• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Illuminating DmC Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
Before i start, have in mind DmC controversy is very big. I can't cover ALL aspects of it.

I don't get the hate for DmC
You don't? Then how about you do some research. People who often ask these questions are either lazy or trying to make themself or their opinions more valid by trying to get others to agree with them. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR why people hate DmC, i will show you why in later points in this thread.
But i wanted a own thing to adress this.
If you don't get the hate, then stand up and DO SOME RESEARCH! Your not going to learn how to make a game by playing games, you need to research, read books. This is the same thing.

Tameem Antoniades role
He has been disrespectful.

Here he talks about fans as if they are source of creative bankruptcy when his company has been tasked to create a established GAMEPLAY (DMC gameplay). And who other than developers knows this gameplay? The fans.
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/03/...ck-leads-to-creative-bankruptcy-ninja-theory/
But he goes on and makes this stupid statement. If fans are the people you need to listen to, to create a great DMC gameplay or a DMC game, why do you go out and express yourself this way about fans? Your not in a situation where your creating a new IP - which gives you great freedom to do what you want. So again, why?

Here Tameem calls Trish from Devil May Cry for a prostitute with a big gun:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/22/tameem-antoniades-and-the-trouble-with-tits/

Here he says Dante isn't cool anymore, and that he would get laughed out:
http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-theory-old-dante-isn-t-cool-anymore-184600.phtml
Which is ironic don't you think? There are a "easter egg" of with a white hair wig, a "devil trigger" with white hair + red coat AND a DMC 3 DLC costume.
And throughout DmC cutscenes NT's Dante does stuff that Dante does.

He has been disrespectful. DmC supporters won't agree, and will instead sugar coat it and say "Yeah he did bad PR for DmC" or "It's unfortunate" or something along the lines of it. I've seen few DmC supporters be straightforward and say "Yeah he disrespected Dante!".

DmC Bugs/Glitches
Go to Youtube and search "DmC bugs glitch". Infact i've seen many SEEMINGLY causual players encounter bugs. One video of two friends who encountered bug with Poison.
Another video where "Two Best friends play DmC" encounter bug with The Hunter boss.

So DmC has bugs to the degree that people who don't seek them out encounter them.

DmC flaws
Flawed ranking meter

Flawed Score
i.imgur.com/snJC8ZG.jpg

And issues with weapons (KAblooey and Aquilla) and bosses
The game has serious issues.

These are some flaws i've brought up.

DmC lacks
Turbomode for hardcore (On PC yes, but not console)
It has 30 fps instead of 60 fps. You may prefer 30 fps, and i prefer 60 fps, but anyone would agree that for a fast paced hack and slash smooth gameplay is a very good thing to have.

- No Taunt: If they claim they listened to fans - why are there no taunt? They didn't listen. They said it wouldn't work with the narrative perspective, but that's pretty stupid because what does you having a gameplay session have anything to do with a story?

The paid Media

The Sun has this to say abouit DmC (before review/release):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4697972/better-teh-devil-you-know.html
And they gave it a 9/10 in review:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4738656/review-dmc-devil-may-cry-xbox-360-ps3.html
Same site that teamed up with Capcom and Noisa to celebrate the launch of DmC in Portugal, who btw gave out merchandise:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...t-Noisia-to-mark-new-Devil-May-Cry-title.html

I won't go into other sites. But IGN is a obvious corrupt. They get something out of giving a "soft" review by the companies. So when a game deserves a 6 rating, IGN probably gives it a 7 or 7.5

One thing is 100%. DmC doesn't deserve a score better than 8.5. And i am sure even DmC supporters would agree with me on this. So ask yourself, if DmC deservs a 8.5, why are so many sites giving it 9 and 9.2 and 9.5?
Food for thought.

The Lie of Metacritic
Many DmC haters gave the game very low score. OVer 500+ gave the game scores that made the average user score of DmC roughly 3. Now it's 4 or something.
They obviously gave it a score without considering the game at all.

Pure hating.

You've hated too, admit it.
I was once a member of DevilMayCry.org. Yes, i am CoolDemon.

But i observed the behaviors of members. I knew who were skeptics, who were haters, and who were the "fanboys" if you prefer of DmC.
I was a hater, my hate was created by first and foremost Ninja theory. Later on it grew larger because of DmC supporters who defended the game no matter what.
DmC supporters who are through the eyes of some "respectful member". But in reality even these people have hated on people who've critized DmC. Not by saying obvious stuff like "**** them", but through the way they approach threads. When they see a thread like "DmC has a flaw" they would click it and try to critized or reply to the person imlying it. Because they don't want DmC to be considered negative.

And then these respected members of DevilMayCry.org also have taken part in hating on haters of DmC. Which is ironic - what's difference between those who hate on DmC and those who hate on DmC's haters? Hate in all it's form is the same.
And this is a fact: Not all DmC haters hate because of nothing. Hate is born out of love or like. DmC supporters you know this well, when someone critizes "Your Dante", you defend him. That's understandable. My point: Hate isn't something that is created by nothing. It starts from somewhere.

For a forum that states "Don't make threads where purpose is only hating on new DmC", the DmC supporters sure have had made comments where they have HATED on DmC haters. Why are you spending your time on doing that when you critizes DmC haters for hating on DmC?
Isn't it hypocritical to say "Don't hate on DmC" and you then take part in hating on DmC haters instead of discussing the game in all of it's topics?

What's new in DmC?
Many people would say DMC is defined by it's gameplay.

So with that what has DmC done to innovate the DMC gameplay? Nothing signifcant.
DmC included enviromental kills, but is that really a necessity in a hack and slash where your supposed to use skills? like this guy:

DmC brought more free camera.
DmC also had a nice innovative controll set up, where they used two buttons to make a attack (Rainstorm two buttons).

But other than that:
DmC brought really nice stage levels and motion capture.
But again, how did this innovate the DMCgameplay?

DmC is in same category as all the FIFA and CAll of duty games in that the gameplay of DmC is "pretty much the same" (with lots flaws though and less content).
60 fps was exchanged for pretty enviroments
Taunt doesnt exist in it.

And there is no option for a lock on.

The major thing by DmC is the motion capture and stages but as i said there are things that aren't in DmC because of this.

FAns want same old Crap, Then Capcom tried something new and they bite Capcom!
And i've seen people say that "Fans want the same old" but that's wrong. Fans WANT THE SAME OLD GREAT STUFF, all fans do. But they also want new gameplay stuff.
So fans NEVER want the same old, that's a lie. Anyone who says DMC fans wanted "same old crap" are LIARS.
ANYONE...

DMC fans wanted more story, BETTER STORY.
But that never happened. If you've listened to your fellow DMC fan if you were a DMC fan and not someone who became a DmC fan and proclaimed yourself as DMC fan as well: then you should know your fellow DMC fans are saying "Sparda game story", "Vergil game story". Yes, Vergil's downfall. But that's for DmC fans not DMC fans. There is a difference. Many DmC fans have become fans because they were fans of Ninja theory and caught the news of DmC. So DMC fans aren't receiving a "DMC : Vergil's downfall" while DmC fans are. And DMC fans are ones who've been suppportive of DMC.

Fans don't want same old crap. A good example of this is you DmC supporters, you guys are wating for a DmC 2 with gameplay better than DmC. Where the flaws, bugs etc are all fixed.

Even DmC story is to a good extent from DMC story
DmC is like DMC 3 with Vergil vs Dante.
And DMC 1 , with Kat/Trish telling Dante to come kill demons/Mundus.

Mixed with changes like half angel and demon, and angels and hybrids of angel and demon included. And V for Vendetta and They Live ideas ripped off.
So again it's really weird how some DmC supporters can stand there and mock DMC fans with "Fans want same old crap and then they bite when Capcom try new stuff", when DmC isn't a new story entirely and feels more like a retelling of DMC 3 story but done by Ninja theory.
If your going to mock fans for something like that falsely, at least take a look at what your praising first.

It's not new. Watch V for Vendetta and They Live.
Play DMC 3 and 1.

Telling DMC fans to **** off, and later blame them for DmC sales
I mean how low can some people go?
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-almost-halves-dmc-sales-expectations/0110372

Noone is to blame for the sales than Capcom, and Ninja theory because they developed game and didn't listen to fans when they said they wanted Taunts for example.

Not Ninja theory's fault
Capcom rebooted the game. The reason reboot happened is Capcom's fault.

But that doesn't mean Capcom paid Ninja theory's cofounder Antoniades to disrespect the fans or say Dante was outdated or similar. Those were things acted out by independt of the job.

Reboot is "Trying something new"?
It seems there is a perception going around that when you reboot stuff it's "trying something new".
No it is not, the concept of rebooting is a corporate practice to maintain audience to attract to a changed product. Example DMC fans will keep their eyes on a reboot of DMC even if they may not seem to like the game in beginning. But they will be potential buyers until end.
And in most cases many fans do buy the rebooted product which makes it safe to make reboots instead of new ips.

Want example of things that are "Trying something new"? Because DmC's gameplay is NOTHING NEW. It's been done before.

Metal Gear Rising - a Hack and Slash
And Kojima productions can with good concious do this (Metal Gear Acid was not a stealth genre either).

God of War : Ascension.

And both these games are so far supported by many gamers.
VERY FEW people are hating on the companies for this. The few who are have irationnal points which ain't valid.

So i ask again why is REBOOTING the only thing that qualifies as "Trying something new"? Because as far as i am concerned Rebooting isn't new, they take a existing product and change it a little to appeal to new audiences and at same time try to maintain existing ones.

The sheep mentality
Not questioning or being critical of companies or their practices.

For example Ninja theory and Antoniades said on twitter that Bloody Palace will come to DmC as a FREE DLC. You may argument that Capcom had no obligations for having BP in the reboot, and i will argue back that they do.
Throughout DmC controversy Capcom and Ninja theory has done everything to convince fans and others that DmC will be the best DMC game.

So how can the best DMC game not have Bloody Palace in it - a standard in DMC games.
It was introduced in DMC 2 not as a DLC or through a special edition. Later it was sold as a DLC through special edition (DMC 3 S E).
And then it was added to DMC 4 not as a DLC or through a S E.

And i bet if i asked many hardcore DMC fans "Is BP a important part of DMC games" they will say "Yes it is". So how can you again have the best DMC game without BP?
Thus i come to my main point how can Bloody Palace be a DLC or a "FREE DLC" for that matter when Capcom has been argumenting for that DmC will be the best DMC ever?
This is the sheep mentality.
Bloody Palace being a free DLC was nothing more than a PR scheme to make themself look good.

And your already paying 60 dollars for DmC. SIXTY DOLLARS.
That should cover Bloody Palace.

Ninja theory's PR Death threats
I don't wish Ninja theory any death nor mr Antoniades. And if anyone has sent death threats to them they should be ashamed of themself. Hate is one thing, but wanting someone to die is not acceptable.

Now, as i said there is this sheep mentality where people generealize all DMC fans have sent death threats. And Destructoid show girl hosts say "**** you" to DMC fans.
She didn't say "To those of YOU".
And here is the thing, the death threats that mr antoniades described has not been seen by ANYONE in Gaming industry.

The death threats described as "anti DmC comic and metal song".
These particular "death threats", i use " " because i havent seen these threats so i can say if they are death threats or not, seem to be anti DmC material blown out of proportions for PR.

I'll ask you all again, have you seen the particular death threats mr antoniades received?

Sheep mentality, you haven't seen it but you believe them so easily?
Then again id believe they receive death threats on twitter or somewhere, but i'll say it again, the particular threats they said they RECEIVED, i dont believe.
I've not seen those...

This isn't about "They have received death threats", this is about THE death threats they talked about. Because if you ask me , id answer "yes" they probably were written death threats on Twitter or facebook. But ill answer NO, to the question "Were the stuff Antoniades described as comic and metal song death threats u think?".
I haven't seen them..., how can i know?

The corrupt sites
Many so called "game journalists" have been **** stirring (causing trouble) than being ACTUAL journalists.
They have mocked and taunted DMC fans. Dont believe me?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-fans-are-a-crying-shame/

http://www.destructoid.com/fixing-dante-in-dmc--183981.phtml?s=151

The second link is written by someone who is obviously a biased DmC supporter.
He has patronized DMC fans for being annoyed at DmC reboot having the Devil May Cry name when they have changed so much. Which goes back to what i said about reboots, keeping the same stuff to try keep audiences = money.

Instead of being on gamers side the sites have many times made the valid complaints of fans nothing more of "white hair". MANY sites mentioned white hair in previews/reviews.
Gaming journalism doesn't exist.

Most sites are nothing more than companies who earn money by keeping a "good bond" with companies like Capcom.
And u dont get around by critizing their games or mentioning their flaws.

People like Angry joe have however. Where the "big sites" havent, people like Angry Joe have. What does that tell you? Do you believe IGN over Angry Joe?
Ign is btw owned by a company called Newscorp, same that owns Fox News.

Tolerated and respected
This is my opinion and MANY other peoples.

If Capcom made a new IP with same gameplay as DMC with Ninja theory, people like me would tolerated it. And people like you would respect it (DmC supporters).
Actually scratch that, i would respect it too :)

Because creation of new characters and new story should be respected. Dante in DmC could for example been a new character.
Overall the reception would be very good. But then it goes back to rebooting again. Safe money practice.

The True Rating DmC deserves
DmC doesn't deserve a 3.0 - that's just pure hating.
Some would say 6.0

Some would say 8.5.

But ask yourself "What rating has DMC hardcores given this game?". Dont point at a site like IGN or Metacritic or a site that doesnt know DMC gameplay.

Point at someone who knows what they are talking about. Someone who is a hardcore DMC.

And ask them "What rating did u give DmC?".
Me personally considering i give DmC a 7.5. It's nothing new. And the game hasflaws.

If you give DmC a 8.5. Tell me then what distinguinshes Call of Duty games every year, and DmC?

DmC is a lesser version of DMC gameplay with boss flaws, bugs, weapon overpowered, flawed ranking and score.
And no taunt. I wont bring up 60 fps.

Cal of duty games have great campaign (story) from what ihear, so if your going to use DmC's story as argument then it wont work. Plus as i pointed out DmC story is very like DMC stories.

So yeah, 7.5 is what i think it deserves.
This is a rating that says:
- It's not a great game.
- It has potential
but again it's not a great game.
And it didn't deliver what the companies made us believe it would.

IS it a good game? Yes, but it's easily on a bridge called "Good Bridge" with rotten planks that will break if you put to much pressure on it.

The Hypocrisy of Capcom
They said they would make DMC 5 or more DMC if fans wanted it. Fans have expressed themself, still no announcement of DMC game. FIVE YEARS has been since last DMC game.
DmC has obviously affected DMC fans's expcetations of a DMC game.

And if DmC sells well Capcom will not go back to DMC. If it doesn't they may milk DmC.
Either way Capcom is a hypocrite waiting for sale results before they decide what to do. They do care as much about fans requests as the sales.

Peace out

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Illuminating . . . ILLUMINATI!?! *gurgle noises*

Seriously though, really? This is why I don't like conspiracy theorists some times. Apparently the blackout during Super Bowl was caused by the Illuminati. It's a joke, but some people think that's the real freaking deal. Oh, remember the shooting at Sandy Hook? Yeah, definitely a conspiracy. Why? Because some ****s notice that one of the deceased happened to be the daughter of an artist (I think he's an musician). What dumbasses.

Anyway, on topic. With Tameem being disrespectful, I think it has to do more with how the community reacted more than him being a snooty jackass. The guy's been sent death threats, troll messages, hate mail, insulted by so many people, etc. If you were in his position wouldn't you be agitated and frustrated? And I know that he's the "face" of DmC, but he's human and Ninja Theory compared to many other developers such as Kojima Productions, Nintendo, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Level-5, Square Enix, etc. is like a child compared to them. So it's no wonder that he and his company aren't used to things like this. Plus, he's pointing out things in his own point of view, and while it's his own vision, that doesn't mean he's right or wrong. It's his opinion, even if it sounds snarky. Did he screw up with what he said, definitely. But does that mean he is overall a total ass, no. I always hated that, whenever someone famous says something, it's blown out of proportion or made into such a big deal. And when someone not famous says something, no own gives a damn. We're all humans, famous or not. No one is some damn god/goddess to be worshiped.

With the originality and "trying something new", in my opinion, there is nothing new to be done. Every story, gameplay, setting, etc. has been done before somewhere and sometime ago. Some are done several times. While others were done less. Zandatsu in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is essentially bullet time used in Max Payne, Red Dead: Redemption, Vanquish, and Bayonetta. All it does differently is introduce a more controlled version with swords. God of War: Ascension with its hack n' slash multiplayer. Yeah, done with Anarchy Reigns, Dungeon Fighter Online, TERA, etc., but in a more God of War style. Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale was ripped on as a rip off of Super Smash Bros. What? Is that the only game that can have gameplay like that? I bet there are other not relevant or famous games that have used a system like that. Sure PSAS:BR was more or less a clone of SSB, but still.

Oh, and I have watched V for Vendetta, but not They Live. I do, however, see the similarities between DmC and V. And we probably have seen media using politics, disenfranchisement, etc. before. It's nothing new, just more prevalent in our time. Try doing that in the 1500s, you'd get your ass kicked by the monarchies. In the 21st century, we've see many scandals, we're given more freedom, and we're able to create and see media like this without fear. So, of course there's more.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
There was and will be more hate for DMC2 than this will ever get. Just saying.
What? DMC2? What madness are you talking about?! I thought we only had DMC, DMC3, DMC4, and DmC. There was a DMC2? Boy, you need to take your medication. DMC2 does not exist.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
What? DMC2? What madness are you talking about?! I thought we only had DMC, DMC3, DMC4, and DmC. There was a DMC2? Boy, you need to take your medication. DMC2 does not exist.

Haha exactly my point. So if this game is "sooo bad" the creators will just continue with the original series. Though it would be awesome if they continued with both :)

Back to the OP, I commend you for compiling all of this info though and a lot of it does have valid points even if I don't agree with a lot of it as well. We will only know in time how it all plays out. I'd reply to most of the points you listed but I'm ready to crash after playing dmc3,dmc4 and DmC for the several hours while having the utmost enjoyment with all of them

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Tameem has every right to call out the fans on being stupid. Because they were and have been ever since the initial reveal. "WHY IS HIS HAIR BLACK HURRRRRR."

Also, I'm pretty sure you would get laughed at if you walked into a bar with a red leather trenchcoat with a huge sword on your back yelling JACKPOT, YEAH BABY!

Be realistic people.

GF9000000Returns

Haha exactly my point.

Funny how the old fans are now calling DMC2 a masterpiece. #ridiculous

Tameem has every right to call out the fans on being stupid. Because they were and have been ever since the initial reveal. "WHY IS HIS HAIR BLACK HURRRRRR."

Also, I'm pretty sure you would get laughed at if you walked into a bar with a red leather trenchcoat with a huge sword on your back yelling JACKPOT, YEAH BABY!

Be realistic people.
Amen!
I mean, be honest people, who was getting a bit tired of the old Dante? Tameem didn't say that to disrespect the fans. People were really starting to lose interest in his character because he's just there for the cameras now.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So your cooldemon?

Well that right there is going to cause a lot of longtime members to immediately right this topic of as blind hating.

you new antis are completely INCAPABLE of reading this

I've probably already been ignored by you for having a different opinion, but just to point this out this guy isn't a "new anti" he is banned member from a year back.

called it
dog-sunglasses-8.jpg

AlchemistFromEden

not to mention false information, "THE WEBSITES HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED BY THE EVIL POWERS OF CAPCOM AND NINJA THEORY, HURR DURR DURR" yeah, and i'm a flying moose

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
Before i start, have in mind DmC controversy is very big. I can't cover ALL aspects of it.

I don't get the hate for DmC
You don't? Then how about you do some research. People who often ask these questions are either lazy or trying to make themself or their opinions more valid by trying to get others to agree with them. It's CRYSTAL CLEAR why people hate DmC, i will show you why in later points in this thread.
But i wanted a own thing to adress this.
If you don't get the hate, then stand up and DO SOME RESEARCH! Your not going to learn how to make a game by playing games, you need to research, read books. This is the same thing.

Tameem Antoniades role
He has been disrespectful.

Here he talks about fans as if they are source of creative bankruptcy when his company has been tasked to create a established GAMEPLAY (DMC gameplay). And who other than developers knows this gameplay? The fans.
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/03/...ck-leads-to-creative-bankruptcy-ninja-theory/
But he goes on and makes this stupid statement. If fans are the people you need to listen to, to create a great DMC gameplay or a DMC game, why do you go out and express yourself this way about fans? Your not in a situation where your creating a new IP - which gives you great freedom to do what you want. So again, why?

Here Tameem calls Trish from Devil May Cry for a prostitute with a big gun:
http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/22/tameem-antoniades-and-the-trouble-with-tits/

Here he says Dante isn't cool anymore, and that he would get laughed out:
http://www.destructoid.com/ninja-theory-old-dante-isn-t-cool-anymore-184600.phtml
Which is ironic don't you think? There are a "easter egg" of with a white hair wig, a "devil trigger" with white hair + red coat AND a DMC 3 DLC costume.
And throughout DmC cutscenes NT's Dante does stuff that Dante does.

He has been disrespectful. DmC supporters won't agree, and will instead sugar coat it and say "Yeah he did bad PR for DmC" or "It's unfortunate" or something along the lines of it. I've seen few DmC supporters be straightforward and say "Yeah he disrespected Dante!".

DmC Bugs/Glitches
Go to Youtube and search "DmC bugs glitch". Infact i've seen many SEEMINGLY causual players encounter bugs. One video of two friends who encountered bug with Poison.
Another video where "Two Best friends play DmC" encounter bug with The Hunter boss.

So DmC has bugs to the degree that people who don't seek them out encounter them.

DmC flaws
Flawed ranking meter

Flawed Score
i.imgur.com/snJC8ZG.jpg

And issues with weapons (KAblooey and Aquilla) and bosses
The game has serious issues.

These are some flaws i've brought up.

DmC lacks
Turbomode for hardcore (On PC yes, but not console)
It has 30 fps instead of 60 fps. You may prefer 30 fps, and i prefer 60 fps, but anyone would agree that for a fast paced hack and slash smooth gameplay is a very good thing to have.

- No Taunt: If they claim they listened to fans - why are there no taunt? They didn't listen. They said it wouldn't work with the narrative perspective, but that's pretty stupid because what does you having a gameplay session have anything to do with a story?

The paid Media

The Sun has this to say abouit DmC (before review/release):
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4697972/better-teh-devil-you-know.html
And they gave it a 9/10 in review:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/4738656/review-dmc-devil-may-cry-xbox-360-ps3.html
Same site that teamed up with Capcom and Noisa to celebrate the launch of DmC in Portugal, who btw gave out merchandise:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...t-Noisia-to-mark-new-Devil-May-Cry-title.html

I won't go into other sites. But IGN is a obvious corrupt. They get something out of giving a "soft" review by the companies. So when a game deserves a 6 rating, IGN probably gives it a 7 or 7.5

One thing is 100%. DmC doesn't deserve a score better than 8.5. And i am sure even DmC supporters would agree with me on this. So ask yourself, if DmC deservs a 8.5, why are so many sites giving it 9 and 9.2 and 9.5?
Food for thought.

The Lie of Metacritic
Many DmC haters gave the game very low score. OVer 500+ gave the game scores that made the average user score of DmC roughly 3. Now it's 4 or something.
They obviously gave it a score without considering the game at all.

Pure hating.

You've hated too, admit it.
I was once a member of DevilMayCry.org. Yes, i am CoolDemon.

But i observed the behaviors of members. I knew who were skeptics, who were haters, and who were the "fanboys" if you prefer of DmC.
I was a hater, my hate was created by first and foremost Ninja theory. Later on it grew larger because of DmC supporters who defended the game no matter what.
DmC supporters who are through the eyes of some "respectful member". But in reality even these people have hated on people who've critized DmC. Not by saying obvious stuff like "**** them", but through the way they approach threads. When they see a thread like "DmC has a flaw" they would click it and try to critized or reply to the person imlying it. Because they don't want DmC to be considered negative.

And then these respected members of DevilMayCry.org also have taken part in hating on haters of DmC. Which is ironic - what's difference between those who hate on DmC and those who hate on DmC's haters? Hate in all it's form is the same.
And this is a fact: Not all DmC haters hate because of nothing. Hate is born out of love or like. DmC supporters you know this well, when someone critizes "Your Dante", you defend him. That's understandable. My point: Hate isn't something that is created by nothing. It starts from somewhere.

For a forum that states "Don't make threads where purpose is only hating on new DmC", the DmC supporters sure have had made comments where they have HATED on DmC haters. Why are you spending your time on doing that when you critizes DmC haters for hating on DmC?
Isn't it hypocritical to say "Don't hate on DmC" and you then take part in hating on DmC haters instead of discussing the game in all of it's topics?

What's new in DmC?
Many people would say DMC is defined by it's gameplay.

So with that what has DmC done to innovate the DMC gameplay? Nothing signifcant.
DmC included enviromental kills, but is that really a necessity in a hack and slash where your supposed to use skills? like this guy:

DmC brought more free camera.
DmC also had a nice innovative controll set up, where they used two buttons to make a attack (Rainstorm two buttons).

But other than that:
DmC brought really nice stage levels and motion capture.
But again, how did this innovate the DMCgameplay?

DmC is in same category as all the FIFA and CAll of duty games in that the gameplay of DmC is "pretty much the same" (with lots flaws though and less content).
60 fps was exchanged for pretty enviroments
Taunt doesnt exist in it.

And there is no option for a lock on.

The major thing by DmC is the motion capture and stages but as i said there are things that aren't in DmC because of this.

FAns want same old Crap, Then Capcom tried something new and they bite Capcom!
And i've seen people say that "Fans want the same old" but that's wrong. Fans WANT THE SAME OLD GREAT STUFF, all fans do. But they also want new gameplay stuff.
So fans NEVER want the same old, that's a lie. Anyone who says DMC fans wanted "same old crap" are LIARS.
ANYONE...

DMC fans wanted more story, BETTER STORY.
But that never happened. If you've listened to your fellow DMC fan if you were a DMC fan and not someone who became a DmC fan and proclaimed yourself as DMC fan as well: then you should know your fellow DMC fans are saying "Sparda game story", "Vergil game story". Yes, Vergil's downfall. But that's for DmC fans not DMC fans. There is a difference. Many DmC fans have become fans because they were fans of Ninja theory and caught the news of DmC. So DMC fans aren't receiving a "DMC : Vergil's downfall" while DmC fans are. And DMC fans are ones who've been suppportive of DMC.

Fans don't want same old crap. A good example of this is you DmC supporters, you guys are wating for a DmC 2 with gameplay better than DmC. Where the flaws, bugs etc are all fixed.

Even DmC story is to a good extent from DMC story
DmC is like DMC 3 with Vergil vs Dante.
And DMC 1 , with Kat/Trish telling Dante to come kill demons/Mundus.

Mixed with changes like half angel and demon, and angels and hybrids of angel and demon included. And V for Vendetta and They Live ideas ripped off.
So again it's really weird how some DmC supporters can stand there and mock DMC fans with "Fans want same old crap and then they bite when Capcom try new stuff", when DmC isn't a new story entirely and feels more like a retelling of DMC 3 story but done by Ninja theory.
If your going to mock fans for something like that falsely, at least take a look at what your praising first.

It's not new. Watch V for Vendetta and They Live.
Play DMC 3 and 1.

Telling DMC fans to **** off, and later blame them for DmC sales
I mean how low can some people go?
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-almost-halves-dmc-sales-expectations/0110372

Noone is to blame for the sales than Capcom, and Ninja theory because they developed game and didn't listen to fans when they said they wanted Taunts for example.

Not Ninja theory's fault
Capcom rebooted the game. The reason reboot happened is Capcom's fault.

But that doesn't mean Capcom paid Ninja theory's cofounder Antoniades to disrespect the fans or say Dante was outdated or similar. Those were things acted out by independt of the job.

Reboot is "Trying something new"?
It seems there is a perception going around that when you reboot stuff it's "trying something new".
No it is not, the concept of rebooting is a corporate practice to maintain audience to attract to a changed product. Example DMC fans will keep their eyes on a reboot of DMC even if they may not seem to like the game in beginning. But they will be potential buyers until end.
And in most cases many fans do buy the rebooted product which makes it safe to make reboots instead of new ips.

Want example of things that are "Trying something new"? Because DmC's gameplay is NOTHING NEW. It's been done before.

Metal Gear Rising - a Hack and Slash
And Kojima productions can with good concious do this (Metal Gear Acid was not a stealth genre either).

God of War : Ascension.

And both these games are so far supported by many gamers.
VERY FEW people are hating on the companies for this. The few who are have irationnal points which ain't valid.

So i ask again why is REBOOTING the only thing that qualifies as "Trying something new"? Because as far as i am concerned Rebooting isn't new, they take a existing product and change it a little to appeal to new audiences and at same time try to maintain existing ones.

The sheep mentality
Not questioning or being critical of companies or their practices.

For example Ninja theory and Antoniades said on twitter that Bloody Palace will come to DmC as a FREE DLC. You may argument that Capcom had no obligations for having BP in the reboot, and i will argue back that they do.
Throughout DmC controversy Capcom and Ninja theory has done everything to convince fans and others that DmC will be the best DMC game.

So how can the best DMC game not have Bloody Palace in it - a standard in DMC games.
It was introduced in DMC 2 not as a DLC or through a special edition. Later it was sold as a DLC through special edition (DMC 3 S E).
And then it was added to DMC 4 not as a DLC or through a S E.

And i bet if i asked many hardcore DMC fans "Is BP a important part of DMC games" they will say "Yes it is". So how can you again have the best DMC game without BP?
Thus i come to my main point how can Bloody Palace be a DLC or a "FREE DLC" for that matter when Capcom has been argumenting for that DmC will be the best DMC ever?
This is the sheep mentality.
Bloody Palace being a free DLC was nothing more than a PR scheme to make themself look good.

And your already paying 60 dollars for DmC. SIXTY DOLLARS.
That should cover Bloody Palace.

Ninja theory's PR Death threats
I don't wish Ninja theory any death nor mr Antoniades. And if anyone has sent death threats to them they should be ashamed of themself. Hate is one thing, but wanting someone to die is not acceptable.

Now, as i said there is this sheep mentality where people generealize all DMC fans have sent death threats. And Destructoid show girl hosts say "**** you" to DMC fans.
She didn't say "To those of YOU".
And here is the thing, the death threats that mr antoniades described has not been seen by ANYONE in Gaming industry.

The death threats described as "anti DmC comic and metal song".
These particular "death threats", i use " " because i havent seen these threats so i can say if they are death threats or not, seem to be anti DmC material blown out of proportions for PR.

I'll ask you all again, have you seen the particular death threats mr antoniades received?

Sheep mentality, you haven't seen it but you believe them so easily?
Then again id believe they receive death threats on twitter or somewhere, but i'll say it again, the particular threats they said they RECEIVED, i dont believe.
I've not seen those...

This isn't about "They have received death threats", this is about THE death threats they talked about. Because if you ask me , id answer "yes" they probably were written death threats on Twitter or facebook. But ill answer NO, to the question "Were the stuff Antoniades described as comic and metal song death threats u think?".
I haven't seen them..., how can i know?

The corrupt sites
Many so called "game journalists" have been **** stirring (causing trouble) than being ACTUAL journalists.
They have mocked and taunted DMC fans. Dont believe me?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-fans-are-a-crying-shame/

http://www.destructoid.com/fixing-dante-in-dmc--183981.phtml?s=151

The second link is written by someone who is obviously a biased DmC supporter.
He has patronized DMC fans for being annoyed at DmC reboot having the Devil May Cry name when they have changed so much. Which goes back to what i said about reboots, keeping the same stuff to try keep audiences = money.

Instead of being on gamers side the sites have many times made the valid complaints of fans nothing more of "white hair". MANY sites mentioned white hair in previews/reviews.
Gaming journalism doesn't exist.

Most sites are nothing more than companies who earn money by keeping a "good bond" with companies like Capcom.
And u dont get around by critizing their games or mentioning their flaws.

People like Angry joe have however. Where the "big sites" havent, people like Angry Joe have. What does that tell you? Do you believe IGN over Angry Joe?
Ign is btw owned by a company called Newscorp, same that owns Fox News.

Tolerated and respected
This is my opinion and MANY other peoples.

If Capcom made a new IP with same gameplay as DMC with Ninja theory, people like me would tolerated it. And people like you would respect it (DmC supporters).
Actually scratch that, i would respect it too :)

Because creation of new characters and new story should be respected. Dante in DmC could for example been a new character.
Overall the reception would be very good. But then it goes back to rebooting again. Safe money practice.

The True Rating DmC deserves
DmC doesn't deserve a 3.0 - that's just pure hating.
Some would say 6.0

Some would say 8.5.

But ask yourself "What rating has DMC hardcores given this game?". Dont point at a site like IGN or Metacritic or a site that doesnt know DMC gameplay.

Point at someone who knows what they are talking about. Someone who is a hardcore DMC.

And ask them "What rating did u give DmC?".
Me personally considering i give DmC a 7.5. It's nothing new. And the game hasflaws.

If you give DmC a 8.5. Tell me then what distinguinshes Call of Duty games every year, and DmC?

DmC is a lesser version of DMC gameplay with boss flaws, bugs, weapon overpowered, flawed ranking and score.
And no taunt. I wont bring up 60 fps.

Cal of duty games have great campaign (story) from what ihear, so if your going to use DmC's story as argument then it wont work. Plus as i pointed out DmC story is very like DMC stories.

So yeah, 7.5 is what i think it deserves.
This is a rating that says:
- It's not a great game.
- It has potential
but again it's not a great game.
And it didn't deliver what the companies made us believe it would.

IS it a good game? Yes, but it's easily on a bridge called "Good Bridge" with rotten planks that will break if you put to much pressure on it.

The Hypocrisy of Capcom
They said they would make DMC 5 or more DMC if fans wanted it. Fans have expressed themself, still no announcement of DMC game. FIVE YEARS has been since last DMC game.
DmC has obviously affected DMC fans's expcetations of a DMC game.

And if DmC sells well Capcom will not go back to DMC. If it doesn't they may milk DmC.
Either way Capcom is a hypocrite waiting for sale results before they decide what to do. They do care as much about fans requests as the sales.

Peace out
I agree with what you say and you gave this game a decent review you stated the bad and the good my opinion I would give it a 6.5 but that's me your right not many new stuff is in this game besides environment design which is cool in its own way but this game would have been ok if it didnt have devil may cry on it and was called something different It would have done good on its own

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I'll just leave this here.
Hey, thanks for lagging my laptop. Man, I hate this thing so freaking much!

Oh, and super serious thing, well look at about 70% of the games made during this generation. Super serious generic military brodudes, super serious female leads *cough* Lightning *cough*, super serious, super angry Kratos, super serious Gabriel Belmont, super serious Spheesse Mahrines, super serious Mario - just look at his hard, cold-blooded stare, a killer unleashed - super serious Batman who was super serious to begin with - Why so DAMN SUPAH SERIOUS?! -, super serious Ryu Hayabusa, and super serious, mute, cyber-brosif Crysis 2 main-protagonist-named-Alcatraz-but-no-one-gives-a-damn.

War is an economy. And fear fuels it. Let's play super serious games so we can be super serious and be prepared for super serious all out war.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Is the dude who made this thread for real? A prime example why the Devil May Cry fanbase is now one of the worst gaming fandoms out there. So much in this post was just so stupid that I can rip you a new one but you sound so dumb I don't think I should even bother.So...
hey-buddy-can-you-be-stupid-somewhere-else.jpg

Onecrazymonkey1

When will the negativity stop?

And that youtube guy really has no life.

Funny how the old fans are now calling DMC2 a masterpiece. #ridiculous

Amen!
I mean, be honest people, who was getting a bit tired of the old Dante? Tameem didn't say that to disrespect the fans. People were really starting to lose interest in his character because he's just there for the cameras now.

At this point I don't think the negativity will stop, this honestly reminds me of a bad breakup. I think haters are just doing this to get a rise and troll and yeah I am going to just call them haters; They are the very definition of hate, not for having a different opinion on a game and certainly not for voicing it but simply for not moving on. I haven't been on this forum for very long but everywhere I go I see the same people spewing the same negativity over and over again. When you go to forum after forum and see post after post you still see someone jump into the discussions not even related to asking if you liked the game. You always get someone saying "Hey this is completely unrelated but this game is **** for X and Y reasons and all my opinions are facts" it does happen to get tiring. Usually if I don't like a game I might state my points once and then move on. The best thing you can do if you don't like a game is simple.... don't buy it but please let the ones who do like it have a discussion without popping in every two minutes telling them why they shouldn't.

I certainly didn't find Tameen disrespectful and I even agree with him on some points. I think Trish and even Lady in DMC4 were way over sexualized. Should have he handled the situation better? yes but he is also human and was under a lot of stress; I know I would snap under all the hate mail and death threats. I also would find it slightly hilarious if I saw someone dressed like classic Dante; does that mean I don't respect or love the old games? no way! 1 and 3 will always be some of my top picks, does that mean I think DmC is perfect? no I don't, both DMC and DmC have their flaws and weaknesses but please for the love of god people move on already. I mean if people had this much passion for curing cancer or solving world hunger we would already be a better world.

Nero.

Hey, thanks for lagging my laptop. Man, I hate this thing so freaking much!
Image>Your Laptop Confirmed.:troll:
Is the dude who made this thread for real? A prime example why the Devil May Cry fanbase is now one of the worst gaming fandoms out there. So much in this post was just so stupid that I can rip you a new one but you sound so dumb I don't think I should even bother.So...
hey-buddy-can-you-be-stupid-somewhere-else.jpg

So in other words you can't refute the points made in the OP.

I expected better from you.:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom