• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for an alien hack and slash game?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We’ve seen DMC involving a halfbreed of human and demon. Bayonetta half witch and half sage. Even Metal Gear Rising involving a ninja cyborg.

How would you picture an alien-based hack and slash game involving a half-breed of human and alien?

Human father and alien mother. Think Species and Independence Day. Even Area 51 and Ben 10.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It reminds me of Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy. You'd wanna have a space opera set in the far-flung future rather than modern-day Earth.

Granted having an alien warrior crash land on Earth and having to adjust to gun-based warfare could be interesting.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It reminds me of Star Wars or Guardians of the Galaxy. You'd wanna have a space opera set in the far-flung future rather than modern-day Earth.

Granted having an alien warrior crash land on Earth and having to adjust to gun-based warfare could be interesting.

Modern-day Earth would be exciting though.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Watch the movie max steel , then take that concept but change it to a half breed

Same powers with more added in and some melee weapons

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Watch the movie max steel , then take that concept but change it to a half breed

Same powers with more added in and some melee weapons

There's also a TV series of the 2013 Max Steel. Including the 2000 one.

But anyway, how would you all picture an alien-based hack & slash game?

A lightsaber & laser guns would be good.

But what if he gets new weapons & powers from various types of aliens? Look at Ben 10.

Goldsickle

Instead of a half alien, maybe something comical, like a student getting into an accident with a space cop from another galaxy and gets heavily injured.

Feeling responsible, the space cop preserves the student by attaching his head to a cyborg body until they can get his original body healed and repaired.
The student now has to do some work for the space police in order to obtain the necessary materials to heal his body and return to normal life.

Game mechanics involve him swapping bodies to change combat tactics or to blend in with his surroundings.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Doesn’t anyone have anything supportive for a hack and slash game for aliens?

I’d go for someone who gets certain alien DNAs for weapons and modes/forms.

DarkSlayerVergil

Doesn’t anyone have anything supportive for a hack and slash game for aliens?

I’d go for someone who gets certain alien DNAs for weapons and modes/forms.
I've been stirring an idea similar to this where it's a hack/slash game where the main protagonist who've been experimented on with alien blood/dna. Due to this our protagonist has a telepathic link with the alien that area has captured. The reason for the transfusion of alien blood with human blood is due to the alien weapons being dna locked plus this would let them know what said weapons are capable and if they would useful in benefiting them.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
My idea would be pretty simple, yet could be made grade A awesome if done right.
It wouldn't be as deep as DMC5 but would be pretty much on par with the good God of War games(the ones that aren't GoW2018).

(Story & Character)
For the character, I'd prefer a female character to be a "Bad Girl" archetype that could look alien as well as stylish and iconic as well as to spit in the face of the so called "realistic" designs of today.
Something like the designs of Webwitch or Witchblade:
2334578-webwitch2.jpg
witchblade-sexy.jpg

The Story would be pretty basic:
A symbiotic alien species invades and attacks earth, protag "absorbs" the alien power and uses it to fight back against the aliens.
The game's levels could take us from alien infested cities, to alien space ships, even to other planets and the like.
The actual story could involve something similar to "The Darkness" were the alien infection battles with the protag's conscious for control.

(Gameplay)
The gameplay would be similar to that of the good God of War games and even Bayonetta where the combat is brutal, violent and the main character's main attacks are tentacles that work similar to Krato's Blades of Chaos or Bayo's Alruna and she'd also have claw attacks as well.
Combat would also feature quick finishing moves similar to Doom's glory kills.

I'd love for a game like this to show up, especially in this day and age.

Top Bottom