• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for a Devil May Cry 6?

Who would you have the game’s protagonist?

• New and original character(s)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Nero

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Legendary Dark Knight Sparda

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Dante

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Vergil

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Have a massive plot twist , and it turns out Mundus is the separated evil side of sparda

And the good sparda is imprisoned as him dying would kill Mundus

Have sparda be insane from captivity, and him and Mundus rejoin for a much greater power

and it takes Dante and Vergil and Nero to beat him , but this time they have to finish him off [\spoiler]permanently

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Have a massive plot twist , and it turns out Mundus is the separated evil side of sparda

And the good sparda is imprisoned as him dying would kill Mundus

Have sparda be insane from captivity, and him and Mundus rejoin for a much greater power

And it takes Dante and Vergil and Nero to beat him , but this time they have to finish him off permanently
So all this time Sparda has been trying to kill his own descendants? I like the idea from the reboot where Mundus and Sparda were brothers.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Evil side of sparda is trying to kill them as a way get at good sparda

And as punishment for his union with a human

He doesn't want any offspring to come kill him or free the good sparda

Just an idea I had

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Picard

It is the same as urizen , and that makes it more tragic as vergil sought so much to be like his father

That the same thing ended up happening to him that happened to sparda

Except spardas good side didn't win , and ended up going insane and becoming evil too

Giving birth to a new power that will in the end kill him , and kill his sons taking him down

Leaving Nero alone , and then it turns out he isn't alone as Kyrie is pregnant[\spoiler]

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've mentioned this before, but now that demons have been completely exposed to the public there's probably going to be adverse reactions such as governments trying to crack down on anyone with a hint of demonic nature which obviously puts hybrids like Nero or full demons like Trish in a sticky bind.

You're also going to get more people obsessed with demonic power like Arkham but now in much larger groups which also would be problematic.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Yes, there could be soo much done with that. Maybe have that for the next game, and leave @ef9 o shea plot for the one after that?

You could have humans hunting demons, demons hunting humans, demons hunting demons, humans hunting humans... there would be a lot of paranoia since many demons look human... and a governmental agency which dabbles in demonic power to counter demons / hybrids, and ends up using that power to power up its own troops a la super-soldiers from Prototype...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Super soldier serum still wouldn't put men on par with demons though

It would need to be a supernatural element , by ritual or Ascension or other means to give humans a fighting chance

But even then it wouldn't stack up to high tier demons and generals

So they would need new types of ammunition, holy water coated bullets and tank rounds

Napalm strikes

And more

Picard

Starfleet Demon
That was my idea, actually. Something similar to what Order of the Sword was doing with Ascension ceremony, but more limited - soldiers don't look as obviously demonic as transformed Credo and A-A-Agnus did, and are weaker, but still far more powerful than normal humans. And once higher-ups realize what you just pointed out, they look for ways to make powerful demons possess soldiers, and soldiers get taken over... and you have your plot.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
And a guy on youtube had an idea:
DMC6 is about Nero getting married and finding Vergil and Dante to invite (drag) them to his wedding

Best thing, I could actually see it work, though more likely as a bonus content rather than main game. A playable epilogue, maybe?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Cybernetic power suits would be a good starts , and breaker equipment for amputee soldiers and version for ones with all limbs of course

Maybe leg breakers too

And power suits to augment and boost strength and speed

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Have the Hellfire Club be the next enemy as they'll revive Mundus. Mundus can return into something human to make things interesting for Nero. Or have a new demon powerful as Mundus be what the club revives.

DarkSlayer54

I've mentioned this before, but now that demons have been completely exposed to the public there's probably going to be adverse reactions such as governments trying to crack down on anyone with a hint of demonic nature which obviously puts hybrids like Nero or full demons like Trish in a sticky bind.

You're also going to get more people obsessed with demonic power like Arkham but now in much larger groups which also would be problematic.

There's so much that could be done with that. I wouldn't mind seeing a Dante vs Humans game, where he has to convince them they're screwed without him being a protector.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Exploring the Demon World with Dante wouldn't be bad for a side campaign. Would be nice to have a much clearer look at it rather than the occasional glimpse at the end of previous games. Also would help give variety to level design which was one of the problems I had with 5.

Top Bottom