• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I was just thinking today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Sorry for the crappy title, though, I didnt know what else to name it. But, today I was playing DMC:SE and I had finished easy mode with Vergil. But, when they had showed me my ranking, in stage one I had got SS!? Is a SSS possible?

Chrysander

I always took it to mean:

S ranking = you got mainly S's, so overall you get S

SS ranking = like an S version of an S ranking - it's like you need say 2000 orbs on a level to get an S ranking for orbs... but to get an S - S ranking, you need 5 x Ss, so then it's not just S, it's an S - S... I dunno if that makes sense to anyone else!

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Holy crap! Are you serious!? SS for all levels!? Damn, you must have played waaaayy too much DMC! But, I guess you are damn good too! ;) Teach me!

Chrysander

I am not that good, some people have done SS for all of the difficulty levels, up to Dante Must Die... that is hard!

On mission 2 when you are trying to get SS, what rankings are you getting for time, style, orbs, damage and items? The most important things about succeeding all fit together (in order of priority)

1) Avoid getting hit by jumping or rolling or dodging
2) Continually hit enemies when you get the chance
3) Keep changing the attacks you are using, so you get more style (if you use the same move over and over, you won't get as much style bonus)
4) Don't kill enemies until you are up on the style meter. You get more orbs for killing an enemy when you have high style. So if an enemy is close to dying, but you are only on B, leave them for the time being and go to another enemy to get more style, then you can get A or S for both enemies.
5) Taunt whenever possible. This gives you extra style for free. Especially good just after killing an enemy, as it boosts your style while there is a gap before you fight the next enemy
6) Use the DT charge move (hold L1, and wait for your devil bar to fill then release). This will do lots of damage to surrounding enemies, and can kill an entire horde if you've done them a bit of damage beforehand. You will get your style full right up, and get full orbs from those enemies.

So, all those things work together to help you get SS ranks... If you avoid getting hit, then you will stay on your feet and get the levels done quicker. Also your style will remain higher, because style drops whenever you get hit. So if you maintain a high style, you will also get more orbs. Avoiding getting hit also means you won't take damage, and therefore won't need to use items. By taunting you get more DT bar, which you can then use to do the DT release, which kills everyone super quick and gets more orbs!

Chrysander

Well you will get more orbs simply because you are killing several enemies at once, which raises the style meter to SSStylish, so you get max orbs. So if you have a mob of enemies, hold L1, go between them and smack them a few times with your weapon so your style goes up to say B, then when the DT meter is full, release, and it will kill all the enemies that you did a bit of damage to, and you will get SSStylish for all the kills, and max orbs - and it's also quicker. Then quickly turn off the DT and taunt, to get some DT back :)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yeah, I have seen that in one of the walkthrough's. Although, I guess with Vergil the taunting will take a long while.
"You shall die!" He says, with the Yamato.
When with Force Edge or Beowulf he just dusts his cloak... something like that.

Chrysander

Yeah that's right. But with Vergil, you can taunt, and then fire off his swords, so long as you don't move the taun will still happen. So you can hold off the enemies long enough to get the taunt to work, and get even more style! I think things are made easier with Vergil as he does so much damage

w33l33

meh...
yeah but if the damage is to much then enemies will die too quickly and therefore the style points wont have a chance to pick up...

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Yeah, thats why I have got an SS rank with Vergil on stage 1 or 2. Force edge on easy automatic is freakin awesome to use! Seriously, he shoots the blue summoned swords, and, I have the level 2 upgrade for it. Damn, it is powerful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom