• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Miss The 'Stinger Leap'

Goldsickle

Performing a Stinger (or any charging signature move) at a ledge will make you leap at a long distance.

You can't do it here D:

DarkSlayer54

But to be honest, is it's leap even needed?
In DMC1 you could use it when there was no normal leap available at a ledge... in DmC you have plenty of ways to go from platform to platform.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
There are a lot of things I miss from the classic series.

I just hope that I end up missing a lot from this game, too, in a few years.

Goldsickle

But to be honest, is it's leap even needed?
In DMC1 you could use it when there was no normal leap available at a ledge... in DmC you have plenty of ways to go from platform to platform.
When you know when to use it, it's handy to shave time for a good total time ranking.

Also in DMC4, keeping the analog stick tilted forwards during the leap will instantly make you sprint as soon as you land.
I make use of this to whiz past certain areas quickly.

Calypso Dynamo

I know it's not necessary but yeah i really miss the stinger leap, it was just fun to do...R.I.P. Stinger leap you will be missed.

ChaserTech

Stinger Jump was really handy.
Especially going into sections that you aren't supposed to go in normally. lol

Dante47

That brings up a good point.
I'm wondering how many of us in the following years will be complaining about the absence of a certain feature such as Angel Lift, or Demon Pull, etc.

ChaserTech

That brings up a good point.
I'm wondering how many of us in the following years will be complaining about the absence of a certain feature such as Angel Lift, or Demon Pull, etc.

Considering that Angel Lift/Demon Pull are relatively old concepts from previous games, just applied in actual combat, (mainly Angel Lift) we would most likely complain regardless if these mechanics were to be removed.

Goldsickle

Speaking of absent features, I miss the old "Enemy Files" from the first game that gets updated with every new ability the enemy displays.

There are a bunch of secret maneuvers in DMC4, such as:

- You can Buster Counter an Assault flying in mid-air.
- You can damage a Mephisto or Faust directly through their cloaks by parrying their claw attacks.
- You can Snatch a Gladius out of Angelo Agnus's hands (he'll even wave his finger at you).
- You can catch Angelo Credo's spears with a Buster.

If DMC4 used the first game's Enemy Files design, players would know about these faster.

Noel

I'm sure the absent of stinger leap is because DmC is much more a platformer than a metroidvania.

Dante47

Considering that Angel Lift/Demon Pull are relatively old concepts from previous games, just applied in actual combat, (mainly Angel Lift) we would most likely complain regardless if these mechanics were to be removed.
Only in Devil May Cry 4's case, in which you would have to play as Nero in order to do something remotely similar to DmC's Angel Lift/Demon Pull.

Azurel

I'm sure the absent of stinger leap is because DmC is much more a platformer than a metroidvania.

Well, the fact that weapons can open new areas is very Metroidvania-ish. So is that fact that levels are rather large and expansive, rewarding exploration with Blue Roses (DMC 4 reference) and Lost Souls (Dark Souls reference? lol).

And please don't bring up ''DmC-troidvania''. It makes me sad because that's basically what the Darksiders series was (but not Lords of Shadow, that game was pretty linear) -- it reminds me of THQ closing down and the fact that the series will most likely never be complete, and all the cool ideas in that game (great ideas, so-so execution) will never come to fruition in another title for a long, long time. *sigh* :(

You most likely will. When Capcom decides to reboot again. :troll:

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
DMC3 had Kalina Ann in Gunslinger style which also pulled enemies towards you.
Oh man, that was the only thing i used Kalina for, it was all based around range too. Got me all the way through Bloody Palace...

actually no, it didnt =X but! it did keep me alive for 2 hours! until i had to do other things

But something i will miss, and yes, i complain about it a lot, is taunts!!
i will forever be butthurt over that.

U cannot just make taunts be as cool as in DMC4 and then just say "it will ruin the narrative" But when you JC Drop and nothing happends its completely ok

OH yea!! another thing!! Two some time....... :'(

Top Bottom