• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas of fighting against spam.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
a)Make all posts with links, except links to devilmaycry.org, pre-moderatable (moderators will have to aproove those first).
b)Links/images with links in sigs must be disabled i think.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
What happens if you want to link a user to a sig though? I like to link my sigs to their creator so that I don't have text elsewhere that isn't needed. Also, what happens if a mod isn't on to approve the links?

Possible, you can't use links until you've got a post count of 5?

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Nice one too, Vaux, but if you'd read it more carefully... I think linking to Devilmaycry.org is normal, so linking to a user would be fine.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
To be more precise...
Code:
[img][/img]
would work in this case, but
Code:
[*url][img][/img][*/url]
won't. (Without asteriks of course :D)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
The SSStylish one;181270 said:
a)Make all posts with links, except links to devilmaycry.org, pre-moderatable (moderators will have to aproove those first).
b)Links/images with links in sigs must be disabled i think.

Some good suggestions. I'm way ahead of ya!

Regarding (a): We've had a system in place whereby all first-time posters who post a link will immediately be sent to the moderation queue for over a year now. This eliminates tons of spam as most bots, in most cases, only create a single thread with one spammy post and never return. Our net catches 'em and before any damage can be done.

Top Bottom