• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'm Boycotting Platinum Games

Do you think Platinum Games could create a decent "Darksiders-type" series?

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
This is... just a decision I've made after thinking about it for some time.

At the moment I don't feel comfortable in supporting this company in any way; financially or otherwise.

Until they develop action game that's more like Darksiders II, one that has equal parts action, story, and above-average world design in the vein of metroidvania -- and less Bayonetta, which can, in my humble opinion, only offer good gameplay alone (and not even as good as DMC3, from my perspective) -- then I can't see myself buying any of their products.

And I didn't really enjoy the Wonderful 101, either.

To its credit, 101's gameplay could be used for jrpg-type games where you have to command an entire party, but I just couldn't get into it all that much.

Chalk it up to different tastes then, if nothing else.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's stupid to see people act like P* is the best thing since slice bread and always riding Kamiya's d!ck like he's some legend.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's stupid to see people act like P* is the best thing since slice bread and always riding Kamiya's d!ck like he's some legend.

Kamiya may be a bit of a dick, but he makes good action games, that much is certain.

However what people don't seem to realize is that Kamiya isn't the only worker at P*. There are a lot of other workers there besides him. Plus people think just because he made DMC1, that makes him such a grand games maker when he didn't even make DMC1 alone.

But like I said; good luck to you.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
But like I said; good luck to you.
Thanks. And all I said is that I'll stop buying their games.

There are other action games (both already made and future titles) that I can play, in any case.

Besides, had I never asked anyone else to boycott them, so this whole thing requires absolutely zero effort on my part.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Thanks. And all I said is that I'll stop buying their games.

There are other action games (both already made and future titles) that I can play, in any case.

Besides, had I never asked anyone else to boycott them, so this whole thing requires absolutely zero effort on my part.

Well I never really bought any of their games anyway.

Anarchy Reign Looked dull even in anime standards.
MGR was okay, but...it was pretty bland and repetitive.
Bayonetta is a joke. Period.
Viewtiful Joe was okay.
Never even heard of Vanquish.

DMC1 was the only game that I actually liked from Kamiya.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Well I never really bought any of their games anyway.

Anarchy Reign Looked dull even in anime standards.
MGR was okay, but...it was pretty bland and repetitive.
Viewtiful Joe was okay.
Never even heard of Vanquish.

Random video of Vanquish, I think this is somewhat of a speed run or something like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, etc. on their hardest difficulties while knowing all the glitches, tricks, etc.

One thing I would like to say about it: Vanquish is a fast-paced, third-person shooter. War Frame is the only game I can think off the top of my head that is like it. Because of the nature of gamepads, I don't think the game's genre lends itself well to being a fast-paced shooter. If it were on PC, I think you could break the game even more and feel more comfortable with the pace. Personally, it's a unique take on an oversaturated genre. Spec Ops: The Line and this are really nice spins on the genre.

DragonMaster2010

Random video of Vanquish, I think this is somewhat of a speed run or something like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, etc. on their hardest difficulties while knowing all the glitches, tricks, etc.

One thing I would like to say about it: Vanquish is a fast-paced, third-person shooter. War Frame is the only game I can think off the top of my head that is like it. Because of the nature of gamepads, I don't think the game's genre lends itself well to being a fast-paced shooter. If it were on PC, I think you could break the game even more and feel more comfortable with the pace. Personally, it's a unique take on an oversaturated genre. Spec Ops: The Line and this are really nice spins on the genre.

Kind of looks like MGR. Or at least an early MGR shooter.

Railazel

This is... just a decision I've made after thinking about it for some time.

At the moment I don't feel comfortable in supporting this company in any way; financially or otherwise.

Until they develop action game that's more like Darksiders II, one that has equal parts action, story, and above-average world design in the vein of metroidvania -- and less Bayonetta, which can, in my humble opinion, only offer good gameplay alone (and not even as good as DMC3, from my perspective) -- then I can't see myself buying any of their products.

And I didn't really enjoy the Wonderful 101, either.

To its credit, 101's gameplay could be used for jrpg-type games where you have to command an entire party, but I just couldn't get into it all that much.

Chalk it up to different tastes then, if nothing else.

Why call it a boycott? Most people don't buy their games anyway so you're not really alone.

That's because he and all of the guys from Clover Studios and Team Little Devil are all legends. DMC 1 and Viewtiful Joe aren't the only games they are known for. You forget God Hand and Okami. Plus, Kamiya isn't that large of an influence in P*. He's only directed two games, Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 and hasn't really touched any of the others. If you want to blame anyone, blame Atsuhi Inaba. He's either produced or directed almost all of the games.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Cool story, bro. That's the magic of capitalism: you support only what you want to support.

I've never played Darksiders II, just the first one that was given free on PS Plus, and it's a pretty boring game as a hack'n'slash; i've heard that Darksiders II has a more decent combat.

Btw, Kamiya was responsbile for RE2, RE0 (game design), Okami, DMC and Viewtiful Joe. It's not like he made one good game and gets praise from this, he was among the team or even leading a handeful of great projects along his career.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Cool beans and more power to you my friend. Im'a keep buying their and Kamiya's good games.
tumblr_m1ts8qjdn31qcq2vho1_500.gif

vjoegif.gif

tumblr_inline_mrrc14yAjb1qz4rgp.gif

i9RxmT7QOFJ6F.gif

tumblr_mj2ehkKYi31qhyvuho1_r1_500.gif

Trollface-gifi-29.gif

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Platinum games is a good 6/10 when it comes to games. Gameplay is bareable, but the over the top stuff is just stupid. Not even the GOOD over the topness.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Edit: I'm just going to post this here, because I think it holds true for 99.9% of all p* fans.
And if people are so willfully able to accept him again, and pretend all is forgiven just like that, then that says a lot about the fanbase he's catering to.
More than they're willing to admit, my friend... more than they'll ever admit.

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/yknow-what-i-cant-accept-this.17241/page-14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg, yes. Finally, someone sees that abomination for what it really is.
That's pretty sad; the fact that DMC1 is the only game we can actually put up with without having to headesk until we black out.
Why call it a boycott? Most people don't buy their games anyway so you're not really alone.
This. And the saddest part is, that most p* fans don't even realize it.
Platinum games is a good 6/10 when it comes to games. Gameplay is bareable, but the over the top stuff is just stupid. Not even the GOOD over the topness.
Bearable, but stupid. Kind of like that handicapped dog you just can't bring yourself to put down. =)
----------------------------------------------------------
To the haters in this thread:

Like I said before, this requires zero effort on my part.

Seems to me like you're all secretly wishing for my untimely death simply because you can't handle the fact that I'm not giving these idiots any of my money.

Christian-Bale-Deal-With-It-Reaction-Gif.gif

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Metacritic proves nothing. The fact that you even posted it as a "source" discredits your claim.

And now that you've resorted to MC to make your point, you can't say later on that "scores aren't everything."

But I know that you will... eventually. They all do in the end.

Top Bottom