason for rebooting original? Money and because Keji Inafune.
Yeah, they listened to Keji Inafune who left the company later on but when it comes to YOU PEOPLE (me included), our voices matter little.

When they were fine business wise, Keji Inafune's opinion is the thing, but you see now we have little money. So our "DEAR" fans are the ones who are the thing. Their opinions are valueable.

GTFO you scums.

//RANT OVER.
What the frick does the creator of MegaMan have to do with Devil May Cry? Are you drunk or something?

He has never worked on a single game in the franchise.

IncarnatedDemon

What the frick does the creator of MegaMan have to do with Devil May Cry? Are you drunk or something?

He has never worked on a single game in the franchise.
He has something to do with reboot happening.
Keji Inafune was on board when character design was being made.

But that's not what i am refering to, what i am refering to is that Keji Inafune was a factor for reboot happening. capcom decided to reboot and westernize dmc because Keji Inafune" Yo dawg i tell jo nippon games are dead!".
So capcom listened to Keji Inafune.

I won't repeat myself again, tatto this info into your hand so that next time i mention dmc + Keji Inafune , you can remind yourself of what i am refering to.
Now be quiet and let me speak without having to deal with your stupidity.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He has something to do with reboot happening.
Keji Inafune was on board when character design was being made.

But that's not what i am refering to, what i am refering to is that Keji Inafune was a factor for reboot happening. capcom decided to reboot and westernize dmc because Keji Inafune" Yo dawg i tell jo nippon games are dead!".
So capcom listened to Keji Inafune.

I won't repeat myself again, tatto this info into your hand so that next time i mention dmc + Keji Inafune , you can remind yourself of what i am refering to.
Now be quiet and let me speak without having to deal with your stupidity.
:banghead:
You're the only one being stupid. You are so caught up in your biased fanatical hatred for something you've never even given a shot that you are the epitome of fanDUMB.

Where is the proof that Kenji Inafune is the mastermind behind this whole thing? HE HAS NEVER WORKED ON ANY DEVIL MAY CRY. He's responsible for MegaMan and Onimusha.

. You are tangled up in your own little fantasy world and so blinded by your hatred for s f#cking video game that you don't even know where to just even direct your hatred anymore.

What's next? Are you gonna find someway to blame Ed Wood for DmC? Whatever. You probably don't even know the meaning of most of these words I'm even using.

Just stay in this little shallow hate filled circle jerk with the rest of the ridiculous fanatics on here. :sleep:

IncarnatedDemon

Boo-Is-Really-Tired-In-Monsters-Inc.-Gif.gif

berto

I Saw the Devil
HE HAS NEVER WORKED ON ANY DEVIL MAY CRY.
Inafune was the one who sought western developers and his last one was DmC. I'm pretty sure that DmC was his idea.

3000 posts! Woo. It's been a week of accomplishments. First I platinum 3 and now I post my 3 thousandth post... I think I'm ganna head out and get some sun or something.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Inafune was the one who sought western developers and his last one was DmC. I'm pretty sure that DmC was his idea.

3000 posts! Woo. It's been a week of accomplishments. First I platinum 3 and now I post my 3 thousandth post... I think I'm ganna head out and get some sun or something.

Yeah DmC was either Inafune's idea or Eshiro (the guy who this thread is about)....probably Inafune.

Inafune was very big up the Capcom management line prior to leaving so despite being in charge of 3-4 series he does have a lot of power over other IPs and a stronger say than say Itsuno and its odd that the likes of Ono has been said to have been associated with Devil May Cry. Its almost like Itsuno has less control over the series than we think and he just there to make the games good.

Plus DmC had to be someone's idea and all evidence points to Inafune although Itsuno and Eshiro are sort of guilty as well.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Inafune was very big up the Capcom management line prior to leaving so despite being in charge of 3-4 series he does have a lot of power over other IPs and a stronger say than say Itsuno and its odd that the likes of Ono has been said to have been associated with Devil May Cry.
Yeah, when you can say 'I created MegaMan' that tends to happen. If I'd created Mario or Sonic I'd provably have a lot of pull, too.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, when you can say 'I created MegaMan' that tends to happen. If I'd created Mario or Sonic I'd provably have a lot of pull, too.

The funny part is he technically didn't create MegaMan we only made his design and worked on Robot Master design for a while until Capcom literally had their fans start doing the designs for them.

Giving Inafune credit for making MegaMan would be like giving Makoto Tsuchibayashi credit for making Devil May Cry since he designed Dante or came up with his design. Although I give him credit for handling MegaMan the way he was after the first game and making the masterpiece MegaMan X.

I'm expecting the worse common denominator version of DMC5 where its nothing but a cheap attempt to win the DMC community back. Will the fans take it? Hell yeah they will. Because anything with old Dante on the cover now will sell like hotcakes.

Is it so hard for them to make a good game for DMC?

I don't want something rushed like DMC4 because,well,we've seen the result,it wasn't anything remarkable.

So it's better to take years into making a game that it will be great,it will appeal to people and be a plus in what DMC lacked,rather than having something poorly done in a short amount of time just for people to have something to play.

If they follow the first logic,then it'd be great but then again,we're talking about Capcom,and DMC4 had the best sales,so they probably think it's also the best in the franchise so they would probably make something similar to it..Let's hope not.

IncarnatedDemon

@DM "Anything with Dante will sell like hot cakes even if the game is mediocre"
That's not true.
Most people would probably not pay $60 for a standard or below standard dmc or H&S game just because of Dante.
They will wait til the game hits $30 or less.

For a fan of a game that was not exceptional and was described as "ok", "Not the best but not the worst", "mediocre", "slightly above average", not in gameplay only but in story department as well,
you sure showed great support to the game.

So why is it ok for you to buy a game like that, a game that has a rebooted version of Dante that's western, but it's not ok for original fans to do the same thing when it comes to Dante and a dmc5 if it turns out like the reboot, a disappointment?
Not that i think fans should buy dmc5 because it caters to them with Dante. I am a big Dante fan and i hate that reboot character , but even i would not buy a dmc5 soley for Dante.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
@DM "Anything with Dante will sell like hot cakes even if the game is mediocre"
That's not true.
Most people would probably not pay $60 for a standard or below standard dmc or H&S game just because of Dante.
They will wait til the game hits $30 or less.

I never said it was definite. I mean this would most likely be the result because fans will desperately want old Dante back. All Capcom has to do is recycle DMC4's gameplay, add a few new weapons, a few new moves (from DmC no less), and boom, the quantity (Classic Dante, old DMC feel) will outway the quality.

For a fan of a game that was not exceptional and was described as "ok", "Not the best but not the worst", "mediocre", "slightly above average", not in gameplay only but in story department as well,
you sure showed great support to the game.

I didn't buy DmC to show support, I bought it because it looked fun and I like punk edgy things along with Anarchy and heavy metal music. I could care less what the merits are. If it looks fun, then I'm gonna play it.

So why is it ok for you to buy a game like that, a game that has a rebooted version of Dante that's western, but it's not ok for original fans to do the same thing when it comes to Dante and a dmc5 if it turns out like the reboot, a disappointment?

I never said it wasn't. Fans can buy 20 copies of DMC5 for all I care. I'm just saying what will most likely happen if they make a DMC5; even if it's just a copy and paste from DMC4 with a few new mechanics on it, no one's gonna bat an eye because Classic Dante will be on the cover along with that classic DMC feel from the past games. Thus like I said; the Quantity will outway the quality.

Not that i think fans should buy dmc5 because it caters to them with Dante. I am a big Dante fan and i hate that reboot character , but even i would not buy a dmc5 soley for Dante.

I never said you. I said everyone else MIGHT buy DMC5 solely because Classic Dante and the classic DMC feel. Our fanbase isn't as proud as you'd think anyway.

IncarnatedDemon

That's what happened with Devil May Cry 2.
How do you know that?

I never said you. I said everyone else MIGHT buy DMC5 solely because Classic Dante and the classic DMC feel. Our fanbase isn't as proud as you'd think anyway.
That's just speculation. And if our fanbase was not proud, they would have bought the reboot. But alot people did not. And i could argue a portion of the sales of reboot may been from Ninja theory fans.

IncarnatedDemon

The fact that it was one of the highest-selling Devil May Cry games and was also one of the perceived worst. People seemingly bought it on faith alone, and they got burned for it.
Because in 2003 everyone was as connected as they are now? In 2003 there was tons of Youtubers making reviews and complaining about how Alien game sucks, and how dmc2 sucks.
Oh thats right.. Youtube was created in 2005.

Of course people bought dmc2 on faith alone. But DM said fanbase would buy dmc5 even if its mediocre just because of Dante. And your saying that dmc2 is proof of that?

How about people who played dmc1 expected, similar or better experience for dmc2, so they bought it.

And tell me, how come after dmc1, dmc2 sold well, and after dmc2 ...dmc3 sold bad and became worst selling game.
Was it because Dante was not in dmc3?

EDIT: reboot is the worst selling. I forgot.

DragonMaster2010

That's just speculation. And if our fanbase was not proud, they would have bought the reboot. But alot people did not. And i could argue a portion of the sales of reboot may been from Ninja theory fans.

Cause it wasn't Classic Dante on the cover.

Because in 2003 everyone was as connected as they are now? In 2003 there was tons of Youtubers making reviews and complaining about how Alien game sucks, and how dmc2 sucks.
Oh thats right.. Youtube was created in 2005.

There was more then one way to see reviews on a game besides youtube back then. But either way that still rpoves the fact that because it had classic Dante (or in this case just Dante) people automatically got it because they loved DMC1.

Of course people bought dmc2 on faith alone. But DM said fanbase would buy dmc5 even if its mediocre just because of Dante.

tumblr_inline_mxvpuwp3wL1r5pdqv.jpg

This is my answer to that.

How about people who played dmc1 expected, similar or better experience for dmc2, so they bought it.

I said copy and paste of DMC4 with a few new things added. DMC2 was a whole other factor though.

And tell me, how come after dmc1, dmc2 sold well, and after dmc2 ...dmc3 sold bad and became worst selling game.

No because DMC3 Dante was nothing like DMC1 Dante, it was a prequwl and didn't continue the story, and no one liked DMC3 Dante at the time because he acted like a fratboy party asshole.

EDIT: reboot is the worst selling. I forgot.

Haha, you tried to be funny. I'm in stitches.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Of course people bought dmc2 on faith alone. But DM said fanbase would buy dmc5 even if its mediocre just because of Dante. And your saying that dmc2 is proof of that?

People were pretty damn attached to Dante back then, even with just DMC1. He's a righteous dude.

And tell me, how come before dmc1, dmc2 sold well, and after dmc2 ...dmc3 sold very bad and became worst selling game.

Because people got burned by DMC2, although some people stuck with it. We can also take a look at DMC4's development, and how everyone went absolutely ape-sh!t over the fact that Nero existed.

People love Dante, and will definitely flock. Many more may have apprehensions and count themselves as card-carrying members of the Waitensee tribe, but people will still blindly follow it because of Dante. The same reason many other people blindly buy any other game simply because our favorite characters are in it.

DragonMaster2010

Because people got burned by DMC2, although some people stuck with it. We can also take a look at DMC4's development, and how everyone went absolutely ape-sh!t over the fact that Nero existed.

People love Dante, and will definitely flock. Many more may have apprehensions and count themselves as card-carrying members of the Waitensee tribe, but people will still blindly follow it because of Dante. The same reason many other people blindly buy any other game simply because our favorite characters are in it.

In fact, I think that's one of the reasons UMVC3 sold so well. Yes there were other reasons, but to this day, I still believe that MVC3 sold very well because a **** ton of the DMC fandom bought it because it had classic Dante while the reboot was announced.

And UMVC3 sold good because Vergil was in it.

Sunaka Marién

Juuuuuuust buttin' in real quick to confirm this, because DmC was indeed Inafune's idea:
"Everything began at the Capcom offices in Osaka. Keiji Inafune, then head of production supervising all games published by the company, proposed one possible line of enquiry: "If we produced the new Devil May Cry in the United Kingdom or the Untied States, what would it look like then?" While the producer's intentions seemed rather vague, Capcom Japan took the issue seriously and got in touch with the American side of the company."
Source: Devil May Cry - A Divine Comedy

M'k den, carry on guys <3

In fact, I think that's one of the reasons UMVC3 sold so well. Yes there were other reasons, but to this day, I still believe that MVC3 sold very well because a **** ton of the DMC fandom bought it because it had classic Dante while the reboot was announced.

And UMVC3 sold good because Vergil was in it.
Shamefully enough, I gotta admit I also only got UMVC3 because of Dante ._.

Top Bottom