• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

In Defense of DMC2

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I wouldn't say the stories are bad in 2 though you'd finish a mission then somehow be in a totally other area with no explanation as to how you got there. 1,3,4 had decent stories they were cliche yeah but DMC is all about the combat and fighting awesome bosses and demons

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wouldn't say the stories are bad in 2 though you'd finish a mission then somehow be in a totally other area with no explanation as to how you got there. 1,3,4 had decent stories they were cliche yeah but DMC is all about the combat and fighting awesome bosses and demons

Duh! Motorcycle. Everywhere he needs to go is by a motorcycle!

Motorcycle Logic!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that DMC2 was, is, and always will be my favorite of the series besides DmC.

*prepares flame shield* *sigh*
I like 1 the best overall I mean honestly speaking none of the Devil may cry games are absolute crap or anything their all enjoyable to some degree :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like 1 the best overall I mean honestly speaking none of the Devil may cry games are absolute crap or anything their all enjoyable to some degree :D

lol Believe it or not, my least favorite is 3, the one everyone says is "the best." In my honest opinion, the enemy design was incredibly gimmicky and made them not very fun to fight. Everyone gets mad at the enemies you have to "fight in a specific way" in DmC, but they turn a blind eye to the "you have to attack from behind" Dullahans or the "guns are the only way to hurt us" Blood-goyles and Soul Eaters.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
lol Believe it or not, my least favorite is 3, the one everyone says is "the best." In my honest opinion, the enemy design was incredibly gimmicky and made them not very fun to fight. Everyone gets mad at the enemies you have to "fight in a specific way" in DmC, but they turn a blind eye to the "you have to attack from behind" Dullahans or the "guns are the only way to hurt us" Blood-goyles and Soul Eaters.
I don't like how in DmC their coded to specific weapons 3's enemies could annoying to but it had the best combat out of all original 4 games imo and I love Agni and Rudra

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
My personal "Best Combat" award goes to Nero in 4...
I liked Nero's combat it was very simplistic and fun I also like the devil bringer. When we got to play as Dante I got alittle sad because I liked Nero also liked his Red Queen

Tody

I heard a lot of negativity about DMC2, and really it's the only game in the franchise I haven't played yet. Luckily I have the HD collection, so after reading this I'm definitely going to give it a swing =)

8BitHero

Scrub
I heard a lot of negativity about DMC2, and really it's the only game in the franchise I haven't played yet. Luckily I have the HD collection, so after reading this I'm definitely going to give it a swing =)
One thing I've learned is that the DMC community bandwagon to hell. DMC2 is in no way as bad as it sounds. The combat is a huge improvement and was working towards style. Dante isn't really anything special but he had been define yet anyway. DMC1 he had terrible voice acting and dialogue. In DMC2, he's a character out of a Square-enix book. Really not bad of a game.
The Devil Bringer is my favorite DMC weapon ever, no doubt about it.
Do love the Devil Bringer. Made Nero a lot more interesting than I expected. Would like to know more about it though....

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
DMC1 he had terrible voice acting and dialogue.

Do love the Devil Bringer. Made Nero a lot more interesting than I expected. Would like to know more about it though....
I liked Dantes voice actor in 1 :/ its just the fill your soul with light thing is what most people nag about and Nero's Devil Bringer is enjoyable to play with

8BitHero

Scrub
I liked Dantes voice actor in 1 :/ its just the fill your soul with light thing is what most people nag about and Nero's Devil Bringer is enjoyable to play with
Unlike most people, I look at the character as a whole instead of that one stupid line. Granted it's funny as hell but in all seriousness the dialogue is just terrible. One part in particular -I felt, was pretty damn good actually that had some real emotion behind it combined with a great song was definitely one of the highest parts of DMC1. But in DMC1 in general is just bad with voice acting and dialogue.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Unlike most people, I look at the character as a whole instead of that one stupid line. Granted it's funny as hell but in all seriousness the dialogue is just terrible. One part in particular -I felt, was pretty damn good actually that had some real emotion behind it combined with a great song was definitely one of the highest parts of DMC1. But in DMC1 in general is just bad with voice acting and dialogue.
Thats such a good line! But I kinda wish he was the VA for 2 too looool even if Dante rarely talked

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Bro, that was like the best line ever. It showed that Dante was conflicted about why he really protected Trish, and that he painfully had to remind himself that this woman wasn't his mother.

8BitHero

Scrub
Bro, that was like the best line ever. It showed that Dante was conflicted about why he really protected Trish, and that he painfully had to remind himself that this woman wasn't his mother.
Not to mention that must hurt as hell. Seriously, those were some harsh words that made me sympathetic towards Trish. She was created to trick Dante only to realise that she is an empty hollow who has no meaning in life and isn't wanted by anyone. This only more pushed further by the fact she herself is capable of emotion. To be created and rejected by your creator, to be rejected from someone who you gained a bond with and to be rejected by humanity because you're a demon and to feel that as a demon with emotion must seriously be painful.
I'm probably reading to much into it, but I really did enjoy that scene. It showed Dante getting angry and also showing the huge amount of respect he has for his mother.

Top Bottom