• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there hope for a Devil May Cry 5?

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I'd say that, MGR is way simpler than DMC but DMC and Bayonetta are tied when it comes to depth. I agree with others though that MGR and Bayonetta don't have that DMC feeling. MGR is unique with it's Blade Mode and Bayonetta feels more button mash-y. Still, if Platinum could do two games with a lot different feeling to the combat, I'm pretty sure they could pull off a DMC5 and make it still feel like a Devil May Cry game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Alright people. I've played all of the games in question, as quite many of you seem to have, as well, and I think I understand where everyone is coming from.

Is MGR a deep action game? Yes, yes it is. So why are so many saying that it's not. Well, just like Bayonetta, Rising isn't meant to be played like DMC/DmC, combos are inputted in a very different manner and it takes us DMC/DmC players some time to get used to it, or even figure out, in my case. But even beyond that, Rising, unlike Bayonetta and DMC, has one move that universally works, the perry, which allows players to almost exclusively utilise over everything else. It's so lenient and effective that the game doesn't force you to make use of other mechanics at your disposal because what for? Not like the game makes as big an emphasis as DMC or Bayonetta in getting a better score. No other technique works as well as it does, not the dodge, not any of the weapons in your arsenal, and the game goes as far as making crucial to beating bosses with it and it hardly requires that much skill most of the time.

I've seen people do some amazing things in this game but I have never been able to replicate or even grasp so I understand where people are coming from with this. The game doesn't explain itself, either, which I say is a good thing sometimes, allowing player exploration, but not in this case where figuring out the dodge requires an internet connection. But just because the game has one mechanic that seems to simplify the game it doesn't mean that it has nothing else to offer, just that they gave it an easy out.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Im pretty sure that if they collaborate with Capcom it will be best HnS in past 10 years. But for it to happen Capcom need to swallow their pride and P* need to surrender their ideals. Which i dunno if possible.

Yeah that's one big question mark. If P* were to make a DMC game, would the two companies collaborate? Or would it be like a separate parents kind of situation, where the victim will eventually be the game itself? Eh.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah that's one big question mark. If P* were to make a DMC game, would the two companies collaborate? Or would it be like a separate parents kind of situation, where the victim will eventually be the game itself? Eh.
I doubt Capcom completely separates themselves from DMC. It would be unwise. (though its capcom)

Judge

i agree i love platinum games but DMC has to be DMC
i do trust platinum would do a great job
but i honestly couldn't guess what there approach to the series would be like

You do know Platinum Games were original Team Little Devils right? Their the guys who created Devil May Cry 1.

If Platinum Games got back into the series they would make DMC games more akin to the original game than anything Capcom has done with the series.

They would do the sequels that they should've done before Capcom ran the series ragged with inconsistant quality.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I doubt Capcom completely separates themselves from DMC. It would be unwise. (though its capcom)

Btw, wasn't there a news some time ago that they registered the DMC trademark? I remember that news spewed a lot of "DMC5 confirmed" assumptions back then. Now we know it was for DMC4 SE but I mean, registering your trademark just to sell it off later? Nah.

Besides, I dunno if that's even possible.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Btw, wasn't there a news some time ago that they registered the DMC trademark? I remember that news spewed a lot of "DMC5 confirmed" assumptions back then. Now we know it was for DMC4 SE but I mean, registering your trademark just to sell it off later? Nah.

Besides, I dunno if that's even possible.
P* won't buy DMC. Most likely it be collaboration.

Viper

Premium
You do know Platinum Games were original Team Little Devils right? Their the guys who created Devil May Cry 1.

If Platinum Games got back into the series they would make DMC games more akin to the original game than anything Capcom has done with the series.

They would do the sequels that they should've done before Capcom ran the series ragged with inconsistant quality.
If they were given chance to design new game, them going back to the feel of the first game is debatable. They might be Team Little Devils, but in more recent times they made Bayonetta, who is closer in feeling to DMC4 than 1. Also, DMC3 was, while not highest selling, certainly most popular in series and DMC4 continued that success and became the highest selling game, with a very short teaser for SE making the fandom explode. It would be ridiculous to take it back to beginning, from business standpoint and in general, since fandom these days is made mostly of people who were drawn in by 3 and 4.

nephlim god

Its all a big if . Iv been getting my hopes up for a while now with rumours and such. I dont think we will see dmc5 for a while. Id it was going to announced at e3 or a little bit later then i think it would have been leaked by now. I really hope i get pleasantly surprised and im wrong but it could literally be anything they are working on

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
i think it'll be like the one with NT, outsourcing was it?
depends. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but it may be like one with SFIV which was partially developed by Dimps in collaboration with capcom. So it be like intern game produced with help of independent studio.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
this whole thing is intense.. how long again should we wait til it gets clear about this platinum thingy?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think some people are under the impression that if Platinum Games got Devil May Cry, that it'll be like DMC1. Times change, and sometimes, so does taste. What Kamiya felt back in 2001 for the Devil May Cry series and what he had in mind for a sequel, probably isn't in the same deck of cards for what he could be thinking now. Nothing is set in stone and this includes creativity. So for all we know, maybe Kamiya would want to do a Devil May Cry like Bayonetta. We don't really know.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Unlike some developers, Kamiya understands DMC and wether it be closer to Byonetta, DMC1 or DMC4 I'm sure he would be able to handle it effectively and deliver best results

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium

i'm aware that platinum games is made of previous Capcom employees including clover studios and team little devils

and like @DragonMaster2010 said what Kamiya whould of made then VS what he would make now are most likely vastly different things
or who knows maybe Kamiya has been secretly waiting and planing for this very moment i don't think any of us can say

and going back to my first point where i said "i honestly couldn't guess what there approach to the series would be like"
that goes for Capcom as well
i mean we haven't gotten an all new original series devil may cry since 2008
thats kind of crazy now that i think about it

outoftheblue

I love Bayonetta and MGR and I have no doubt they could do a good job gameplaywise, but I don´t really know if I want them near DMC with anything story or character related.
I know DMC´s roots come from them, but, as for today, I don´t expect a DMC1 quality repeat. Turning the whole DMC "cast" to Platinum gives me the shivers. The bad ones.

Veloran

I love Bayonetta and MGR and I have no doubt they could do a good job gameplaywise, but I don´t really know if I want them near DMC with anything story or character related.
I know DMC´s roots come from them, but, as for today, I don´t expect a DMC1 quality repeat. Turning the whole DMC "cast" to Platinum gives me the shivers. The bad ones.
The thing I'd worry about is how Kamiya constantly has Bayonetta Job in order to advance the plot. They might do the same thing for Dante.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, I've said it a bunch of times, that the ambience and feel that made DMC so RE was Shinji Mikami's doing, Kamiya doesn't like scary things.

Mikami is gone from from PG and while I am sure the action will be just great it will not be a game that resembles the original in ambience or attitude. Even the architecture might resemble the styles of the original but it will be more like DMC4 than 1.

Top Bottom