• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'd like to read

Viper

Premium
A non-bias translation of the deadly fortune novel one day.

The opinion filled summary bothers me for some reason.
Same here, I'm rolling my eyes each time. I know one should not look gifted horse in the mouth, but that summary serves as reference to non-Japanese speaking fans, it should have been written with that in mind.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Novel sheds some light on what is going in Dante's mind, like how his father was, his mother, Vergil... etc..It explains some little facts about what's going on in the cutscenes.
Major contradiction is that Dante first gets his DA back and later fight the bosses.
It doesn't help most of summary translator rants about how she doesn't like it and how wrong it is what she found out there.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
It doesn't help most of summary translator rants about how she doesn't like it and how wrong it is what she found out there.

Can't blame her, but yeah, she should have kept those rants out if the goal was to provide a translation for non Japanese people. That's not how you do it.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Can't blame her, but yeah, she should have kept those rants out if the goal was to provide a translation for non Japanese people. That's not how you do it.
Not only that!Novel summary had a thread associated to it,so she just need to hold her rant in summary's description and say whatever she wanted in that thread.
After all that summary is the closest we have to that *bip* novel and to find out about other little things novel had, I had to search for it in Japanese sites and spent money on translations.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There'll never be one. The DMC fan base suffers from a lack of Japanese speakers. We're not big enough and while there are a lot of people who play the game and among them many who are Japanese speakers there are none who are interested enough to track down materials and translate them. The best I've gotten was people who translated material for DMC1 because they were fans of RE.

The audience is just not enough to get either official translations nor fan ones. If this were back in '05 to '07 it'd be a different story, DMC3 was the pinnacle of the fandom and it started to drop after. DMC is just not as big as it was, not with the long gaps between releases.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Gods, I thought I was the only one put-out by that p!ss poor excuse for a summary. Yeah, it would be nice if an actual translation was done up, but if it ever happens, it'll probably be many moons from now; maybe during another anniversary resurgence of interest in the franchise. Who knows? *Shrug*

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
many who are Japanese speakers there are none who are interested enough to track down materials and translate them.
Pretty much this, I barely have time to post on this forum as is.

Having to track down this novel and translate it would be time spent that I just don't have right now.

Top Bottom