• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I guess you're right. I thought Dante would have that Jotaro vibe though.
To complete the Joestar analogy, DMC3 Dante would be Joseph while Vergil is Jotaro.

V is closer to Giornio than Nero. If Patty wasn't just a one note gag she'd be Joelyne but there's always Trish and Lady.

Sparda would be Jonathan based on reputation but because of Dante's baggage in 3, he's also George.

Reboot Dante is closest to Johnny of Steel Ball Run. There isn't an equivalent to Gappy but there's always a sequel.

These aren't meant to be exact but just for fun.

Last edited:

windleopard

I don't know if any game has ever done this, but I would be interested in an anthology game with different sections or campaigns for differnet characters both new and old.

I think DMC can handle rotating protagonists like Castlevania and Resident Evil.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't know if any game has ever done this, but I would be interested in an anthology game with different sections or campaigns for differnet characters both new and old.

I think DMC can handle rotating protagonists like Castlevania and Resident Evil.
I felt Nero was more likable when he was with V in the later half. So i thought about him force to work with 2/3 other characters.

You ever saw Marvel's Defenders on Netflix? Just like that.

DarkSlayerVergil

Yeah DMC could definitely due for more world-building and parralels. I'm pretty sure Dante, Virgil, and Nero aren't the only half breeds just like Lady isn't the only demon hunter out thier.

Hungry Alien

This would be nice. People could play the character they want to, and no more time restriction with the 20 missions formula. Plus it would allow every character to follow his own development without having the player jump to another character. And every character could end his story line with a personal boss who would be the climax of the development.

Maybe DMC could follow RE more, and have alternative ending depending on the difficulty, or even more scene during the story. It would give another motivation for the players to finish the campagn in higher difficulty.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about a formula where every character has twenty mission and in final campaign will be 10 missions? It will show a surprise twist in the end of what's to come how the heroes can deal with the final yet true enemy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought of a story where two teenagers get superpowers from a demon. The game is split into two chapters- each from a different perspective. Ideally, once you beat both campaigns you would unlock the final one where Nero has to clean up the mess. The other two are unreliable narrators so Nero has to figure out who's telling the truth.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'll list some plot threads that were seemingly set up in both the games and outside media as possible angles they can take if they want.

1. Mundus's return (the most obvious and safest bet albeit arguably the least interesting but there are many ways they can make it interesting)
2. The Defunct Order of the Sword (the DMC5 prequel novel stated that there are surviving members who left Fortuna or just disappeared. They can always reappear as either antagonists, support/guns for hire for another big bad, rivals to Nero and Nico, or even allies/eventually reformed villains)
3. The previous demon emperor before Mundus (which is what I thought Urizen was going to be but oh well)
4. Machiavelli (while its been stated that Machiavelli passed away for all we know he could have faked his death and disappeared off the grid or his mysterious death could be used to set up some new plot or mystery. If not him but explore more about his history and any overpowered weapons/Devil Arms he may have made that could have world ending effects.)
5. Nightmare and its origins (the Visions of V manga set up more about Nightmare and it hyped it up as more powerful than Mundus and capable of destroying the Demon World. They can either bring the real Nightmare back or delve more into the lore behind its creation as well as Leviathan's since both are implied to have been created by the same power source and are both beasts in their own right. Leviathan is literally a part of Hell itself and sinners guilty of Envy are sent inside it)
6. Lady dealing with her trauma of killing Arkham (they set up that she is still deeply affected of the killing her father and with her and Trish basically owning Dante's shop the thing the franchise is named after so we bound to see more of her and Trish. DMC5 set up she still has baggage and they could if they want to set up that there was an actual demon/someone else who corrupted Arkham since at the end of DMC3 Lady believes that Arkham's corruption was mostly the fault of demons).

Ideas that don't have much to any set up but the cards are on the table so they can try it if they choose to.

1a. Vergil having to face repercussions for his actions (His actions in DMC3 and 5 would've created a villain out of someone traumatized by either event and that person would bear a grudge and go at any lengths to get his revenge against Vergil basically going down the same path that Vergil used to walk and Vergil facing the consequences of his past actions and trying to atone for them)
1b. Vergil and Nero father and son bonding adventure (this can happen in tandem with 1a)
2. World governments and demon hunting agencies on the rise (due to the events of 5 more countries and governments take demons more seriously and have started up their own devil hunting organizations or rival devil hunting agencies have started to pop up. Nico is probably sharing or selling some of her inventions and small pieces of Agnus' research to other governments and groups for profit. MGR Desperado devil hunting group could have surfaced with their own nefarious intentions. Could be tied to and associated with the remaining Order of the Sword idea)
3. Morrison expanding the business and taking it more seriously than Dante ever did recruiting even more hunters (probably ripe for spin offs).
4. Something about Nero's mom I guess.

Just a couple ideas. Also based on what I can tell its obvious Nero will most likely be the protagonist of the next game and Vergil (based on Dan's own words) will be around too.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'll list some plot threads that were seemingly set up in both the games and outside media as possible angles they can take if they want.

1. Mundus's return (the most obvious and safest bet albeit arguably the least interesting but there are many ways they can make it interesting)
2. The Defunct Order of the Sword (the DMC5 prequel novel stated that there are surviving members who left Fortuna or just disappeared. They can always reappear as either antagonists, support/guns for hire for another big bad, rivals to Nero and Nico, or even allies/eventually reformed villains)
3. The previous demon emperor before Mundus (which is what I thought Urizen was going to be but oh well)
4. Machiavelli (while its been stated that Machiavelli passed away for all we know he could have faked his death and disappeared off the grid or his mysterious death could be used to set up some new plot or mystery. If not him but explore more about his history and any overpowered weapons/Devil Arms he may have made that could have world ending effects.)
5. Nightmare and its origins (the Visions of V manga set up more about Nightmare and it hyped it up as more powerful than Mundus and capable of destroying the Demon World. They can either bring the real Nightmare back or delve more into the lore behind its creation as well as Leviathan's since both are implied to have been created by the same power source and are both beasts in their own right. Leviathan is literally a part of Hell itself and sinners guilty of Envy are sent inside it)
6. Lady dealing with her trauma of killing Arkham (they set up that she is still deeply affected of the killing her father and with her and Trish basically owning Dante's shop the thing the franchise is named after so we bound to see more of her and Trish. DMC5 set up she still has baggage and they could if they want to set up that there was an actual demon/someone else who corrupted Arkham since at the end of DMC3 Lady believes that Arkham's corruption was mostly the fault of demons).

Ideas that don't have much to any set up but the cards are on the table so they can try it if they choose to.

1a. Vergil having to face repercussions for his actions (His actions in DMC3 and 5 would've created a villain out of someone traumatized by either event and that person would bear a grudge and go at any lengths to get his revenge against Vergil basically going down the same path that Vergil used to walk and Vergil facing the consequences of his past actions and trying to atone for them)
1b. Vergil and Nero father and son bonding adventure (this can happen in tandem with 1a)
2. World governments and demon hunting agencies on the rise (due to the events of 5 more countries and governments take demons more seriously and have started up their own devil hunting organizations or rival devil hunting agencies have started to pop up. Nico is probably sharing or selling some of her inventions and small pieces of Agnus' research to other governments and groups for profit. MGR Desperado devil hunting group could have surfaced with their own nefarious intentions. Could be tied to and associated with the remaining Order of the Sword idea)
3. Morrison expanding the business and taking it more seriously than Dante ever did recruiting even more hunters (probably ripe for spin offs).
4. Something about Nero's mom I guess.

Just a couple ideas. Also based on what I can tell its obvious Nero will most likely be the protagonist of the next game and Vergil (based on Dan's own words) will be around too.

I like the idea of a defunct Order of the Sword. If there's any way a surviving member of the Order would be Nero's rival in someway (both vengeful & friendly). A way to make each other partners & friends.

World governments & new demon hunting agencies would do great.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I like the idea of a defunct Order of the Sword. If there's any way a surviving member of the Order would be Nero's rival in someway (both vengeful & friendly). A way to make each other partners & friends.

World governments & new demon hunting agencies would do great.

That would definitely work. Also, it would be possible to do something akin to what was done with Umbrella - as in, scientists who worked with that crazy guy* getting employment and essentially "exporting" demonic-tech sheningians to wider world.

* Yeah, I know it seems like he worked alone.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had an idea where Nero wakes up on Mallet Island....and has no idea how/why/when he got there.

Its a way to bring back the horror vibe and remake 1 without actually remaking it.

Goldsickle

What new gimmick other than grappling that would work with Devil May Cry?

What if they introduce a character that can copy the demon's abilities or appearance?
Like if you absorb a Marionette, you get the "war cry" attack to trap enemies in demonic puppet strings or if you absorb a Hell Sloth, you can teleport around, giving the character Trickster-like abilities.

Defeating humanoid demons like Proto Angelo allows you to assume its form when you Devil Trigger.
You can customize how many forms you can absorb at a time and which specific enemy you'd like to Devil Trigger into.

Kinda like Mega Man X, especially Axl's abilities.

Hungry Alien

What new gimmick other than grappling that would work with Devil May Cry?

What if they introduce a character that can copy the demon's abilities or appearance?
Like if you absorb a Marionette, you get the "war cry" attack to trap enemies in demonic puppet strings or if you absorb a Hell Sloth, you can teleport around, giving the character Trickster-like abilities.

Defeating humanoid demons like Proto Angelo allows you to assume its form when you Devil Trigger.
You can customize how many forms you can absorb at a time and which specific enemy you'd like to Devil Trigger into.

Kinda like Mega Man X, especially Axl's abilities.
I was thinking about a new character who would be able to copy enemies attack. He would be a pure demon, but from a special specie who can assimilate his opponent moves and replicate them. He would also be an intelligent demon who doesn't seek to kill out of instinct and doesn't follow a bigger demon, and who can communicate. Since we got so little about how the demon world work, it could be nice to have an actual demon join the cast.

Goldsickle

I was thinking about a new character who would be able to copy enemies attack. He would be a pure demon, but from a special specie who can assimilate his opponent moves and replicate them. He would also be an intelligent demon who doesn't seek to kill out of instinct and doesn't follow a bigger demon, and who can communicate. Since we got so little about how the demon world work, it could be nice to have an actual demon join the cast.
Yeah, I mean how come Sparda is the only pure demon that fights for humans?

Every other demon in the series are always prideful f***s, with the usual "HUMANS ARE INFERIOR" or "HOW COULD A HUMAN DEFEAT ME!??" speeches.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Yeah, I mean how come Sparda is the only pure demon that fights for humans?

Every other demon in the series are always prideful f***s, with the usual "HUMANS ARE INFERIOR" or "HOW COULD A HUMAN DEFEAT ME!??" speeches.

Not necessarily - weren't there those two guys who helped Sparda? That being said, I would like more demons who fight for humans - after all, demons are bound to have their own disagreements, and some might have come to live in human world to escape that stuff.

Top Bottom