• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think I should have left a long time ago.

scionicspectre

I've always had mixed feelings about these forums and getting involved with the community on a personal level. I have a few friends who like DMC, but not too many that really understand it like you guys. Many of you are smart, kind, and intelligent people who deserve all the best life has to offer, and you've shared a lot of growth with me over the last few years.

I only came to find this forum as conflict had arisen surrounding DmC's announcement, and while I adore the classic series, I was excited for the reboot and defended it to the end. I've been playing Devil May Cry since before the first game came out in the US, and it has shaped my life as an artist and a game designer. I'm glad that I've been able to get to know the kind of people who can appreciate the depth, complexity, and fulfillment you can get from mastering DMC, as well as the sheer satisfaction of playing it. I've also loved all the jokes and tender remembrances of the characters and their influence on the players.

But not all has been rosey, peachy, delicious, or whatever you like. Much of the time, we recycle old arguments and we entertain the whims of people who are incredibly misinformed and uneducated about the basics of, not only the series, but also grammar, spelling, and ethics. I've tried- probably too hard- to encourage users to come together and use reason to bridge the gap between their particular brands of fandom. I've always cared that we enjoy the best parts of this niche series and celebrate it to the fullest.

But the truth is that, like anywhere on the internet, people here live on conflict. They contradict not for edification, but to shame others and reinforce their egos. It would appear that Devil May Cry's appeal is so vast that it attracts the juvenile sociopaths just as well as the rest of us.

So yeah, it was fun, but it was difficult, and it's really not worth it anymore. I'm still going to be a part of this fandom elsewhere since there are collections of fans that have nowhere near the amount of degradation and regurgitated filth swimming around here. I fear that if I stay any longer, I'll become that much more disappointed and leave a negative impact that no one here needs on top of all the other problems we're facing.

I'm still going to be holding that poll to decide which costume (possibly costumes if we're lucky) I make as a mod for DMC 4: SE, so hopefully someone will be around to post a link to it. I hope that, by my leaving, our love for Devil May Cry and each other can grow and flourish rather than diminish and decay as it has here over the years.

I'm sorry to leave those of you who have been kind to me lately, and I apologize to those of you who I may have offended or belittled as my frustration grew. I'm gonna' head into Bloody Palace to let this stress off and try to enjoy a spoiler-free month before one of the best games of all time comes out. ;) Farewell, and may we meet again on the leaderboards.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Aw sh!t. Come on man, I was just about to Follow you! And you're the only one here I can discuss mods/technical sh!t with!

Stay.

scionicspectre

Aw sh!t. Come on man, I was just about to Follow you! And you're the only one here I can discuss mods/technical sh!t with!

Stay.

Aw. Well, I am one of the moderators on /r/DevilMayCry, so you can catch me there at /u/scionicspectre. It feels like the subreddit is improving every day, and people just downvote instead of getting into fights. XD

I'd like to stay, but I've picked up a lot of work on some personal projects so I'm trying to cut off the cruft and make sure my mental state is streamlined to focus on creating well. The kind of stuff I'm working on is even harder to do when I see the kinds of criticism being leveled at very talented developers and artists here on a daily basis. :\ I can manage it, but it's probably not healthy to ingest all too often. Knowing all this technical stuff makes it that much harder to be around disinformation since I have such a strong urge to correct it.

I suppose I could come back to check in on the main community beats occasionally, but at least for the following month, I'm going to be as pro-DMC as possible and not let anything get in the way of that. Even if I do come back, I don't think I'll be able to do more than read the headlines.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Aw. Well, I am one of the moderators on /r/DevilMayCry, so you can catch me there at /u/scionicspectre. It feels like the subreddit is improving every day, and people just downvote instead of getting into fights. XD

I'd like to stay, but I've picked up a lot of work on some personal projects so I'm trying to cut off the cruft and make sure my mental state is streamlined to focus on creating well. The kind of stuff I'm working on is even harder to do when I see the kinds of criticism being leveled at very talented developers and artists here on a daily basis. :\ I can manage it, but it's probably not healthy to ingest all too often. Knowing all this technical stuff makes it that much harder to be around disinformation since I have such a strong urge to correct it.

I suppose I could come back to check in on the main community beats occasionally, but at least for the following month, I'm going to be as pro-DMC as possible and not let anything get in the way of that. Even if I do come back, I don't think I'll be able to do more than read the headlines.

Ah. Well... see ya... :(

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Don't know if you'll believe me but I'll miss you. Well... I'll see you in another life then.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Always sad to see people take the choice to leave however opinions will ALWAYS differ on EVERY forum and website and nothing will ever change that. If you find yourself getting affected on a personal level then yeah it would be wise to step away from forums.

scionicspectre said:
But the truth is that, like anywhere on the internet, people here live on conflict. They contradict not for edification, but to shame others and reinforce their egos.

I'm still going to be a part of this fandom elsewhere since there are collections of fans that have nowhere near the amount of degradation and regurgitated filth swimming around here.

Think you may find that the bile & filth amongst some comments by "fans" is not just here & compared to some places I've been & posts I've witnessed elsewhere it's like lollipop kingdom here for the most part.

Sharon made this thread 2 years ago and it still stands today.

I wish you luck with your future endeavours and finally finding the fandom you seek. However the DMC communities and fans in general have some of the most opinionated, intolerant, venomous fans around & harsh to tar the community as a whole here with that same generalisation but if you truly dislike it so much here then we hold no-one against their will.

Top Bottom