• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

IS NEro Vergil's Son????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Apparently, we won't know until the next game.
Like darth_angelo45, i really, really, really hope not.

RedRose

Kael
i personaly really don't think so, if he is then i'll be very disapointed. vergil doesn't seem the type to get involved with women at all, much less anyone else. he hates the fact that he's half human, he thinks humans are weak and i highly doubt he'd get involved with demon women either.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd say...no. I think Nero is an experiment of Agnus and Sanctus in an attempt to 'recreate' Sparda in a sense, but when nothing spectacular happened they classed him as a total fail and kicked him out on the street to leave him for dead with a stuffed up arm (as a kid). That's when Kyrie and Credo picked him up and took him in. That's just my theory. I'd prefer it over him being Vergil's son (doubt he could be Dante's, hence the look Dante and Trish exchanged when Sanctus told them 'you didn't anticipate we'd find a descendant of Sparda')
So, Nero's either a failed experiment in my opinion...or Sparda had some fun before he actually died. lol

RedRose

Kael
clairavance;188079 said:
I'd say...no. I think Nero is an experiment of Agnus and Sanctus in an attempt to 'recreate' Sparda in a sense, but when nothing spectacular happened they classed him as a total fail and kicked him out on the street to leave him for dead with a stuffed up arm (as a kid). That's when Kyrie and Credo picked him up and took him in. That's just my theory. I'd prefer it over him being Vergil's son (doubt he could be Dante's, hence the look Dante and Trish exchanged when Sanctus told them 'you didn't anticipate we'd find a descendant of Sparda')
So, Nero's either a failed experiment in my opinion...or Sparda had some fun before he actually died. lol

i don't think so, agnus seemed pretty surprised and excited about ripping nero's arm off for experimentation once he saw it.

i think nero was attacked by a demon while protecting kyrie and something happened with his arm, i don't know what exactly happened but it's somehow linked to vergil, but not by blood relation, more like posession or something. which explains why he was able to remend yamato.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
He was injured in the shoulder by an Assault. That is actually pointed out and given that it is the same arm there has to be a connection there. I mean whats the difference between morphing the arm and morphing the arm in a sling? Why did they feel the need to point this attack out?

RedRose;188078 said:
i personaly really don't think so, if he is then i'll be very disapointed. vergil doesn't seem the type to get involved with women at all, much less anyone else. he hates the fact that he's half human, he thinks humans are weak and i highly doubt he'd get involved with demon women either.

True but getting "involved" with a random prostitute or whoever would not be an act of love it would be an act of Lust. One of the 7 deady sins, perhaps Lust is not seen as a weakness of his human side but a strength as it was Lust for power that drove him.

RedRose

Kael
darth_angelo45;188081 said:
He was injured in the shoulder by an Assault. That is actually pointed out and given that it is the same arm there has to be a connection there. I mean whats the difference between morphing the arm and morphing the arm in a sling? Why did they feel the need to point this attack out?

True but getting "involved" with a random prostitute or whoever would not be an act of love it would be an act of Lust. One of the 7 deady sins, perhaps Lust is not seen as a weakness of his human side but a strength as it was Lust for power that drove him.

what i meant by getting involved is just the fact that vergil is antisocial, i don't believe he would even do a one night stand with anyone, he only wants power, nothing more and nothing less.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I really really hope Nero isn't Vergil's son. That would make his existence way too cheesy. I am not totally rejecting the idea of Vergil having kids, I mean please, he has a kid in my stories, that kid is just not Nero. It's a little girl named Persephone.

It's also not possilable for Nero to be Vergil's son-- if Dante and Vergil are 29 in dmc 4 and Nero is 18. Vergil would have been 11 when Nero was born.

Zato-OW

King
He may or may not be Vergil's son. But from the looks of it he is. I'm hoping hes not though but if he turns out to be I'll be fine with it...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
RedRose;188080 said:
i don't think so, agnus seemed pretty surprised and excited about ripping nero's arm off for experimentation once he saw it.

I know, that just adds to my theory though. Like I said, maybe he was a failed experiment, and if I wanted to layer the story I'd say Credo was ordered to take Nero in and keep an eye on him, keep him close to the Order, 'just in case' there was some success to be gained from the trials they put Nero through eg. a delayed transformation of sorts.

But anyway. Just a theory someone mentioned somewhere else. I liked it, so I'm running with it :p

Does capcom disclose ANYWHERE exactly how Nero got his arm stuffed up, though?

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Not sure why people think Nero is Sparda's son... I mean, Sparda died way back when Dante and Vergil were so little, they can't even remember him. Nero is so much younger than they are, he couldn't possibly be Sparda's son.

Plus, Sanctus specifically says Nero is a descendant of Sparda, thus leaving us with 2 possibilities:

1. Nero is Dante or Vergil's child, thus Sparda's grandson.

2. Nero is the super great-great-great grandson of a son or daughter that Sparda had several centuries ago, long before Eva was ever born. This would mean that Sparda had a wife and children PERHAPS when he lived in Fortuna City as he served as its feudal lord, indicating it was during the feudal era of continental Europe. But, this leaves Nero with so little demon blood in him, that he might not be "hero" enough for the story, and Capcom likely didn't like this idea.

I, personally think the 2nd possibility is a whole lot less cheesy than the 1st...:D

Sparda™

Zato-OW;188098 said:
He may or may not be Vergil's son. But from the looks of it he is. I'm hoping hes not though but if he turns out to be I'll be fine with it...

He was meant to be Vergil's son, but that project was dropped due to Capcom rushing to get the title released.

The DMC4 Novel clearly hints on Nero being the direct descendant of Sparda, alias the third son.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Sparda™;188125 said:
He was meant to be Vergil's son, but that project was dropped due to Capcom rushing to get the title released.

The DMC4 Novel clearly hints on Nero being the direct descendant of Sparda, alias the third son.

I've never heard that. And i have never heard of a DMC4 novel either.:wacko:

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I thought the novel wasn't necessarily canon?
TBH I would rather Nero was Vergil's son than Sparda's son that would just be a pathetic lazy plot. You can't just change what has been drummed into us for like nearly 10 years.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
darth_angelo45;188136 said:
I thought the novel wasn't necessarily canon?
TBH I would rather Nero was Vergil's son than Sparda's son that would just be a pathetic lazy plot. You can't just change what has been drummed into us for like nearly 10 years.

^But we all know how lazy CAPCOM can be. DMC3: Special Edition, catch my drift?;)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Drift well and truely caught.
Basically, Capcom could put in anything that was in front of them, just to save time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom