• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

i need help with dmd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
i am currently stuck on mission 16 against nightmare ive just done watever seemed right at the time i haven't really developed a strategy<_< i was wondering if you guys could help

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I don't remember fighting Nightmare in Devil May Cry 2. He is only fought in the first Devil May Cry for 3 times.

Tips on fighting Nightmare:

1. Let Nightmare 'absorb' you and defeat the Sargassos (the floating skulls) and the weaker versions of the previous bosses. For the first fight, you need to fight a weaker version of Phantom, weaker Griffon for the second fight, and weaker Nelo Angelo for the third fight. By killing this weaker version of previous boss, you will damage Nightmare, a lot.

2. Most Nightmare attacks can be dodged and deflected. If you are good, try deflecting the spikes that Nightmare releases from it's body to stun it and damage the core quickly with your most powerful attacks. You can also deflect the boomerang attack as well. Using Rolling Blaze to deflect it is a good idea.

3. Nightmare can absorb your Devil Trigger runes. He will do this when the core is emitting light waves. Damage the core to stop the process. Once it had enough D.T., Nightmare will trigger it's own Devil Trigger mode, which means you are going to die quickly, and it is nearly impossible to stop it once it had use D.T. form.

4. Nightmare's laser cannon attack can be dodged by using proper jumping. Avoid it all costs, as it is very damaging.

5. Nightmare's machine gun orbs can be destroyed with you firearms. However, it can respawn.

6. Nightmare will send some slugs to attack you when you are far away. Kill them or just avoid them altogether.

7. Make sure you activated the light switches on the walls to make Nightmare show it's true form. You can only damage when it is in solid form.

8. When Nightmare's core is exposed, it will use missiles attack and the spike thing. Use Inferno to destroy the missiles, Rolling Blaze, or just dodge it with Side Roll.

9. Use items when necessary. Dante Must Die mode is a very difficult mode, son don't be afraid or shy using items.

10. Recommended weapons to use are Alastor or Ifrit, plus Ebony and Ivory.

Hope this will help you.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DarkKnight1000;270601 said:
how'd this get on dmc2 forum i put on dm1

You may have made a small mistake.

Also, dunno if anyone mentioned it, but Holy Water does very little damage during the 2nd and 3rd fight. Thought you'd like to know.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
so once i finish DmD im thinking about doing a lets play on you tube on all difficulties and using all costume what do you guys think??

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
A let's play? I say hell yes!

Oh, and if you would like tips, here's a good one.

Start up the Rune Clocks before you start the fight, and don't EVER let them run out.

Or, if you're feeling lucky, let him swallow you and kill the mini-boss. That will take a HUGE freaking chunk out of his health bar. I think it's about 1/5th.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
actually let run out and taunt him to get dt back up so its taunt dodge taunt dodge lol would sparda be an effective weapon because on hard i nearly abandoned it until figured out its stinger is as effective as a dted alastor stinger

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
so im thinking the order of my LP will be Normal (new game) easy auto (saved) hard with Ldk costume (Saved) Dmd saved with super dante costume

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not a bad idea. Gives us a chance to see all the differences between the modes AND the other characters.

I've never gotten outside the castle with Sparda, even on normal (Phantom keeps killing me) so I don't know if he has an outside battle theme yet. >_<

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
you know even on dmd i was able to beat by using stiger and running away but now inside nightmare i get killed by mini phantom >.<on easy auto im going to do an all s run that way i dont just tear through the game

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey, just a word of warning, try not to double post so much. There's an edit button to edit your posts instead.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Nelo 3 is pretty much word for word exactly like the other Nelo fights, except with Summoned Swords. He shouldn't be much trouble.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

>Read thread title
>I better help this guy

>Devil may cry 2 forum

What is this I don't

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DarkKnight1000;272481 said:
so close to victory i could taste it =(
Nelo 3 .... i... hate ...you

It's the Summoned Swords that got you, right? When he uses them, I like to use Alastor DT and run like mad.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DarkKnight1000;272774 said:
ok ill try that any thing for when he surrounds himself with them

Also, when he surrounds himself (called Spiral Swords) shooting them will shatter them. It takes a couple shots though, and it has to be a heavy hitting weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom