• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

if you had a chance to play as dante

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I would, mainly because I have a genuine hatred for Nero.

What annoyed me is the fact that Nero had such a slim choice of weaponry, whereas Dante had a huge selections and in terms of character design, was a lot more versatile. (Granted, he DID wear a few too many belts...)

Nero just didn't interest me as a character, mainly because I felt I'd seen and played him before, if you've played Vergil on DMC3:SE and you've been connected enough to Devil May Cry to have played a game and used Dante, then you'll know precisely what Nero is like...Just with less weaponry.

Now I'm just being picky though, I suppose I can't help it, it's the game critic side of me showing itself.

I'll just summarise though; Nero did not live up to the standards Capcom promised and I felt let down by him, plus Dante had a better selection of weapons, along with the in game Style change system, a feature which I really did appreciate, it meant that playing with Dante, while more difficult, could quickly become slick and an intuitive method of play.

Keaton

Premium
Well...you pretty much can since Dante basically takes a backwards path through the levels Nero go's through...

But I would because I love Dante...^__^

But Nero is very cool too :D

evilweevle

hopefully theyl do this for DMC5, give the option to choose your character for the game at the start. cue unique cutscenes, bosses, upgrades, weaponry and the like

Sparda™

evilweevle;97779 said:
hopefully theyl do this for DMC5, give the option to choose your character for the game at the start. cue unique cutscenes, bosses, upgrades, weaponry and the like

Taken as your assumption, yes. I would like to play as Dante throughout the entire game.

Evil Nero

seperate storylines would be the healthy way around DMC5.
As long as Nero is playable , I don't mind whose in it
=)

Zato-OW

King
Whats up with you and Vergil. Anyway Yeah there is so much they can do with Dante like extra styles DA's...ect. His type of gameplay just has so much to offer.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Obviously.Who doesn;t want it?.Dante will defeat everyone else with no problems.Although Nero is good,but Dante is 1000 times better than Nero.

Ken(Dante)

i think you can play the whole game with dante but im not sure i also seen sparda and that nelo guy can be playable too

Top Bottom