• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Vergil good or evil in DMC3? And Why?

EnJ

Shade
AC DC :cool: why the weird question anyway ?

I just want to know how you decide who is better. For example, if "no metal/creepy Soundtrack" it's a downgrade (no metal? Beowulf theme is jazz or what?) in your opinion, will be interesting to see the criteria for this comparison

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's cool if you like insults and nonsensical,pointless arguments.
But don't worry I can easily destroy them.^_^

See? You're blind again because you see someone against DMC 3 or anything and you try to be on their side even if they're not right.
I like DMC3. I think it has the best gameplay out of all the series.

However, I'm not going to ignore its flaws. I haven't ignored DmC's, and I won't ignore the flaws of the third and fourth entries either.

I'm not biased. I can see things objectively for myself.

On the issue of capitalism:

True capitalism is about small businesses and Libertarianism (being able to take care of yourself and family without government aid, basically).

False capitalism is Keynesian economics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_economics

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...sian-economics-is-about-empowering-the-state/

Any economic philosophy that empowers the state is a part of big government. And big government is always bad.

Communism and Keynesian-ism are just two sides of the same tyrannical face.

Communism = Stalinist Russia

Keynesian-ism = Walmart, Microsoft, and shipping jobs overseas (so that only the low-paying jobs become available here)

It's all a part of destroying the middle class. The system currently in place is just there to keep us down.

aoshi

You know what ?? i'm getting sick of you

You can't call this a mature argument if you act like all act like irrational children who refuse to even consider anything?

Why even bother posting if you're just gonna go on one big tangent of blatant childish NUH UH NU UH !?

When exactly did our fully functioning brain devolve to such a primordial state ?? Since fanboism that when.

how pathetically dumb vergil's actions are and how there are other much more logical non-retarded interesting ways the story could have went.

Good lord do you have 0% of clue of what you're talking about right now...

36mf0.gif

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I just want to know how you decide who is better. For example, if "no metal/creepy Soundtrack" it's a downgrade (no metal? Beowulf theme is jazz or what?) in your opinion, will be interesting to see the criteria for this comparison
Actually i like DMC3's electronic soundtrack the problem is that it isn't nearly as memorable for me DMC1 just comes off as much better sounding to me and when you were not fighting you always had an ambient music in DMC1 in DMC3 you hardly had any "Quiet" moments.

Beowulf theme is more of an Electronic/synthesized Rock Not Instrumental Metal.
I-Dont-Understand-That-Referance-Reaction-Gif.gif

Reactions: Jak

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I can't really decide which has the better soundtrack. To me, something really memorable would have been Zelda MM, Megaman II, Super Metroid, or even Ninja Gaiden. DMC's soundtracks are great, but there's nothing that would put it in the Sands of Time category.

EnJ

Shade
Actually i like DMC3's electronic soundtrack the problem is that it isn't nearly as memorable for me DMC1 just comes off as much better sounding to me and when you were not fighting you always had an ambient music in DMC1 in DMC3 you hardly had any "Quiet" moments.

Beowulf theme is more of an Electronic/synthesized Rock Not Instrumental Metal.

So, only track what i liked in reboot was zombie fistfight (and fragment from lilith club). And now i can say that DmC soundtrack is downgrade from original series and call this a Fact? I dont think so. Yes i can say that i dont like this OST and this OST is bad, but this is not will be a Fact, this will be my personal (stuborn-hatish-fanboyish, whatever) opinion. In your case situation pretty same.

Vergil Battle theme 2 and taste your blood and main theme pretty metall-like. And this one:
And i surely forget something.

And i really doesn't remember many clear metall OST in DMC1. "Flock off"...and it's all what i remebered. But i prefer more "epic" tracks like UltraViolet in begining or sparda battle 2 or Awekening. Or something like this:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And now i can say that DmC soundtrack is downgrade from original series and call this a Fact? I dont think so.
Well that's clearly your preference and you didn't provide any reason as to WHY it is better other than "i don't like it" also known as "NU UH"
Yes i can say that i dont like this OST and this OST is bad, but this is not will be a Fact (stuborn-hatish-fanboyish, whatever) opinion. In your case situation pretty same.
Except it isn't smartaleck,you are just another DMC3 fanboy who just seems genuinely baffled by the fact that someone analyzing&dissecting DMC3 from an objective point is view is a heinous crime and completely biased(Obviously because that person must hate DMC3 so much to have an objective opinion)

you seem like you're trying to have a biased discussion by trying to convince people how to look at the game and what they should and shouldn't consider to base their opinions on,you clearly like the game that's cool. But I don't care to be limited about what I can or can not discuss.
Vergil Battle theme 2 and taste your blood and main theme pretty metall-like.
I think you're confused on how metal sounds its basically classic Rock.. without any disturbances and electronic tempo.

Take common enemy theme from DMC 3&1 for example

DMC1's OST comes off as Industrial Rock/resident evil inspired its also found games like prince of persia warrior within&Bloody roar anyway it doesn't matter what kind of soundtrack DMC3 has its entirely subjective because of everyone's taste in music my point was that DMC1's soundtrack basically was more atmospheric.

EnJ

Shade
"Except it isn't smartaleck,you are just another DMC3 fanboy who just seems genuinely baffled by the fact that someone analyzing&dissecting DMC3 from an objective point is view is a heinous crime and completely biased(Obviously because that person must hate DMC3 so much to have an objective opinion)

you seem like you're trying to have a biased discussion by trying to convince people how to look at the game and what they should and shouldn't consider to base their opinions on,you clearly like the game that's cool. But I don't care to be limited about what I can or can not discuss.

I really doesn't care a lot what are you say about game, i just dont like the way how you do that.
You think that you personal opinion is a fact. But it's sadly not like that. You say that environment design DMC 1> DMC3 (btw, i agreed with that) and it's a fact. You are designer or architector to claim that? I guess not, so it's just your opinion and nothing more. You say that story DMC 1 > DMC 3 (btw, i didn't agreed with that) and it's fact. But you not a writer i think (btw, how many books did you read in your life? fiction not schoolbook) so again, just a your opinion.
And putting some weird arguments it's not a deal to. For example the point about "all DMC3 environment looks like a fightings arenas, so they bad". Want some similar point of view? "all DmC environment looks like chaotic flying rocks, so they bad." Yeahho, i proved that DmC design sucks, now i only need to type word Fact in brackets, bold it and Ok.:troll: See how easily i can transform the best environment design in franchise (everything exept Virillity factory looks really cool for me, specially Dantes in-head world) into the worse environment design , with just using your type of logic.
Thats why i ask you to compare Megadeath and metallica. You are just so good in arguments excogitation:)
Summarizing, you actually can say everything you want even things like: DMC 2> DMC3 in gameplay terms, DMC1 > DMC4 in graphic terms, DMC4 ost sound like pop music etc. as long as you keep not call all that a fact, and use that in discussions it will be fine.

PS Give someone pls synonym of word "smartaleck" ^_^

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You think that you personal opinion is a fact.
mother-of-god
YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK !? OH MY GOD ! stay away from me ! don't read my memories ! you telepathic freak !
You are designer or architector to claim that?
No but i have 2 things

1) I have a basic idea of how a game level is supposed to be like and how it differs in various games.
2) I have common sense

The Castle,the Forest,the dark ancient cave it was all very uniquely designed with an Gothic feel to it whereas are there levels like that in DMC3 ?? simply put no everything is bland and vacant each room you entered was just empty hollow place.

Wheres in DMC1 you can remember distinctive places like the library,the underground sewers,the mirror puzzle room etc
so it's just your opinion and nothing more
Hmm yeah that's your argument here right ?? "You are WRONG! STOP BELITTLING MY FAV GAME!" IT IS THE MOST PERFECT GAME IN THE HISTORY OF GAMING AND SHOULD NOT BE CRITIQUED BY ANYONE ! If someone does... that guy better be joking.
But you not a writer i think (btw, how many books did you read in your life? fiction not schoolbook) so again, just a your opinion.
I just love how you pathetically fail to provide me ANY constructive argument from your side and yet question my legitimacy as a critique ??

Why should i tell you ?? I'm BATMAN !
h756E6029
For example the point about "all DMC3 environment looks like a fightings arenas, so they bad".
except its not my fault if you take it literally i was more or less just using it as a figure of speech and if you don't know what that is you can just leave now.
"all DmC environment looks like chaotic flying rocks, so they bad."
And batman looks stupid because he wears batcotstume,your profile name makes no sense because its not a real word.. that's the kind of asinine logic you're using
See how easily i can transform the best environment design in franchise into the worse environment design
I seriously can't help if your brain cells can't comprehend basic logic,i'm trying to have an objective discussion and you are just a persuasive butthurt fanboy.
As long as you keep not call all that a fact, and use that in discussions it will be fine.
Then what can i call a fact if everything just boils down to which one gives the most fanboy boners ? sorry if you're just gonna disagree you're welcome on the other hand proving me wrong is a completely different thing you actually have to start an unbiased objective discussion for that(Which i don't see happening in this thread for sure)

I can only get so much technical because as far as fanboy logic goes anything that intervenes in their personal thing is sacrilegious and pretty much wrong even though in some sense they might be factual.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Careful when calling someone's opinion "asinine" I really don't want to defend this guy, but I don't want to give him a reason to complain, either.

Like I said before, I'm objective when it comes to these things.

Random Note:

Oh, and I still don't like the Wind Waker chibi design. I had fun with the game, but to this day, I still don't like the light-hearted look.

See? I know what it's like.

Also, had DMC1 had DMC3's gameplay features (five melee weapons, royalguard, etc.), I wouldn't even be playing DMC3 to begin with. There needs to be a DMC1 remake -- like right now.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I actually called his logic asinine.

i couldn't care any less about someone's opinions.
Heh. I know. But this guy is looking to be the next you-know-who, and I don't want him to get any sort of leverage (being able to accuse you of "name-calling" etc.) he can against the more decent members of this site.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Heh. I know. But this guy is looking to be the next you-know-who, and I don't want him to get any sort of leverage (being able to accuse you of "name-calling" etc.) he can against the more decent members of this site.
I don't care actually as long as he makes some legit points if he gets to Mephisto's bipolar level then i'll simply ignore him.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Wow, so someone comes with an argument, and the only defense you have is to call that person a fanboy? As if you had to defend yourself in the first place.

Those two things you said you have - you know, common sense and a basic idea of good level design - yeah, I have that too. I've been playing video games since I was like eight years old, and I've been reviewing them for a few years. And yet, my opinion is completely opposite to yours. Imagine that. Like EnJ said, you might want to stop calling your opinions facts. We all have different criteria concerning what's good level design, and all the rest. That's why there's not just one reviewer in the world. Don't be like Chancey, arguing that DMC4 is a terrible game because he happened not to like DMC4 Dante. It's just such a childish view to have.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
stop calling your opinions facts..
And you stop dismissing the entire argument by calling it "Your opinion" you have yet to actually start an objective argument from your side instead of just going "You're wrong"

You might as well just say "I'm just not objective/open-minded enough to participate in this argument so i disagree"

Well i can also say that you have to prove them wrong in a completely objective argument not a fanboy prattle like this.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Wow, so someone comes with an argument, and the only defense you have is to call that person a fanboy? As if you had to defend yourself in the first place.

Those two things you said you have - you know, common sense and a basic idea of good level design - yeah, I have that too. I've been playing video games since I was like eight years old, and I've been reviewing them for a few years. And yet, my opinion is completely opposite to yours. Imagine that. Like EnJ said, you might want to stop calling your opinions facts. We all have different criteria concerning what's good level design, and all the rest. That's why there's not just one reviewer in the world. Don't be like Chancey, arguing that DMC4 is a terrible game because he happened not to like DMC4 Dante. It's just such a childish view to have.

Dude, let's end this. I guess you completely understand that this is off-topic and going in circles. 3 people have tried to tell the same thing, one is "stupid butthurt fanboy", one is "bipolar", and you have yet to start an "objective argument".

Ok.. now to be back on topic. I think Vergil is neither good nor evil. He's extremely selfish. I find him to be just like myself in a situation when my house is infested by roaches and I call pest control to kill every last one of them. For us humans, that is far from evil but if roaches could could speak, I'd be the evil-est of the evil.

aoshi

I find him to be just like myself in a situation when my house is infested by roaches and I call pest control to kill every last one of them. For us humans, that is far from evil but if roaches could could speak, I'd be the evil-est of the evil.

Are you saying a human life is insignificant as a cock-roach?????:lol:

Atleast, by the eco-system, Humans are a bit more significant than a cock-roach.

By that logic, Non-vegetarians are murderers.:lol:

Top Bottom