• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you were given a choice to have either Yamato or Rebellion, which would you pick?

Yamato or Rebellion?

• Yamato

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Rebellion

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

noelttub

I would definitely choose Yamato. As shown in the "Judgement Cut" move, the Yamato can deliver fast and wide slashes great distances through the air.:O That move alone will make you invincible with the Yamato.^_^

Meg

Re: If you were given a choice to have either Yamato or Rebellion, which would you pi

I would pick Yamato because Rebellion is so big I probably wouldn't be able to pick it up :wacko: Weell that and because Nero doesn't deserve to have it. ;)

Good topic BTW

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Re: If you were given a choice to have either Yamato or Rebellion, which would you pi

Wow, I'm the only person who's picked Rebellion? I would pick Rebellion because I know how it handles... My friend has a replica of it that I've had the luckiness to use. Although if Red Queen was a choice, I'd have that because Red Queen is easier to swing. Yes, he had a Red Queen replica too. His uncle collects movie props and replicas of stuff from video games.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie

Rebellion because my brother used to have a big heavy sword like it and Rebellion reminds me of it.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

even if you ignore the demonic power of Yamato it still wins because it's a Katana. a real life normal katana with no magical powers can cut a person in half easily. add in demonic powers and the only word that can describe it is overkill.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

A broadsword could easily cut someone in half as well. It just requires a bit more skill to wield such a heavy sword effectively.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

DreadnoughtDT;266412 said:
A broadsword could easily cut someone in half as well. It just requires a bit more skill to wield such a heavy sword effectively.

a katana used far more easily and it's cutting ability is actually better than swords far harder to use. sure there are other ways to cut someone in half but using a katana is the best method.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

darkslayer13;266415 said:
a katana used far more easily and it's cutting ability is actually better than swords far harder to use. sure there are other ways to cut someone in half but using a katana is the best method.

I guess I'm just tired of using a katana considering I own one. :/ A broadsword would be more fun for me.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

DreadnoughtDT;266416 said:
I guess I'm just tired of using a katana considering I own one. :/ A broadsword would be more fun for me.

i would be happy to take your katana if you don't want it. i would love to own one ( or two.. or twenty.... thousand ).

the main problem is you aren't using it right. wander around carrying it and use it whenever someone annoys you. (Note: use of a katana on another person may not be allowed where you live please consult local laws)

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!

Yamato,katanas are much more fun to use than large swords.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.

I prefer the Yamato, a katana is made to cut people easily.

A broadsword is made to impaled and be used as a bashing weapom.

(I think...)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

The crazy demon;266419 said:
I prefer the Yamato, a katana is made to cut people easily.

A broadsword is made to impaled and be used as a bashing weapom.

(I think...)

a broadsword shares the same purpose as a katana to cut through the enemy. they just use different ways to accomplish that job. a broadsword ( along with most other large European swords) uses its weight to aid in cutting. the momentum of the heavy blade allows a lot of force to be applied along the small edge of the blade. a katana on the other hand relies on a specialty made blade that is sharp as a straight razor. it cuts through human flesh and bone with far less force.

Demon619

Deadman walking

I'd go with Yamato, I prefer smaller swords such as Katanas and such to large ones such as claymores and broadswords for some odd reason.

Lithyia

The Last Goodbye~

I've always loved Katanas,so I'm going with Yamato. I prefer a weapon that's easier to wield and quicker.
I'd pick Rebellion just for some major impaling lol.;x

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat

Easy answer for me. Rebellion all the way.

And not just cause it's Dante's blade, though that is definitely part of it. But Katanas are a dime a dozen lately - they've supersaturated everything. Plus if you've seen one, you've seen em all as far as I'm concerned. There's not a whole lot of room for individuality before it stops being a Katana. Rebellion is very unique. And what can I say? I do like big swords. :3

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

Well, I wouldn't be Vergil fan if i picked Rebellion... so i've obviously chosen yamato.

Rebellion looks pretty heavy.
But, I love Katana's anyway so, with me there is no competition.

V

Oldschool DMC fan

Lol, I think both Rebellion and Yamato would have to be handled by demons to be properly effective - Rebellion because a sword that wide and solid would be immensely heavy and hard to use even with two, let alone one, hand, and Yamato being a daikatana/nodachi would also require two hands from an ordinary person. Any one of us would suck at using them! ;)

That said, I would pick Yamato because I at least have a basic idea of using katanas and it would be lighter than Rebellion.

A sword like Rebellion has advantages in weight - it would be more likely to cut something in half or wound something fatally if an ordinary person swung it, whereas you'd have to be more precise and forceful with something like Yamato thanks to the thinner, smaller blade.

aoshi

Rebellion. Swords that have bigger dimensions are assumed to have disadvantages in combat. Yes they are but is sweet when such a huge sword rams into places with dante despite disadvantages. It is also why i stopped preferring katanas as they are light and require a sharper control and are not fun.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie

darkslayer13;266410 said:
even if you ignore the demonic power of Yamato it still wins because it's a Katana. a real life normal katana with no magical powers can cut a person in half easily. add in demonic powers and the only word that can describe it is overkill.

This isn't a thread about which one is better. It's asking what peoples personal preference is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom