• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there hope for a Devil May Cry 5?

Viper

Premium
Old DMC past:
There is no DMC 5 ,because old DMC dead.
DmC present/future:
Will DmC 2 , because DmC's good review/sales.
DmC may have had good reviews, but sales were mediocre at best, and certainly worse than ones of DMC4. No one really knows what Capcom will decide to continue, if they continue with the series, but of the two old series has better chances.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Old DMC past:
There is no DMC 5 ,because old DMC dead.
DmC present/future:
Will DmC 2 , because DmC's good review/sales.

More like:

DMC situation - more likely to happen, the old saga is getting a lot of spotlight recently even outside the video gaming world (LOL yeah, dead), majority of fans (source of profit, btw) want it, Itsuno expressed his desire to continue it and last entry is best seller in the entire franchise.

DmC situation - extremely unlikely to happen, Ninja Theory isn't working on it nor they have plans for it, it's got a lot of backlash and disappointing sales and Capcom knows it would be financial suicide to continue it.

I'm sorry if you love DmC, but get real, man.

Frazz

General gamer
The chances of DMC5 are bigger now that we know NT is definitely not working on anything DmC related but knowing Capcom they may just re-release DMC3 with the on-the-fly style switching of DMC4 or something which I would still buy. The article claiming that something DMC related will be at e3 isn't official so I'm very skeptical of it. I think at E3 Capcom will show Deep Down (haven't seen it in a while), Street Fighter 5 and maybe SE or Sengoku Basara.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
That is surprising, coming from the company that thought Resident Evil 6 "failed to meet expectations" after selling how much, 6 million units? It was a huge number.

Maybe they don't expect as much from their "lesser" franchises. That would be beneficial to DMC5. Though seeing as Dragon's Dogma failed to become a franchise, and how DD Online hasn't even been planned to release in the west, I think Capcom has changed their minds about the solidity of DD's sales.
They're working on DD2, so how has it 'failed to become a franchise'? DD will most likely become a franchise with at least three entries. I don't know Capcom's reason for not releasing it in the west, but I doubt that Capcom suddenly changed their minds, and decided DD1's sales were not good... I don't see any reason why they would go back on what they said.

It's also been reported that there is a chance DD Online will be released in the west depending on the fans' reception. So my guess is that Capcom decided to change some things about Dragon's Dogma. Maybe the characters are more 'Japanesey', or maybe the story is. There's probably something they changed to make DD appeal to the eastern market more. Financially, it makes sense when you think about it: DD was always kind of Japanesey, which isn't that appealing to westerners. So Capcom's logic is to stop making DD appeal to westerners, but mostly (if not fully) on the eastern market, to squeeze as much money from it as possible.

The reason why they said RE6 didn't sell well, was because it didn't sell as they had hoped. Their sales prediction was 8 million copies or something, but it turned out to be 5.2 million (according to a site I just pulled up: gearnuke.com).
That's less than RE5 made too, which is another reason why they found RE6's sales to be mediocre.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The chances of DMC5 are bigger now that we know NT is definitely not working on anything DmC related but knowing Capcom they may just re-release DMC3 with the on-the-fly style switching of DMC4 or something which I would still buy. The article claiming that something DMC related will be at e3 isn't official so I'm very skeptical of it. I think at E3 Capcom will show Deep Down (haven't seen it in a while), Street Fighter 5 and maybe SE or Sengoku Basara.
Deep Down won't be on E3. It's exclusive PS4 game and only exclusive they announced will be fighting (we all know what it is.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!

Would they really show SE a week before it's released?

Frazz

General gamer
I think they would as there are many DMC fans who haven't kept up with the news on the series as they think that DmC is where it's going. They want as many people to know about it as possible.
Deep Down won't be on E3. It's exclusive PS4 game and only exclusive they announced will be fighting (we all know what it is.
That is very true! I didn't think about that.

Overall I just think that if they were making a DMC 5 then how did they have the time to do SE? Itsuno is directing it and I just don't think they'd give him less time on 5 to do a SE of a seven year old game. Like you guys I really hope DMC5 is being made but I'm pessimistic as to the chances of it having started yet.

Veloran

It wouldn't really make any sense, considering it releases over in Japan a week earlier (IE, during E3) anyway.

People have been speculating for a while that they're going to announce 5 at E3, which might even be why they've pushed the western release date of 4SE back by a week, to generate some extra hype for it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It wouldn't really make any sense, considering it releases over in Japan a week earlier (IE, during E3) anyway.

People have been speculating for a while that they're going to announce 5 at E3, which might even be why they've pushed the western release date of 4SE back by a week, to generate some extra hype for it.

What about that point some people make that they'd announce DMC5 at TGS instead of E3?

Frazz

General gamer

But you do have to consider that if they were working on DMC5 then why would they take time out of development to work on 4:SE? The DMC team worked on SE so why take out a year to work on a seven year old game instead of the sequel the fans want? And if they have been working on 5 then the work on SE probably wily have set them back enough to not have anything finalised yet... It just seems unlikely (not impossible) that 5 is far enough along to be shown at E3.

outoftheblue

It could always be a placeholder teaser, like they did with DMC4. Just a nod to the fans, a "gift" to keep their hopes up and interested in the series after their last move.
The SE could be the first step, a logical second one would be a 5. I also believe it´s too soon for anything substantial, but a teaser would be appreciated.
I would love to see what new designs they can come up with DMC related material on the new consoles.

nephlim god

Has there actually been any hints or anything about dmc 5 or is everybody just hoping there is going to be a reveal at e3

nephlim god

Apparently he will be attending e3 aswell. Surely we know just about everything we need to know about dmc4 se. So im a little more hopefull of a dmc5 reveal

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I see. I'm sorry guys but I think he'll be there just to promote DMC4 SE some more. It's not true that it doesn't make sense. It does. Even though we here already know everything about it, that's just because we're hardcore fans of the series and get in touch with every bit of news about it. Because we search for news.

E3 has global visibility and Capcom will use it to promote the SE more effectively than they've done so far. It's pretty obvious and normal.

I do hope there will be a DMC5 announcement obviously, but I think it would be tacked on after SE advertisement.

Top Bottom