• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Sparda still a legend?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Will there be a "legend of Sparda" in the reboot? I mean, what if there was more of Sparda? Like how he met Eva, when he fought alongside Mundus during ancient times.

Humans don't know of Sparda's existence except Dante, Vergil & Kat.

TheNoHeartedBeing

Its seem like Sparda is really all so powerful than how he was in the original series. In the reboot hes just a strong demon who fell in love with an angel.

EvilX-81

I kinda like that this time he's not as near godly powerful as insinuated in the original series, that instead he's just a powerful demon. Also that he and Eva ultimately failed. There could be an epic and tragic story in Sparda and Eva's last stands.

Sparda could still have some chops to him though; his power could be as great as only second in stature to the otherwise Godmoding Mundus.

thanashs

You wanna dance ? Let's DANCE...
In the reboot Mundus is the strongest demon according to Vergil....in the original Sparda defeated Mundus and his armies alone...in the reboot Sparda was imprisoned by 2 Drekavak demons...I don't think he is that powerful...and also it's not that Mundus couldn't kill him,as Vergil said he is banished and tormented forever , a fate worse than death..!!!

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Yeah, Sparda's not all that strong anymore. He and Eva fighting and evading Mundus together apparently wasn't as difficult for Mundus to subdue as Dante and Vergil was. Nephilim are the all-powerful ones now.

zarion

Sparda was Mundus' most trusted lieutenant and blood brother, one can assume that he was quite powerful and fearsome.
Dante only beat Mundus due to sheer dumb luck and partly because he cheated.
Sparda was caught because he did not take a stand and fight, he was more preoccupied with getting his sons to safety.
And his betrayal had been discovered, so he had lost the element of surprise when Mundus came.
If you assume that the giant chained statue is Sparda then he might be just some strong demon.
Mundus would not have succeeded in taking over the world without Sparda, that says something of his power.

scionicspectre

You bring up a good point about how Dante sort of 'cheated' to beat him. If Dante had faced Mundus alone, at the Hell gate, then I can only imagine what kind of impossible battle would have ensued. They're both lucky they got him out of there.

Then again, if Limbo did 'collapse' into reality, perhaps that was as strong as Mundus could become?

Top Bottom