• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is fiction dead?

Has fiction died?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i write a whole hell of a lot. not just fanfiction but songs, oringinal stories and poems too.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Anyone who doesn't post when they may have wanted to, is an ass in my eyes.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Devil Hunter 95;116397 said:
i still read ur fanfics its just i havent been on cause my mom grounded me

I know man. U r loyal, and I rep you for reading ^_^

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
For me, the tiresome aspect of it is that quite a few of the fics are stylistically homogenous. Characters and plot may have been altered but they follow the same basic format and style. Odd though it may sound, a few well placed battle scenes can be more effective than turning every moment into a fight or a prelude to one. I am also criticising my work as well and this is generic so don't take it personally. That's why I gave fics a rest. I wanted to do a DMC fanfic that reads more like a novel than a comic. I have nothing against comics in general but when everything starts sounding the same, what is the point of doing an intricate analysis of the text?

I'm working on 'The Precepts of Candour' atm but I have edited it and renamed it 'The Precept Keeper' When it's finished completely I will probably post it. As for DMC Fanfics, I'm dry of ideas at the minute. At least for one that sounds completely original.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Yeah alot of fan-fics sound the same. People need more orginality. Says me who probably does the same as the others lol. I think people read something if it is something that hasn't been done before.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I admit that my work sounds the same all the time.... Hang on.... No, tell me if it does.... I wish to know.

I have spent ages working on all my pieces of fiction, and although it may not seem like it, a heck of a lot of work has been put into each of them. Considering that I am working on 4 at the same time, it is obvious that they are going to sound similar to one another. My most original idea for a fan fiction up to now, has been my Devil May Cry short story titled "Ending The Rivalry". In this piece of fan fiction we see the beloved Devil May Cry characters showing more of their emotional side. It gives Dante and Virgil more of a human feel, rather then what I am use to writing.

I usually stick to big boss battles, funky locations and silly one liners. This is because it is fan fiction. Devil May Cry for me is all about the characters attitudes, the atmosphere and the story. I'd like to think that when you read mine, you can see how it is similar to the way it is in a Devil May Cry game.

If people are really that lazy just to post what they really think, in case they hurt the writer's feelings, then that is their wish. I urge those people though; that if they do have something they wish to say, they should go ahead and post it.

I have been working on fan fiction for a while now. I can give you countless times that I have put positive input into other peoples works. I can't entirely move along someone else's work, but I can be there to help. Back when Trish67 started her fan fiction here, I was straight in helping her out. I wasn't helping her as if to say "You don't know what you are doing". I was helping her because I knew that if I showed to her as a reader that I cared for her piece of work, then that would mean something to her.

Also with The Phantarch. I have commented on his work millions of times, and I hope to do that again soon ;)

Top Bottom