• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I have good and bad news for Metal Gear Solid fans.

puenboy

Soldier 1st Class
The good news is there will be MGS5, but Hideo Kojima is bored about it.

The bad news is SNAKE WILL NOT BE IN IT!

^ well i actually expected that snake wont be in
but im veeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy happy that there will be MGS5
but can u post the source from where u read that info?

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I really don't mind losing snake.

He was cool, but I don't want to alwase play the same guy.

Like how the prince is stepping aside for the new Prince of persia.^_^

Dark Drakan

Admin
No-one doubted the series would continue but Hideo Kojima said he would step down from the series and said some time ago that it was the end of the line for Solid Snake.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
^^^your right there but still
I Personally think they should have ended it with MGS4 i really don't think MGS will be the same without Solid Snake i personally would love to keep playing as snake because he's a badass in my book!

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Kojima said he was thinking about MGS5 in a Famitsu interview before MGS4 was released. He plans to follow the MGS Storyline and leave the next MGS to the future generations.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
Still for me MGS will not be the same will not be the same...heck i probably won't even buy it if there is an MGS5

Sparda™

Just search Metal Gear Solid 5 on Google.

Inevitably, Kojima WILL be involved with the game. All I've seen is that It will most probably be a prequel.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
What the hell? No Snake? I can't believe it. An MGS without him is like toast without butter, chocolate without sugar, ice cream without the cold and other such unnatural tribulations.:wacko:

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Ok, why the hell ppl are pìssed that Snake aint gonna be in MGS5? Kojima stated.....MULTIPLE TIMES, that MGS4 is the last of Solid Snake but the series will still go on. This is old news ppl. Its not like he mislead us. Kojima told us this point blank. If yaw pìssed, its yaw own damn fault.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm not even an MGS fan, but just because someone may have told us something point blank; that doesn't mean we have to accept it or go with it. Snake obviously made MGS what it is for them, so without him it wouldn't feel like MGS. I don't know, it's just a difference in people's opinions. For some it may go on, but for others it wouldn't. I went off several things because they changed the main character and everything.

But in this case, I am not fussed if Snake isn't in it.

Sparda™

^ In fact Esura is right.

Kojima told us since before the release of MGS4 this would be the last game for Snake to appear.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Dont get me wrong guys, I like Snake, but I've been prepared to let him go for awhile. And MGS4 essentially ended his story PERFECTLY. No need to **** it up by making a prequel of Snake or something or making Snake MAGICALLY get young and come back in a sequel. I'd rather play as a new guy (a la Raiden in MGS2) than someone who supposed to be dead from FoxDie and accelerated aging.

But after awhile, unless you are Mario, or Mega Man, or Samus Aran, or any other classic video game characters from yore who seems to resist dying out like AIDS, they wont last forever. Especially for some long series like MGS and DMC. And Dante, after a couple more DMC games, will hit the chopping block just like Snake. I'm not trying to kill off Dante for Nero if thats what yaw think. I love Dante, in a non homo way. I've played EVERY DMC game and grown to like Dante on a Solid Snake level, but I have a LONG list of reasons Dante wont last too much longer but thats 'nother story.

R.I.P. Solid Snake
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUID!!!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Lots of good points. I love my video game characters, but every story ends and the old must eventually move aside for the new generation.

Once a characters story is over, let me hear another story with someine else. That is why PoP is using a new guy, because the old prince has told his story already. He is done, and Snake is done.

Top Bottom