• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

in all the dmc games, which dante rules?

in all the dmc games, which dante rules?

• dmc

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • dmc 2

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • dmc 3

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • dmc 4

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

I like him the best in 3.

BTW, you should ask the mods to put a poll up.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC1 Dante. Serious, but still funny. I hated him in 3 and 4 because he didn't take anything seriously. In 3 it was understandable, but he had no excuse in 4.

Meg

^ What about after he defeated Lady and she was all upset? He was serious then. But yeah in 4 he just got on my nerves.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DMC1 Dante by far imo he got angry, he got sad, he was witty without trying as hard and even his c0cky scenes were nothing like any other DMC game they were more of an intimidating tough guy c0ckyness rather than a "watch how funny I can be" c0ckyness. Everything about him was just more tough and manly yet human and vulnerable at the same time.
A much more entertaining and balanced character.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
dmc4 Dante. he knew absolutely that nothing in fortuna stood a chance against him so he played around and made sure to have as much fun as he could in a situation where he didn't have much to do. that and i love the fact that he annoys everyone. his jokes were lame but so are mine.

Dante showed more emotion in dmc1 because he was emotionally involved in the situation. it was his personal quest to avenge his family. and along the way he met Trish who was basically a clone of his dead mother a very emotional situation. but in dmc4 it wasn't really about him. he has never even said a single sentence to Kyrie and Sanctus had never done anything to him. for Dante that situation was nothing more than an inconvenience and Nero did most of the work anyway. not exactly an emotional situation for Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
darkslayer13;261977 said:
dmc4 Dante. he knew absolutely that nothing in fortuna stood a chance against him so he played around and made sure to have as much fun as he could in a situation where he didn't have much to do. that and i love the fact that he annoys everyone. his jokes were lame but so are mine.

Dante showed more emotion in dmc1 because he was emotionally involved in the situation. it was his personal quest to avenge his family. and along the way he met Trish who was basically a clone of his dead mother a very emotional situation. but in dmc4 it wasn't really about him. he has never even said a single sentence to Kyrie and Sanctus had never done anything to him. for Dante that situation was nothing more than an inconvenience and Nero did most of the work anyway. not exactly an emotional situation for Dante.

And you think I really care about the excuses? Bleh. >.> I hated DMC4 Dante, I don't care how good his excuse is, it still bugs me.

aka958

Don't trust people
I don't know why so many has a problem with him in DMC4. <.< I mean, in DMC1 he is emotional and deep, in DMC2 he is stone cold, in DMC3 he is let loose and wild, in DMC4 he is pretty much the same as DMC3 with added confidence.

I can't see the big "My god how annoying!" part of it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It was the fact that he was older but he acted like a frigging ten year old. It was annoying. In DMC3 it was fine cuz he was younger, but in DMC4 he has no excuse.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dante from the first Devil May Cry game. His appearance (clothing, hair, face) in DMC2 actually is the best out of all DMC incarnations. But character wise, I believed that Dante in DMC1 rules. Dante from DMC3 come second, though.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;261984 said:
It was the fact that he was older but he acted like a frigging ten year old. It was annoying. In DMC3 it was fine cuz he was younger, but in DMC4 he has no excuse.

Exactly, what annoys me even more is that he actually had opportunities to be deep like when
Credo dies
or when he parted ways with Nero after their second fight or the end of the game which would have been the most appropriate time.
He wasn't emotionally involved in DMC2 but he was deep in that so the whole family thing is not a good enough excuse either.

slice n dice

static x and dmc fan
slice n dice;261889 said:
give me your opinion on this and we'll see who wins by the most votes. who will win??? i have no clue.
by the way. the votes will end on august 31 so i can count the votes. on the first of september i will tell you guys the results

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
slice n dice;262012 said:
by the way. the votes will end on august 31 so i can count the votes. on the first of september i will tell you guys the results

You could make a poll, y'know. That would work better.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
slice n dice;262106 said:
so basicaly you ca njust call me a n00b.

Yeah... Try not to double post like that. There's an edit button for a reason.

To make a poll, when you create a thread, there's a little thing on the bottom asking if you want to make it a poll. Just check that box and then after you create the thread it'll ask you to add the poll to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom